“Relaxed holiday”

Olympia Golden Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Kyllini
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is a nice small hotel. Perfect place to just relax, read and just do nothing. We were scheduled to stay for 3 days but our next travel destination was cancelled so we decided to stay on for a week. The first room we were in was nice, clean and quiet towards the back. of the complex There was no sea view but a view of the complex and the pool. There is tennis court nothing special. Main Pool ok depth 1.5 metres and smaill pools for children. Staff are interesting people to watch and meet with. Attentive. We were half board, food was not that great, food was being recyled from previous day. As I was told you can't please all people everyone has different tastes and demands in regard to their holiday stay. Ok I agree but I couldn't care less if you are trying to cut costs on my stay. I work hard during the year to be able to take this holiday that costs me about 200 euros a day. After the 3rd day they exchange our room because when we asked to stay on the room was booked to someone else. I would expect that when someone chooses to stay on you would give them a same or even maybe better room but not a room less quality than the one you are frist stayed. Oh I forgot to mention on the first stay our room had no aircondition some type of electrical proplem. When this was fixed they didn't inform us this was fixed and I was sweating to death in 36 degrees (celicus) I had to call to ask what was happening with the a/c and I was informed "oh it's been fixed early this morning". The second room was an older room right above the main reception and right next to the pool you can imagine the noise during the day. In the main pool area there is a dozer which has a wooden platform woobly and the middle wood is cracked. Anyway small imperfications within the complex but to someone who is observant you cannot nto notice. The manager Angelos is an all around man and tries to please everyones needs, just hope he dosen't burn out before the season ends. The owner is around the hotel and involved, nice gentlemen. The beach is not near the hotel you will either need a car or the hotel has a van that will drive you to and from the hotel. Their is gentlemen at the beach who is very good at his job as soon as he sees you coming towards the beach he will come to assist you in obtaining a beach chair and umbrella and I noticed he keeps an eye on the swimmers their are big waves during certain times of the year. Will I come back to the hotel yes I will. I could be as someone told me at the hotel very opinionated to the imperfecations I noticed, I don't care I was only trying to assist them to do better.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda K

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Lovely hotel with very helpfull staff. The villa I stayed is superb and the private pool big and clean.I really didn't expect to find such a nice place to stay next to an endless sandy beach.I definitely suggest this awesome resort and I will come back

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Ioannis64
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This resort is a peaceful paradise for everyone who need calm, friendly environment, good food,relaxation and luxury .I lately passed 3 marvelous days in OGB and i can say that it was worth it ,really it was!
the owner manager is a good guy very friendly and checking all the details to have his guest feel comfortable in all the senses.About the OGB staff i stayed speechless , they impressed me with their good attitude , always listening the guests and giving their attentions in every details for you to feel like home!
The rooms are very clean, good wifi signal for internet , perfect swim pool with clean water !
The food is well done from a lovely woman Chef .
Well in sum this place will remains in my heart cause it's a really good environment, With one of the well preserved Franco Castle to visit, the first Olympic village at 50 minutes of the hotel, well you have activities and everything is done for you to be satisfy!
The beach is close to the resort and the water is clean and perfect for swimming !
If i could rename this place i would say the spirit of peaceful life! Yes that's it
You really want a vacation in Greece , now you know where to go ....

Room Tip: Well in this hotel there is no specific place that i can advise cause every room is perfect !!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We are a couple, 34 years old and had the superior room with a sharing pool. Service was friendly and excellent, location and pool always clean and quiet. The beach is 500m away and you can use a shuttle service if you want to. It is also clean and quiet. Food varied every day and was very good. It was a relaxed and restful journey we were looking for. We liked best the complete hotel, service, food and at least that the hotel is far off. it is quiet, but nothing around. the next location is about 2 km away situated on a hill. you absolutely need a car.

Room Tip: superior room with a sharing pool or the villa. If you don't need a private pool, take the suite...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jens S
Reviewed 9 April 2013

A friendly environment in a small scale resort. Personnel and services was outstanding. Ideal for families. Don't expect animators, night events, see sports etc. Be prepared for family vacations and people who will make you feel like at home.
It is not on the seaside but the hotel bus can drive you back and forth.
The hotel was our starting point for daily trips to north and west Peloponnese.

Room Tip: The sets of 3 suites that share a pool were great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Tens of kids running around the (big) swimming room, playroom (with kindergardens), beautiful sandy beach nearby, great lunch and dinner buffets. Probably a paradise for kids and their parents, especially if you are Greek (which were most of the residents).

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, but if you go for the main building ones, then I would choose the central ones o...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2012

A very welcoming, well run hotel. Very spacious rooms either in the main building or in villas with shared pools. A huge central pool with lots of sun loungers. The breakfast and evening buffets were really good - lots of choice and a high standard. Just a few minutes walk to the gorgeous beach where the hotel has sun loungers for its guests. As it was the end of the season the hotel was fairly quiet but the staff were very professional and friendly and we will definitely return. Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SheffieldM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyllini
Grecotel Olympia Riviera Thalasso
Grecotel Ilia Palms & Aqua Park
Hotel Brati - Arkoudi
Hotel Brati - Arkoudi
#1 of 2 in Vartholomio

Been to Olympia Golden Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!