“Loved the clear & clean water” 5 of 5 bubbles

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Loved the clear & clean water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

I liked Falassarna more than Elaffonisi or Balos. First time we drove there and went to the small beach close to the Sunset tavern. Second time we took the bus from Agia Marina. The lady in the bus said there'd be a bus back from Falassarna every hour but this was not the case. After 2:30pm the next bus leaves at 5pm. Anyhow, it is easy to get to Falassarna no matter which transportation you use.

I especially enjoyed the view through my mask under water. Also on a hot day the water is pleansantly cold - really refreshing. Waves can be rough but the beach is quite shallow so it's still ok for the kids. Do come early though as the beach gets crowded but also because you might want to spend more than just a few hours here.

Sunbeds are 7€/pair and there are showers and taverns just like on the other beaches.

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cantu, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the second most beautiful beach in Crete”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

Large and big sandy beach, with emerald and clear waters. Even when crowed, you always find a peaceful place. Well equipped with umbrellas and sun beds, two snack-bars and tavernas... what do you want more?

Belgrade, Serbia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“not worth of going”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

We've red so many good comments about this beach, it's beautiful as Elafonisi etc., no way those two are incomparable. We went there right after Elafonisi and that was big disappointment, I don't understand what is great about this beach you have send and sea with even grass in it.. I don't get it. We had much more beautiful sandy beach in Rehymnon where we stayed. If you ask me and my friends not worth of going..

Visited July 2014
Thessaloniki Region, Greece
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“AMAZING BEACH!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

We drove there all the way from Chania but it was TOTALLY worthed!!! We were lucky to have a day at Falassarna with no waves at all, so you could see the beach from the top of the hill where it looked like a gigantic swimming pool! Amazing crystal clear and cool waters, I think a visit there is absolutely worthed! There are two beach bars/taverns at the side of the beach we went to, as it is actully a pretty long and wide beach!
I would love to visit it again when I go back to Crete!

1 Thank jmal127
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beautiful blue water with waves!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I loved this beach. The water is absolutely stunning - beautiful shades of blue and crystal clear and there were waves! The waves were enough to have a bit of a play around in but not too rough. We were staying in Kisamoss and it was only about a 10min drive there. It does get a bit busy but it is a big beach so there was plenty of room for everyone!

1 Thank kristy2106