All reviewsoff the beaten trackshallow endrooms are basicair conthe main roadnearest tavernagreek canadianat lunchtimepool areatranquil surroundingsdeep poolthe busminute walkskiathos townself cateringhis teamkids pool
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Very clean and well serviced, the staff are very friendly and helpful. It's an easy walk into the town centre but watch out for mopeds and bikes which seem to whizz around like flies generally on Skiathos. The rooms are small to be honest and the shower a bit quirky but everything is well maintained, and the regular room service can't be faulted. Ideal location near to the town centre, would definitely use again.

Room Tip: As with most hotels I tend to get away from the ground floor but there was very little exterior noise anyway.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Allan P
Reviewed 27 September 2017

When the coach dropped us off we were told it was a 10 minute walk to the apartments but is was no more than 5. Yes there is a 'hill' as other people have mentioned but providing you are able bodied it's barely more than a gentle slope and less than 50 metres long! The whole apartment complex and our apartment were spotlessly clean. Our room was spacious with a large bathroom and decent sized shower. We were there right at the end of the season but there were still plenty of supplies at the pool bar and everything we asked for they had in stock. We did have to wait a short time for our suitcases to arrive as they have to be brought on a small truck but this was no great inconvenience we just sat in the shade and had a beer. There are plenty of good restaurants in the area and a nice beach 10 minutes walk away. There also plenty of supermarkets within only a few minutes. You will need a torch on a night time as some of the paths to the main road are dark and can be a bit uneven in places. Buses are very regular and the nearest stop is no more than a 10 minute walk away. All staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs ask for a ground floor room as there isn't a lift.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank muddy1Hull
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Recently back from staying at these lovely apartments. Very traditional and I must say the cleanest I've every stayed in in Greece. Hector the owner was lovely and very helpful. Seemed to be there Day and night. We had read some of the reviews prior to arrival and I have to say the 'Hill' that people mentioned you have to climb to get to the apartments is nothing more than a tiny incline! Providing you have no disabilities and are in reasonable health it was a doddle to walk. Yes I would suggest bring a torch for in the evening as there are places you will need to use it. We look forward to returning to this haven soon.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sal204
Reviewed 25 September 2017

First impressions of having to walk upto the apartments with a pushchair was concerning but as soon as we arrived it was all worth while. Ektor the owner was on hand to help move luggage and show you to your room with a big bottle of water. The room was very spacious even for us having a travel cot for our little boy. (If you're travelling with little ones don't take your own cot. Contact the hotel first and they'll advise that they can put one in your room. Wish i'd known this and I wouldn't have took mine all the way out for nothing, this was not the hotels fault but the travel company for not telling me).

We have stayed in many Greek apartments and I have to say the bathroom here was very good. The shower gave plenty of room compared to other places and there was a slight ridge around it to stop the water going all over the floor. The room itself has a small kitchen area consisting of a sink, a fridge and hob with 2 rings to cook on. There is also a kettle in the rooms. (I'm advising this as we took our travel kettle). The bedroom part even with the cot was plenty big enough, without it there is more than enough room for a couple. There are balconies on the back and each one is private, you look out onto trees to the rear of the property which is lovely on an evening, we sat watching a fantastic storm come in over the hills.

There are 2 floors so if you struggle with stairs email ahead and advise Ektor and he will endeavour to get you into a ground floor unit.

The pool is something that I was concerned with before we visited as there were a lot of reports of it being deep. It is very deep compared to normal pools so not great for kids that won't use a kids pool, you have to be around 5 foot 2 to be able to stand in the shallow end. However the baby pool is where we spent our time and that is fantastic for little ones. Adults who can swim should have no issues with the depth of the pool.

Into the bar area and again this is very friendly, Ektor and Julia are around in the day and I apologise if I spell his name wrong Demitrios is there of an evening. He is great and always had a smile on his face. You can't fault this place in my opinion and when I return to Skiathos again i'll be sure to check whether I can get in here as I would 100% stay again.

The location of the hotel is up a road that is 5 minutes walk from the main road, bring a torch as its not that well lit but its not an issue, you can see enough. The hotel is away from anything else giving it the quietness.

There are many great restaurants nearby and I won't list them all here but will be reviewing them separately. I'll advise my favourite one here was called Salt and Pepper. Its a 10-15 min walk from the hotel.

Bus stop 20 is the closest stop to this hotel and a ride to Skiathos town will take 15-20 minutes and costs 2 Euros per person and runs every 15 minutes.

We'd like to thank the staff for a wonderful holiday and hope to see them all again one day.

Room Tip: All the same
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank AndyT1976
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately my wife and I found there were more negatives about Mythos studios than positive, which was a shame because it would have rounded off a lovely holiday to Skiathos if the place we were staying was better - Skiathos town and Troulos are lovely places and we'll come back but won't stay at Mythos. We want to make it clear This is 2 star accommodation - not the 3T given by Thomson and it was not cheap which is why we wanted to write a detailed review to make the point that we felt it was overpriced and not to the quality expected for 3 star.

Negatives:

Location. It's too far off the beaten track. It's a pain having to walk to and from the place as its set back and out of the way. We are an able bodied couple and we still found it treacherous at times with places you can trip easily and poor lighting. You also have to get your cases delivered separately as Mythos is not accessible by bus. That's annoying when you arrive as they can't guarantee a time that you'll get them. We booked a taxi for the return journey because we were told stories about people's luggage going missing - with it being end of their season now apparently this is more likely to happen because the people here are tired! This brings me on to my next point.

End of season: whilst the weather was nice and not too hot, we found there was a feeling of winding down early that meant we weren't looked after as well as we could have been. Something about the attitude of some people was off putting. They'd turned the draft lager off at the pool bar because it was end of season, we joked about a supply of crisps next to the bar that were being whittled down to 1 single bag rather than replenished (due to it being end of season), same for other snacks. Certain trips through Thomson were also no longer on offer for the same reason. We'd probably come in June next time to feel like we're better looked after and not just the final few holiday makers.

The apartment. It was not good. Broken TV. Leaking sink in bathroom. Lid of toilet paper bin broken, so we kept having to touch it and pick it up off the floor when it fell off (very unhygienic), smell of mould and damp in wardrobe (very odd), mould on ceiling in bathroom, rock hard twin beds that were pushed together, not ideal for a couple as there's a hard wooden frame in the centre of the bed. Tv aerial socket hanging out of the wall, light switches loose, balcony door difficult to shut due to a curtain above the door. We had to unhook the pole in our room in order to shut the door properly. Bathroom was so tiny you risked having your knee caps taken off by the toilet door whilst using the toilet. Tiny shower, with a shower curtain that keeps getting stuck to you every time you move (unhygienic). You risk face planting the floor when attempting to wash yourself properly. The room itself was the worst thing about our stay, so we spent as little time there as possible. On this point, I'd like to add that we've stayed at many self catering apartments in Greece before, so understand what to expect and have never had issues anywhere else. Always basic but everything works and it's clean. That's not what we got at Mythos...and mythos was also more expensive than some other places we've stayed at. Maybe it boils down to the end of season thing again, less attention paid because everyone is just waiting to finish for the year. Either way, Thomson are misrepresenting these apartments as 3 star and people should be aware of that before travelling.

A few positives:

The area, both Troulos and Skiathos Town are amazing places with lovely beaches and many nice places to eat and drink. We spent days at the beach on the much better sun beds (Mythos has hard plastic ones) and evenings dining in Skiathos town after cocktails - a beautiful place. We will look to stay in Skiathos town next time we visit.

The staff at Mythos were friendly. The owner, Hector was helpful and an overall nice guy.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple