On arrival we were impressed but soon came back down to earth when shown to our room. Rooms were very basic and not very comfy at all, sheets were always covered in sand even when we hadn't been to the beech!
This was the first year that Thompson have travelled here on an all inclusive basis. We travel at least 3-4 times a year with Thompson and this is by far the worst interpretation of 'all-inclusive' we have ever had. We were made to feel like second class citizens to the paying guests.
Although the food in the buffet restaurant was good most of the time there was a number of times when we had pork and turkey that was raw. We spoke to other guest who also disappointed in the food and hygiene standards.The staff in the buffet restaurant were very helpful.
The pool bar menu had a list of 4 baguettes which were for 'all inclusive' and loads of others but you had to pay for these. The rep Julie knew little about the hotel or the 'all inclusive' she actually commented "well how many baguettes do you need" to which a reply came surely all inclusive means you can choose from anything on the menu. The sea dunes restaurant was fantastic and well worth the visit, this also had a different menu for paying guests!!
The entertainment was a tad boring and repeated on a weekly basis so in the second week there was nothing to do in the evening.
The entertainment staff did little to entertain the teenagers so if your thinking of taking 13-17year olds take a friend to keep them company as there is nothing for them to do in the evenings at all and day time entertainment is 'as and when they can be bothered'.
Maybe in a few years this hotel will be ready for the all inclusive standard we are used to from Thompson but as it stands if it wasn't for the location and the weather i think we would of come home early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Olympia Riviera Thalasso is the ultimate spa resort in Peloponnese. Inspired by the sanctuary at Ancient Olympia, this exclusive beachfront hideaway is pure in classical elegance. Palms and a tropical seawater pool extending down to the beach add an exotic note. Guestrooms and summer suites are elegantly appointed in a style that strikes a balance between the casual and the glamorous. Enjoy endless leisure facilities within the resort and the sublime Elixir Thalassotherapy Center with 4.500 m² of pure pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grecotel Olympia Riviera Thalasso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecotel Olympia Riviera Resort Thalasso Hotel Kylini
- Grecotel Olympia Riviera Kylini
- Grecotel Olympia Riviera Thalasso Greece/Kyllini