Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
OlneyBuck...
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Previous review rings true”
Reviewed 19 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We booked this cottage sometime back. Just before we left, my wife cross referenced the cottage on trip advisor, and found the previous not so positive review, which may have altered our choice, and whose general comments tend to ring true.

We booked through Cornish cottages holidays, and gave the following feedback to them on their website, only to get a 404 page not found error when submitting :-(

Information pack:
-----------------------
“Local shops - the closest shops are in Truro around 5 miles away”
“Cashpoint - the nearest cash point can be found in Truro, where branches of all of the main banks can be found”.

Both of these pieces of information are totally useless to someone new to the area: no map, directions, opening times on how to get to the shops and/ or cashpoint. It is also incorrect and probably shows how old the information is: there is a free cash point at the shell garage as you turn off to feock from the main road.

Decor:
--------
The information pack states that “the property has been equipped to a high standard…” six points come to mind.

1: There is a high wooden bar across the door opening on the floor going into the lounge, (I have photos). Both my son (14) and wife, both managed to bump their toes on this numerous times ( we take shoes off inside the house). Such a hazard should be resolved.

2: Leaving the main room on the first floor, approx ⅓ of the doorway leads over the descending stairs. This at night in an unfamiliar house is potentially dangerous (again I have photos).

3: Four plastic chairs are outside. I sat on one and it cracked ( I am not that heavy): they appear to have been left outside for some time and UV has degredated the plastic’s integrity.

4: In the main bedroom, is some tech I have not seen for sometime: a cathode ray tube television with built in VHS recorder, ( both analogue) fed by a freeview digital to analogue converter. I had to give my children a quick history lesson on them. ( high standard ?). The main television in the lounge is an integrated freeview/ flat screen Samsung.

5: We did have some rain while in Cornwall: the strength of the nature rainfall was a hands down winner over that provided by the “shower” in the bathroom. The top power switch has also been installed 180 degrees the wrong way round.

6: There are no coat pegs and/or a coat stand in the cottage: if the weather is inclement, where are you s’pose to hang wet coats?

As I have previously mentioned, Before we left home, my wife did a quick trip advisor check. We can report that the cobwebs are still present (I have photos of them in the main bedroom), The information pack states “ We work really hard to ensure Blue Cottage is presented in immaculate condition for each set of guest…” : if such statements are made, they should be backed up with investment and work. More interestingly the visitors book is brand new with only one entry for 11th August.. no previous comments are available for inspection: coincidence i’m sure, after what the previous reviewer on trip advisor mentioned.

The linen and towels are clean and comfortable, and the kitchen has sufficient China, cutlery and pots and pans for holiday cooking.

chrisdo20...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Nice cottage shame about the management”
Reviewed 24 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

I have sent this to Cornish holidays and also Sykes who have just taken them over but do they care,NO.
The age of the cottage has nothing to do with the following report, just poor property management/cleaning supervision.

Some points which are very concerning and potentially dangerous-- Large slab of slate which is propped up against the side of the porch ( would take 2 men to lift) at an acute angle,should children be playing unsupervised it could fall on them and seriously injure them.

Tested the fire alarm and would not turn off (faulty). Chairs in dining area some are unstable and one in particular has the struts very loose and could could injury if sat on and collapses.

Cleaning-- large amount of cobwebs around the Rayburn area and hearth/cobwebs over the door into the kitchen.Only 1 black bag left for the week/empty kitchen cleaning products left under sink.There is a plug for the sink but it is too small,why does someone buy a product knowing it is unsuitable for use? Some bowls still had food stick to them,so we washed all our crockery before use.

Three clocks not working as batteries flat. Vacuum cleaner stinks when used.Garden area could be nice but full of brambles which will scratch children playing. Bathroom no slip mat for the bath --as there is a shower over the bath a slip mat should be provided.

Overall the cottage could be very nice as the location is very good it is let down by poor property management and unsupervised cleaning,in view of this i have a provisional booking for March 2018 which i would like cancelled as this holiday gives me no confidence in future stays.
I can supply photos to confirm the above points which should be dealt with as a matter of urgency.

There are numerous negative comments in the visitors book which obviously have not been passed on.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.

Travellers are raving about these Feock hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing