“Awesome and relaxing”

GreenLeadersGold level
Southern Missouri
“Awesome and relaxing”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed 4 nights with a group of 20 people, including myself, my husband, our 11 year old son and my brother. Wen had a bungalow with a pool and we absolutely loved it. All the pools as well as the big pool were sparkling clean and fresh. Our room in building E was very nicely updated. The beach was the best I have seen in Europe-- trulygolden sand and even on a hot July day it was very pleasant. It wasn't crowded and we had chairs and shade. Breakfasts at the hotel were lovely and we hadndinner at a taverna in Castro two nights-- delicious and local.

Room Tip: Go for the bungalows with pools. Totally a splurge that was unforgettable.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Miss0uriM0m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 28 July 2013

There are many luxury resorts in Greece, only a few make you feel at home. Ideal for quiet family holidays with excellent facilities, beautiful beach nearby and by far the most friendly and professional staff that we have experienced in Greece.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dimitris L
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Beautiful resort, fully equipped with what you expect from a 5 star hotel. All the personell was very friendly and polite and always smiling. The beach (which is really a golden sandy beach, like the name of the hotel) is only 2 minutes from the resort & you can easily acess it with the hotel's shuttle bus. Amazing swimming pools all over the hotel (a true oasis) but the most amazing of all the pools was our private swimming pool in front of our bungalow!!! Greek family owned resort and the personal touch of the family running the hotel was very evident in every little detail. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: The specific weekend I visited the hotel only with my husband (and not my two sons) but I highly rec...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Langelidou
athens
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My rating would be 3.5 if there was one. It is between average and good. I would not and did not give it a very good rating.

The resort is family friendly and 90% of the guest there are families with kids. The other 10% is retired folks enjoying their time off. If you are a romantic couple looking to enjoy your time this place will put you off having kids for ever. There is alway some kid crying which is normal if you are a parent and probably block it out.

The resort is smaller than you might think which we liked. It is a very easy place to move around and kid safe (except the pools). My kids really enjoyed the pools and got most out of it. Really fun, especially the kiddy pool which was knee deep.

We booked a family bungalow which was large with a sharing pool. The room was nice and the pool made things even easier for an afternoon swim.

The room was clean but the room service was running late. The hotel was fully booked so service was running late trying to keep up. They would clean the room mid day so either waking us up or doing a quick job to get out of our way.

There is also a spa (which I did not even go to see), a tennis court, gym and kids club. The girls at the kids club were very sweet and polite and my daughter loved them. Lots of drawing, activities and generally kept them busy for us to enjoy a much needed mid day siesta.

The food, which was breakfast, lunch and dinner was good, huge selection and most dishes were above average. The only thing is that it might get boring after a couple of days.

There is wifi on the resort but in most areas the signal is weak.

The beach is 500m away with a hotel bus at your service. The beach is sandy with umbrellas and loungers for hotel guests. Other than that there is more or less nothing in the area.

I mentioned that the place lacked character. It seemed that they had a list to get the 5 star rating and just followed it to the word. Nothing more, nothing less. No personal touch or character.

We had a couple of complaints and they did not seem to be very helpful or at least their excuses were not convincing.

Try to avoid a room near the main pool where the main bar is. There is constant music playing which can be heard at the rooms which can be annoying.

We enjoyed our time there mostly because the kids had a good time and because we managed to rest. I would not go again but I do not regret going at the first place. I would recommend it but under circumstances.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the main pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank AgentAC
Piraeus, Greece
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is a nice small hotel. Perfect place to just relax, read and just do nothing. We were scheduled to stay for 3 days but our next travel destination was cancelled so we decided to stay on for a week. The first room we were in was nice, clean and quiet towards the back. of the complex There was no sea view but a view of the complex and the pool. There is tennis court nothing special. Main Pool ok depth 1.5 metres and smaill pools for children. Staff are interesting people to watch and meet with. Attentive. We were half board, food was not that great, food was being recyled from previous day. As I was told you can't please all people everyone has different tastes and demands in regard to their holiday stay. Ok I agree but I couldn't care less if you are trying to cut costs on my stay. I work hard during the year to be able to take this holiday that costs me about 200 euros a day. After the 3rd day they exchange our room because when we asked to stay on the room was booked to someone else. I would expect that when someone chooses to stay on you would give them a same or even maybe better room but not a room less quality than the one you are frist stayed. Oh I forgot to mention on the first stay our room had no aircondition some type of electrical proplem. When this was fixed they didn't inform us this was fixed and I was sweating to death in 36 degrees (celicus) I had to call to ask what was happening with the a/c and I was informed "oh it's been fixed early this morning". The second room was an older room right above the main reception and right next to the pool you can imagine the noise during the day. In the main pool area there is a dozer which has a wooden platform woobly and the middle wood is cracked. Anyway small imperfications within the complex but to someone who is observant you cannot nto notice. The manager Angelos is an all around man and tries to please everyones needs, just hope he dosen't burn out before the season ends. The owner is around the hotel and involved, nice gentlemen. The beach is not near the hotel you will either need a car or the hotel has a van that will drive you to and from the hotel. Their is gentlemen at the beach who is very good at his job as soon as he sees you coming towards the beach he will come to assist you in obtaining a beach chair and umbrella and I noticed he keeps an eye on the swimmers their are big waves during certain times of the year. Will I come back to the hotel yes I will. I could be as someone told me at the hotel very opinionated to the imperfecations I noticed, I don't care I was only trying to assist them to do better.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda K
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Lovely hotel with very helpfull staff. The villa I stayed is superb and the private pool big and clean.I really didn't expect to find such a nice place to stay next to an endless sandy beach.I definitely suggest this awesome resort and I will come back

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Ioannis64
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This resort is a peaceful paradise for everyone who need calm, friendly environment, good food,relaxation and luxury .I lately passed 3 marvelous days in OGB and i can say that it was worth it ,really it was!
the owner manager is a good guy very friendly and checking all the details to have his guest feel comfortable in all the senses.About the OGB staff i stayed speechless , they impressed me with their good attitude , always listening the guests and giving their attentions in every details for you to feel like home!
The rooms are very clean, good wifi signal for internet , perfect swim pool with clean water !
The food is well done from a lovely woman Chef .
Well in sum this place will remains in my heart cause it's a really good environment, With one of the well preserved Franco Castle to visit, the first Olympic village at 50 minutes of the hotel, well you have activities and everything is done for you to be satisfy!
The beach is close to the resort and the water is clean and perfect for swimming !
If i could rename this place i would say the spirit of peaceful life! Yes that's it
You really want a vacation in Greece , now you know where to go ....

Room Tip: Well in this hotel there is no specific place that i can advise cause every room is perfect !!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyllini
Grecotel Olympia Riviera Thalasso
Hotel Brati - Arkoudi
Hotel Brati - Arkoudi
#1 of 2 in Vartholomio
Aldemar Olympian Village

Been to Olympia Golden Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!