Olympia Golden Beach Resort & Spa
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewssharing poolbeautiful beachcentral poolprivate poolnice foodrelaxing experiencemain poolexcellent familybusiness tripsuperior bungalowspa facilities areswim up barshuttle vanclean roomssmall kidsbreakfast and dinnerlow key
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Super area, fantastic breakfast with lots of variety, huge and nice rooms and very nice area with lots of flowers and green!!! The beaches around are amazing! The spa is also very good, we had a massage which was very relaxing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I was recently at the OGB for a wedding and wish that I had stayed longer than two days. It was perfect in every way.I also quite enjoyed the little surprise that a delicious buffet breakfast is included in the room rate.

Room Tip: Rooms in the building at the back near the tennis court would seem to be the quietest. This is where i stayed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank William P
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I stayed there for 4 nights,early August,and I will always wonder why this property has had so many positive reviews. I can definitely say that one can even call suspicious the fact that no one has observed anything negative. The truth lies far beyond this and it's the first time Trip Advisor's members have offered such a dubious review. The first day we were placed in an upgraded room with shared pool, while we had booked the simple double in the central building. It was awful and we were happy we hadn't paid for that. Old-fashioned furniture, no mini bar, the worst bed ever,a small,dirty pool that could only serve little children and the list could go on and on. When you pay so much money per night for a so-called 5star hotel,you demand way better things! The second day we left the room early in the morning and decided to spend the night in Nafplio. At around 21:00 we were informed by the receptionist that our luggage had been moved in another room,the one that we had initially booked. How professional! They entered the room and moved my stuff. When I demanded an explanation, the manager rudely insisted that we had been informed and that the luggage was locked and prepared for this change. Of course the truth is that we knew nothing at all and some of our personal belongings were packed just for security reasons,as the door did not provide any security. The manager could not understand that such an act is outrageous and they could inform guests in many different ways like all good hotels do. The new room was surprisingly better than the first one,which was supposingly more expensive. The breakfast was average, but the dinner had variety and was always tasty. No many healthy options,though. The central pool very small and nothing special. As for the spa, it is so surprising to know that it is awarded! No way! So unprofessional! The nearby sea is wonderful and the mini bus service very convenient. I should admit that the staff was the most hardworking one I have ever seen. All in all, this property is overrated and overestimated for no obvious reasons. Don't pay so much money to stay there. Better options must be around for this money. It may be good for families with children if you hit an offer, but no way for couples.

Room Tip: If you have children,the room with the shared pool may be convenient. Otherwise just pay for the simple room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Tsourp
OlympiaGoldenBeach, Manager at Olympia Golden Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear EleniVasilis,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel even though the most of the things are definitely different than what you have written in your review, so we will write our point of view as well.
We will start with the tripadvisor.com reviews that our hotel has received and as you believe are suspicious. Not all of the reviews are good or excellent and for that reason we also think that some bad reviews like yours are also suspicious and try to harm our excellent reputation. Moreover, one of the basic ideas for the reviews is to make suggestions to the hotels in order to help them become better. The most of these suggestions have been implemented by our hotel and we are grateful to all of our guests that they are providing us with all this good and honest feedback. Unfortunately, you do not provide us with suggestions to become better, but with malicious critics.
We are very sorry that you didn’t like the first room type, but we can assure you that this is one of the most favorable room types in our hotel. If you read more reviews you will see that the most guests are in favor of this type of room. We believe that you are exaggerating saying that it was “awful” or the “worst bed ever” etc. We never had such a bad comment and we believe that these comments are made on purpose in order to harm our reputation. You never informed us about this problem by the time you were here. As for the mini bar, our hotel does not provide it standard (it is not written anywhere), due to the mini market that is placed within the hotel. If you wanted to have mini bar facilities, you just had to ask for it and we would prepare it within 20 minutes. As for the swimming pool we have to say that the hygiene of each pool is automatically settled by our computerized system (caligan) that does not allow in any case harmful bacteria to grow up! We believe that your problem was the families with small children beside you that spoiled your mood. This is something normal for the period of August, especially in a hotel that welcomes families.
As for the Spa and the unprofessional staff, we can say that our staff is very well educated and because of the high standard that it provides it was awarded by the World Luxury Spa Awards and it is also nominated for the 2014 World Luxury Spa Awards for the second year in a row.
Coming to your basic complain, everyone must know that you booked your stay in our hotel through a travel agency. You have accepted to make a change of a room the second day of your stay in our hotel and this was verified in written form by the travel agent. This is very essential, because the basis of your complain was referred to the change of your room.
Thus, and because we didn’t have your personal details, we have informed clearly your travel agent to specify you, that after having your breakfast you have to prepare your luggage and leave the room key at the reception desk while you can continue your holiday program. By the time the new room would be ready, we would make the change of the room without the need of your presence and therefore you wouldn’t lose any holiday time waiting to make the change! This is our philosophy and we are doing it with all the changes of rooms in our hotel. We never had a problem with that!
On the contrary of what we had agreed with your travel agency, you left the hotel without giving us the key, but you had prepared and locked your luggage as it was agreed. We thought that you forgot to give us your key and that you will return in a logical hour to give it back to us. So we moved your already locked luggage in the other room, as agreed with your travel agent and of course we were waiting for you to return back and check in in the new room.
As the time was passing by and you were not shown, we were afraid that you might have had an accident or something like that. At the afternoon we decided, because we didn’t have any of your personal details (telephone), to contact your travel agency and inform them about your absence!
After some time they called us back and informed us that you were at another place and that you might come later this night. We were really astonished but relieved that you were at least well.
I personally asked to have your personal mobile phone in order to call you and ask you if you would like us to keep you some food in case that you will come later the night. I did call you and spoke with a gentle man that thanked me for our concern and the automatically change of the room and informed me that you will not come back in the hotel that night because you were in another area.
Everything until that time was going very well, when suddenly my telephone rang again and a very angry lady started yelling at me with an ironic style. This is something that happened to me for the first time in my long working experience as a hotel manager. I can’t explain with words how I felt with this unfriendly behavior. After 5 minutes almost listening all the complains about the room change that you “supposingly” didn’t know, I gently explained that I had in written form the change of the room and that you had to follow the procedure that was already agreed with the travel agency.
Unfortunately, you didn’t want to comply with the written agreement and therefore we finished our conversation.
Dear EleniVasilis, I never spoke to you rudely, I have never done it to any of my guests. On the contrary, I had an unexpectedly and ironic attack while I tried to help you and provide you with our best service! I am very sorry that you had this attitude and I am also very sorry if your travel agency didn’t inform you correctly, even though we had in written form by them the change of your room.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed in the deluxe bungalow with pool . . . typically three to five bungalows sharing one infinity pool. The complex also has a great shared pool with swim up bar. The bungalows are spacious and modern. The main building with public areas was very nice, the breakfast buffet one of the best I have ever experienced. Just a few downsides: while wireless in the rooms is advertised, it only really works in the main lobby, where children block use of the two wired computers nearly 24/7; it's a 15 minute walk to the beach, though the shuttle is always available on demand. On the very plus side, the beach is just great and the hotel has private facilities at no extra charge. Nothing actually near the hotel except watermelon fields (acres and acres and acres) . . . but some pleasant restaurants in the nearby village with good food at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank ronetc
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed 4 nights with a group of 20 people, including myself, my husband, our 11 year old son and my brother. Wen had a bungalow with a pool and we absolutely loved it. All the pools as well as the big pool were sparkling clean and fresh. Our room in building E was very nicely updated. The beach was the best I have seen in Europe-- trulygolden sand and even on a hot July day it was very pleasant. It wasn't crowded and we had chairs and shade. Breakfasts at the hotel were lovely and we hadndinner at a taverna in Castro two nights-- delicious and local.

Room Tip: Go for the bungalows with pools. Totally a splurge that was unforgettable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family