“Be aware!! After you will send deposit they are changing the conditions!!!!”
Review of Hotel Vergos

Hotel Vergos
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Vourvourou
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
“Be aware!! After you will send deposit they are changing the conditions!!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I found this hotel on internet. I liked what I saw on the pictures and I send a mail to check the price and the conditions.
I was told very clear that the price is generally 72 euro, but that they will MAKE A OFFER TO US of 60 euro that: " includes A/C, satellite TV, safe , telephone refrigerator, a toilette, dryer hair, and a balcony with a sea view. Also they wrote: "The offer that I can make you is It costs is 60euro included room, breakfast, per day , for 2 adults"

IT WAS VERY CLEARLY WRITTEN, AND WE UNDERSTOOD THE CONDITIONS VERY CLEAR!!!

But, for to be 100% sure that we understood all the conditions, and the price, I wrote back a mail in witch, one by one wrote all the conditions, including that the price of 60 euro per day for a room for 2 adults, includes the breakfast. Then I received the mail from Foula that our reservation is ok (I am keeping all the mails) and she asked 100 euro deposit to be send to them by Western Union, and I did that!!.
After I send the money, I got mail from Foula, writing to me that they received the money and that the price is 60 euro without breakfast!!!??!!!! I immediately reacted, and I have been told that the in the first mail that they send to me they did typing mistake???!!!!! and that “ everyone would understand that the price with the breakfast is of course the higher one,(72euro) than the price which only includes the room per day(60)”.!! WOW!!!!??!! I was shocked!!
I wrote them back that this:
“IT WAS VERY CLEARLY WRITTEN, AND WE UNDERSTOOD THE CONDITIONS VERY CLEAR!!! And there could not be typing mistake!!. WE ACCEPTED YOUR OFFER AS YOU WROTE, AND WE SEND YOU THE MONEY FOR DEPOSIT.
IF THE CONDITION WERE AS YOU ARE CHANGING THEM NOW, WE WOULD HAVE NOT ACCEPTED THEM BECAUSE WE HAD BETTER OFFERS.NOW OUR ARRIVAL DAY IS VERY CLOSE, AND I ALREADY REFUSED OTHER OFFERS (BECAUSE I THOUGHT WE AGREED AND WE CONFIRMED), PLUS I SENT YOU MONEY (I PAYED COMMISSION TO WESTERN UNION TOO) AND NOW, YOU ARE CHANGING THE CONDITIONS!??!!
I THINK THIS IS NOT FAIR!
I THINK THE FAIR ACTION IS TO KEEP YOUR WORD AS WE AGREED, AND FOR THE FUTURE TO BE MORE CAREFUL WHEN YOU ARE GIVING OFFER, SPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE ASKING DEPOSIT UPON IT (FOR TO CONFIRM EACH OTHER CONDITIONS AS WE AGREED).

I HOPE YOU WILL KEEP YOUR PROMISES AS YOU GAVE TO US, AND WE WILL ENJOY OUR HOLIDAY THAT WE NEED SO MUCH AFTER YEAR FULL WITH WORKLOADS:)”
So today is Tuesday 17th August 2010, and our holiday should start at Sunday 22nd August, I do not have other option then to go to Hotel Vergos!!! We will see what will happen there!!! For sure I will let you know if there will be happy end or not (for us of course!!:)

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
16 Thank Andriana044

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We stayed in this hotel for one week at the end of July 2010 : the hotel is clean, rooms are confortable, our room with sea view was fantastic. Food is excellent, whatever you take, you can be sure it will be delicious and enough for 2 persons. Portions, and in particular pizzas, are so huge!
But the staff working there was particularly unhappy, not glad to receive us. The boss of the hotel is often there : he doesn't offer you any coffee or anything else when you come in, he never says hello at the morning... We were really disappointed from these persons, otherwise the hotel is ok, also the swimming pool, also the food... Please note that we were surprised that rooms are not cleaned every day!
Vourvourou is not famous for long walking areas : there is nothing around (except from other hotels or apartments), just 2 or 3 restaurants (lower level than the hotel's one).
The private beach of the hotel is very small : pratically you will try it one day, but the other days you will go for sure to the "Kalamitsi beach" which is fantastic (less than 1km from the hotel, so one minut by car). Not so far from Vourvourou, I'd also suggest Sarti which also has a beautiful beach/see

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank skodd
Bucharest
Reviewed 10 March 2010

Very nice...very good private beach and swimming pool. Great pizza !!!
Dimitri (owner son) is a nice guy ! And a hardworker....

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank cparaschiv
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 7 August 2009

I have stayed in Vergos hotel from Vourvourou at the beginning of July 2009 and the place definitely worth mention it.
The hotel is very clean, the rooms with sea view are quite large and clean, you have a small (20m long) beach and the emerald waters are in front of your eyes all the time.
The hotel has a small pool which is good only for kids in my opinion and also a very nice restaurant where you can serve the breakfast but also delicious dinners. The pizza (huge and tasty one) is a must there as well as the sea food.
Be aware that the lady who owns the place and stays at the reception doesn't know english (I think she knows german though).
If you decide to go to Vergos, don't hesitate, it really worths the money.

2 Thank TeoPaul
Skopje
Reviewed 4 August 2009

We found this hotel on internet. Also, our friends went to Greece (we are from Republic of Macedonia so it really close) one day to check this hotel in Vourvourou. They were very pleased and have made reservations for themselves by paying EUR100 advance. We decided to make reservations via e-mail. Apparently the son of the owners knows english, however not very well. We have aggreed with him via e-mail to reserve 2 studios for certain period by paying EUR200 for the 2 studios by Western Union. We informed him that we made the payment and he confirmed that he received the money.
But.....after 4 and a half hours driving with a 16 months old we were told at the hotel that they have only one studio reserved- they said that they thought that the EUR200 were for one studio! We were soooo angry!
We were lucky to find better apartment for lower price just across the street in Maria apartments. With great balcony and close to the beach.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
6 Thank ANAMACEDONIA
Iasi, Romania
Reviewed 24 May 2009

We loved this hotel because it had clean, comfortable rooms, beautiful pool, very good food, friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank carmenIS
Wickham Bishops, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2008

Having enjoyed an 11 day cruise in the summer we wanted a one week escape in the sun before the winter.

Sadly there are relatively few Hotels in Sithonia reviewed on Trip Advisor and those that are are mainly resort Hotels situated on a beach but some distance from a town or village.

We were looking for a small Hotel in a small town or village with a choice of places to eat in the evenings.

My research found Hotel Vergos which claimed to be in the middle of the village with Tavernas and Pizzerias nearby.

I booked and had to arrange a money transfer for the deposit to the Hotel's bank - no credit card facility.

I am sure that it didn't help that we arrived in the pouring rain and this must have distorted our impression. There was nobody to be found on reception and when we did find someone they spoke minimal english. The welcome overall was most unfriendly and we were left to find our own way to the room with no directions being given.

I am sure we had probably been given one of the best rooms with a lovely view of the beach and bay beyond. However, it was on the top floor with a sloping roof covered in dark pine which made the room dark. A window was broken, no latch, and with the poor weather was banging in the wind. First job was to wedge it shut.

There were 2 beds only one of which was made up. The bed couldn't have been more than 4 foot wide and there was no way two people of average size could sleep in it! I ended up sleeping on the unmade bed covered with a bedspread out of the wardrobe. It was most uncomfortable.

For breakfast it had been indicated to us, by a scribble on a piece of paper when we checked in, that this was from 8 a.m. although this was immediately changed to 9 a.m. The breakfast was served plated with a selection of bread, cake juice and we were brought tea and coffee. This was OK.

We decided we could not stay here any longer and went on the search for another Hotel on the peninsula. Having found an alternative we returned to pack our bags, check out and retrieve my passport. We were made to feel like criminals.

The Hotel looked attractive with a nice pool, albeit next to the road, a lovely garden area between the Hotel and the beach and there was a bar and restaurant area next to the pool.

I would suggest that you should only book this Hotel if you can speak Greek and it is not outside of high season.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — Unfriendly management
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Bouff

Travellers are raving about these Vourvourou hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vourvourou
Hotel Vourvourou
#3 of 8 in Neos Marmaras
Porto Carras - Meliton
Porto Carras - Meliton
#1 of 8 in Neos Marmaras

Been to Hotel Vergos? Share your experiences!