“lovely hotel pitty about the location”

Stella Palace Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Analipsi
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We went as a party of 6, 4 adults, 2 young teenage girls. The staff are really friendly and helpful, I went to reception and asked for a kettle in my room and when I arrived back to the room they were knocking on the door with it, we couldn't fault the service all holiday. The animation lads are great, they try to get you involved in the daily activities but don't pester you and they really make a fuss of the kids, theres something there for all ages to do during the day. the pools are amazing, no matter how old your kids are theres a safe pool for them to play in.

The food was fine, im not a fussy eater and will try anything. Bacon every morning for breakfast which was a bonus for my hubby, pizza, chips, pasta for the fussy kids during the day. Yes it was a bit repetitive but I think you get that with all inclusive everywhere. the snacks inbetween meals were bad, so make sure you go for your main food or you will be disappointed. There didn't seem to be a limit on how many drinks you can have from the bar which was good late on when the bar stopped all inclusive.

The biggest problem with this place was the beds. I used the sunlounger cushions under my sheet because it was so hard and everyone we spoke to said the same, but the rooms were fine, nice and clean and spacious enough.

If you like to be close to town this is not the place for you. The beach is across the road and theres supermarkets and a few bars within walking distance but its 12 euros for a taxi to the nearest town, I know that doesn't sound a lot but we went twice and it cost just under 50 euros for 2 trips so it does add up. They don't have mini buses either so if theres a party of you theres no cutting costs. its defenately a relaxing holiday area.

Everything is very expensive!!!!! So if you have kids and you want lilos etc buy them here. An inflatable whale cost us 20 euro, sun creams 20 euro, copy lacoste polo shirts 40 euro. And if your a smoker 20 fags 4 euro, 40g golden Virginia 8.80 euro so they were quite cheap.

Over all I would defenetly recommend this hotel. apart from the beds its a great place and you will enjoy your stay if you like to join in and have a good time. Anything you need to know feel free to message me and ill try my best to be honest and help. HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank kay c

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have to say I have mixed feeling about my holiday at the Stella Palace in May 2014. On arrival we were told we had been upgraded to a family room, on entering the room I found in fact it was still a standard room (and a small one at that) there were wires hanging out of the walls and damp on the ceiling. We were also next to the ampitheatre and at 11.30 at night the music was still very loud. With a 4 year old this was not ideal. I asked to move and the staff on reception were very helpful. We were moved to a room close to the top pool and restaurant. The room was lovely, very large and well presented. (however we were woken on numerous occasions at 6am from the food delivery drivers who seemed to have no concept of the time!)

One additional point about the rooms were the comfort of the beds! Or should I say lack of comfort. I have to say it was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on. The mattress was rock hard and the pillows solid. My husband and I had to resort to bringing in two cushions from the sun loungers to sleep on to make the might bar able! Everyone we spoke to had the same problem, aching backs and sleepless night were not ideal. My Shoulder is still aching 4 days after leaving! This really needs to be looked into.

The food at the buffet was amazing, great choices every night, I did however feel the waiters were rushed off their feet and perhaps could do with an extra pair of hands or two. As we had booked for two weeks we assumed that we would have two separate evenings at the two gourmet restaurants. However we were only given one. This does seem odd to be offered the same as someone paying half the price and staying half the time. We thought the Asian was excellent, but the 'gourmet' average, we were not given a choice of menu but presented with the set dishes of the day. Very limiting if you do not like certain foods.

The alcohol was clearly watered down, I think if I were to have had 10 beers I would not have felt tipsy! I have to say the cocktails that for some reason I had to pay extra for were delicious! However I a little annoyed at having to pay for something in an all inclusive hotel!

The snacks were promised to be hot and cold throughout the day. In fact there was only ice cream and cake (the same type of cake every day) available. Which meant having to attend the formal buffet every lunchtime. Not ideal with children.

There were not enough beds around the pool, on the final few days it became apparent people were reserving their beds from 5.45am! As there is a no reservation policy i do feel the hotel staff should have intervened.

We were asked to pay to use the Gym which was listed as one of the hotel facilities. 5 euros a time seems a little steep if like my husband you wanted to attend every day. The new Spa/indoor pool opened the week we arrived, although I have to say it may have been a little premature as there were still wires hanging out of walls/floors. The indoor pool was freezing as was the Jacuzzi, the steam room had no indoor handle so the door could not be closed from inside so the steam would escape. I feel the opening was premature and an additional way of gaining more money from the guests.

Over all I felt a little upset as it seemed the hotel were constantly looking for ways to get guests to pay more money despite the hotel being 'All inclusive' if you wanted a fresh orange or a latte they were extra. This doesn't seem right to me!

I have to say the saving grace for the hotel were the Kids Club, Family world and animation staff. The kids club absolutely made my sons holiday and I thank them for showing him and us such a wonderful time! Connor, Shannon, Sophie, Annie-May, Hazel and Laura you were all amazing! And of course Daniel! you are a star! They were great with my son and always had smiles on their faces and full of energy!
From the animation team I have to say Gerry was a blast! He was so enthusiastic and thew himself into everything! I loved doing water aerobics with him and had such a laugh!

Without you guys the holiday would have been no where as good!

So all in all, the holiday was very good, just a few PR issues seemed to let it down and by the end of the holiday they were starting to niggle. Facilities were fantastic, food amazing and staff awesome! Just a shame the hotel was so money orientated :(

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Pauladoos
StellaHotels, Reservations Manager at Stella Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

We would like to thank you for your review of your stay at the Stella Palace and like to apologize that the first room was not of your liking . We are happy to hear though that the immediate change to another room met your expectations and needs.

Although, we are very sorry to hear that you did not contact reception regarding the lack of bed comfort. If you had told us, we would have provided additional mattresses for extra softness and comfort and you would have had a relaxing sleep. It is very unfortunate that you did not inform us.

Furthermore, we would like to thank you on your kind words regarding the Asian restaurant! As far as the Gourmet restaurant is concerned though, kindly note, that the dinner menus vary from day to day. We are sorry to hear that the day you have chosen to visit the Gourmet restaurant the menu was not your most favorite. As it is so popular with all our guests ,we always have a variety of food to suit all guests.

The hotel has 2 really large pools, a pirate ship shaped pool and a private beach. The sunbeds are not only enough but more than enough since this year we have acquired a large amount in addition to the existing ones. We are aware of the issue that sometimes guests tend to reserve their sunbeds although it is not allowed according to the hotels policy. This matter has already been resolved.

The hotel has large groups of people, and if everybody decides to exercise in the gym, chaos will prevail. It is vital to charge a small amount of money in order to have a specific number of guests in the Gym, otherwise it would be discomfortable for all.

As far as the all inclusive program is concerned, all around the world these kind of programs tend to stop at 23.00 o'clock. That means that anything that you consume until then (except the orange juices and latte) is free of charge.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your children were well catered for. It is our aim at the Stella Palace to provide the kind of holiday environment that is perfect for all the family. With our dedicated staff and listening to our guest’s suggestions and opinions we are able to create tailor made holidays ensuring that your stay will exceed all your expectations.
We would be delighted to welcome you again to the Stella Palace for a further holiday stay with us.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in may 2014. We got married in the town hall and had our blessing at the gorgeous little chapel & had our reception meal afterwards which was amazing - couldn't fault the staff , venue or food. The best wedding meal we have ever had!!! Worth every penny. There was a band after the meal who were brilliant and we spent the evening dancing along with other guests who even told us the wedding had made their evening special. I have uploaded pictures of the chapel as I couldn't find any before we went so hope it helps out future brides.

The village is a ten min walk and there are lovely restaurants to choose from at very reasonable prices.

Couldn't fault Stella Palace - we had an amazing time.

Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Blackiejl
StellaHotels, Manager at Stella Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Stella Palace with the readers of the Trip Advisor website. It is a pleasure for us to learn that you had such a good time here with us especially on this special occasion of yours!!

Kindly note that your kind comments have been passed on to the staff.

Our aim is to making a holiday stay here at the Stella Palace the stay that exceeds our guests’ expectations. With our unique location and the dedication of our loyal staff we are proud to be able to say that we have a 40% repeater guest rate and that our guests at home. It was a pleasure meeting you and we are looking forward to welcoming you again to the Stella Palace for another stay in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had 2 weeks here, so I can sure you, its a nice place!!! Its pretty good for us, old people)), so its good for young/not so young guys also. All about the service lie inclusive service was brilliant. You should visit that hotel now!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank vint209

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Stella Palace. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again with our own special brand of Cretan Hospitality.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

we have stayed here twice..2012...2013 and are going again this year in sep. why go anywhere else when you have found the best.
first off the staff are excellent in every way. animation team are great. this will be our third time at this hotel. the food is super. you don't get bored as with many all inclusive...way too much choice to last 2 weeks. I really cant rate this high enough we have a 9 year old and the Thomas cook kids club is second to NONE. my daughter loves every min whilst we get to relax. you cant please some people but please take it from me and im really fussy this place is amazing. the little chapels on the front are so pretty. there is nothing to fault about this place.. we always do the pirate boat trip. cant wait to return this September and see the staff again. superb A++++++

Room Tip: ask for near top pool
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Niamh E

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Stella Palace with the readers of the Trip Advisor website. It is a pleasure for us to learn that you had such a good holiday here with us and that you have visited us twice already.

As your third visit here you must be aware of our Guest Loyalty program with a variety of privileges.
Upon arrival in September do not hesitate to contact reception for more information.

Our aim is to making a holiday stay here at the Stella Palace the stay that exceeds our guests’ expectations. With our unique location and the dedication of our loyal staff we are proud to be able to say that we have a 40% repeater guest rate and that our guests at home. We are looking forward to welcoming you again to the Stella Palace!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

There was a total of 22 of us who stayed at this hotel early may 2014, we had actually come for a wedding and this was the Bride and Grooms chosen destination. The first day or two was particularly quiet and we did find ourselves comparing it to our previous stay at the Belvedere in Hersonissos - one that we honestly did not feel could be beaten. However as the season began, the atmosphere soon picked up as did all of the activities available throughout the day so I do feel you need to give the hotel a chance, because it really is amazing! While we did have the problem of having to save sun loungers early in the morning, it wasn't really an issue as, with 22 of us, we just had to make do with what we could get and share! Everyday we went to the same pool bar - you HAVE to go to Kostas' bar (where the swim in bar is) as he is the best cocktail maker in the place and actually alters the drinks to suit your needs! The holiday was made so much better through his company, he really does need more credit in that hotel! As the weather was only beginning to warm up, the one issue we did incur was how cold the pools were! They only seemed to heat up on the warmer days so I do feel, for the kids, Stella Palace should invest in heated pools.
The food in the place was absolutely amazing! The main restaurant offered so many options with four different themed nights a week. The food does sometimes become repetitive, the only way to stop this is to simply try various and new things each night! We had the wedding meal at the A La Carte restaurant- oh my god!! I highly recommend trying the ribeye steak, it was to die for! This meal (with it's 8 courses!) was honestly the best meal of my life - you also have to try the lemon sorbet! For our 'one gourmet meal per stay' we decided to eat at the Asian restaurant due to previously trying the a la carte - while it was lovely, I was quite disappointed as you simply could not compare the two, I actually preferred the main restaurant to the Asian one! The one issue with the all inclusive package is the fact that the snack bar doesn't provide any hot food throughout the day - this was an issue with the young kids who were often quite hungry. The ice cream served at the snack bars however is honestly the nicest you'll ever try! Also, I think it should be considered to offer an earlier 'dinner' time for kids and young families as we did find that by 7pm the kids were starving, agitated and particularly tired. Having said that, they soon came round shortly after eating and were all of a sudden full of energy for the kids discos or entertainment down at the amphitheatre or bottom bar - this was fantastic and I highly recommend it for all ages. You'll soon find the music catchy and the atmosphere amazing, once the kids disco is finished from 10, the music and partying doesn't stop until 1 or 2 and it's a good laugh to watch! If you are all inclusive though, make sure to buy a few drinks to do you as you will have to pay from 11pm onwards.
Also the Thomas Cook kids club were amazing, it's actually made me consider taking a year out to become a holiday rep as they always looked to be having an amazing time and were fantastic with the kids - James and Lauren in particular. There are various quizzes and exercise classes throughout the day- I highly recommend you partake in these as we only began to when we were into our second week - they were fantastic and helped to break up the day if you were just lounging by the pool.
While it may be seen as a negative and a nuisance how far out the hotel is from the likes of Hersonisis and Heraklion, you soon get used to it. It was actually very relaxing taking walks around the analipsi village, If you wish to sightsee, there is a tram that comes every 50 minutes from Stella Village, if you are using it all day, it is very worthwhile and far cheaper than taxis!! If you are travelling to the likes of hersonissos, please visit the car hire rental place just past Stella Village as they are far cheaper than taxis - particularly if travelling in big groups.
The hotel staff were absolutely amazing - a member of our group got spiked when in Malia for the hen do (it's extremely dangerous so if you want to know what you're drinking, stay in the hotel or go to Hersonissos!) and they were honestly fantastic, Staying until they were sure she was ok. The hotel is also extremely clean and the maids are lovely!
All in all, I actually can't fault this hotel. While it has a few minor elements, so does every hotel and the atmosphere and assistance you get in this hotel can't be beaten!! If I could've stayed there, I honestly would have and I can't wait to get back! Each and everyone of the 22 of us who went (ranging from 1 year olds to 70 year olds) had an absolute ball and are so glad we stayed here. The hotel was worth every penny!

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank shann_nel

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Stella Palace hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our aim at the Stella Palace to provide the kind of holiday environment that is perfect for all the family. With our dedicated staff and listening to our guest’s suggestions and opinions we are able to create tailor made holidays ensuring that your stay will exceed all your expectations.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here first two weeks of August 2013 with my husband and children aged 6 and 3. Had a family room overlooking the top pool, room was average sized, clean but nothing special. I had specifically requested a room here, they are close to the main building and away from the ampitheatre (music quite loud as you would expect but carried on til early hours sometimes), we like noise but not at night when we want to sleep! Nice size pools, few broken tiles though so be careful! Worst part of the holiday was the sunlounger situation. I do not expect to have to set my alarm for 5.30am to put out towels. To be honest we only started doing this about a week after we had arrived, and just had to do it otherwise there was nowhere to sit. There simply is not enough loungers for the number of guests in high season. Pool bar staff particularly good, although they need help clearing away rubbish during the day, not enough staff employed in this area as bar staff are flat out. All hotel staff very helpful and nice really. As usual on holiday smiling and hello to the staff always helps! Thomas Cook kids club run by nice young people, but club itself run a on shoestring - those reps are trying to very hard to give kids a good time with hardly any resources. Club is quite small, which my children prefer. They did kids evening clubs (which you did have to pay extra for) but we used those nights to go to the a la carte restaurants on our own. Evening kids entertainment was OK not brilliant. Personally we always prefer the entertainment in other languages. Beach nice, Analipsi is a very small town so small beach, but perfect for a nice walk or just a change from being round the pool. Food in main buffet restaurant we thought was very good, varied selection and always hot and fresh. Can only think of one evening I didnt really fancy anything on offer, but ended up trying new things and loved it. We have mixed feelings about this hotel, it was nice but we didnt think worth the money, have had better cheaper holidays. But with a few small changes (LOADS more sunbeds, extra staff during the day to help round the pool) it could be so much better and worth what you have paid. August must be the busiest month, so services and facilities should increase and reflect that.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking/close to top pool if you prefer quieter nights
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LorrLorr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Analipsi
Lyttos Beach Hotel
Lyttos Beach Hotel
#9 of 173 in Hersonissos
Creta Maris Beach Resort
Creta Maris Beach Resort
#7 of 173 in Hersonissos
Insula Alba Resort & Spa (Adults Only)
Aldemar Knossos Royal
Aldemar Knossos Royal
#14 of 173 in Hersonissos
Stella Island Resort & Spa
Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa

Been to Stella Palace Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!