“Good hotel, great food, excellent watersports and professional staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skala Eresou
Neilson Aeolian Village Beachclub
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Skala Eresou
Staffordshire Uk
“Good hotel, great food, excellent watersports and professional staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

This resort is run by Neilson and is almost exclusively British tourists. It is a watersports based holiday and Neilson does it very well. We stayed in one of the upgraded, spacious rooms to the rear of the hotel. The suites are spacious and comfortable. The beds are a bit firm but OK. The dining is all buffet style and of excellent choice and quality. The hotel and grounds are spacious and laid out very well, with a pool bar and beach bar. The sports equipment and tuition is of the highest possible standard. We have been on numerous similar watersports holidays in the past and this is the best. Well done Neilson. We are going back next year.

Room Tip: Reccomend upgrading to suites at rear of hotel.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MickMJM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Czech first
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

Just got back on 25 June from LESVOS - Aolian Village. Best family holiday we've been on. Georgia aged 10 had the best time and learned to water-ski and tried sailing, tennis, windsurfing and diving amongst the many activities. Alice was amazing with the kids. Great restaurant staff - particularly Sofia, Rhodri and Patrick - great fun to match the great food. Room very comfortable and cool. We stayed in village rooms – bit of a walk but worth it for the views and separate bedroom. Atmosphere terrific and staff amongst the best I’ve seen in 30 years. The water-ski boys on the jetty pretty amazing with us so we left them some beers! Greek receptionist and main bar man also brilliant – sorry can’t remember all the names. Lee – resort manager - so helpful and efficient with anything and place runs like clockwork. Drinks reasonable and evening events too. We tried many activities and totally felt like we regained our youth!!! Totally refreshed and enthused about life now we are back and can't wait for the next one. By the way - took my elderly parents (almost 80 years old) they certainly relaxed as hard as they liked. I'll be posting some photos. Only negative – transfer is 2.5hrs and its winding! Return transfers were much more scenic.

2 Thank HF1Wales
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

My family and I returned today after an amazing two week stay in this place.

I am currently pregnant and my hubby and I already have a two and four year old who we were travelling with.

The nannies are brilliant, the breadth of activities the kids get involved in is excellent and v well planned, the nannies really take great steps to make sure the kids have an amazing time.

I am a complete beginner at sailing but found that the instruction was great, the guys struck a good balance between encouragement, support and challenge and couldn't fault them. I felt completely safe at all times and had so much fun that I'm hoping to continue back in the UK.

The fitness instruction was good although I only opted for a small amount of this and my husband said the bike instructors were fab too.

The food was good, there was a fair amount to choose from and it was of good quality and the pizza's at the snack bar on non inclusive nights are Good too.I would make the trip to the local village, ten mins walk away, as there were some lovely restaurants there with beautiful views as well as the cocktail bar parasol which serves the best cocktails i have ever tasted, I didn't partake too much as I'm pregnant but what I did try and what I heard from others was very positive.

The hotel bar is a little pricey if you're hoping for Greek prices of old as it's more like Uk bar prices but they have happy hours which help out with all that.

I would really struggle to thing of any reason not to book this place, the rooms are clean, the staff lovely, the equipment readily available when ever needed and of v good standard, food nice and the wind present enough for me to sail every day but one of my fourteen day holiday.

Ignore this place and you're mad.

1 Thank Lamby10001
sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

We have been on lots of markwarner/ neilson holidays and found the Aoelian Village to be one of the best.
We stayed in the hotel and it was spotless! Two rooms interconnected by a lobby door. Rooms were spacious and had fridges/ hairdryers/aircon plus largish balconies.
Food was excellant - not many other hotel buffets offer a choice of king prawns with garlic/ white wine / fish cooked as you wait plus traditional Greek fare (stiifado etc).......along with a wide veggie choice (stuffed peppers) Always lots of selection , always well cooked and seasoned, always yummy.
Activites on offer include windurfing, dinghy sailing (with included RYA tuition) waterskiing, tennis and biking- along with a full activitiy programme (yoga/ boxercise etc).
Nicely laid out - good green areas, decent size swimminmg pool - , practically on the beach.
Awesome awesone staff; the beachies were amongst the best we have met in particular Matt the head of beach. Waterskiing guys great too- as were bike guides and Dan on fitness. All "support staff" ie waiters, receptionists etc were really helful and friendly.
Transfer is a long and windy two hours - but it soon passes (altough tummies are rumberling due to early flights - we had breakfast on the plane at 10.00 uk time .......next meal was then dinner at the hotel at UK 18.00 ish - next time we will have more snacks with us! although Neilson do give you water on the coach)
Would loveto return later in the year.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank bodenbabe
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

I agree with all the positive reviews about this place. Our family of 5, (3 kids aged 6,4 and 2) had a fabulous time. It's a lovely resort, great kids club, great pool for the kids and a full and varied programme of activities with lots of things to do if you want to! I had a treatment in the spa which was excellent and rivalled some of the treatments that I have had at much plusher hotels. Lesbos is beautiful and if you were here for 2 weeks I would think it would be well worth hiring a car to explore the island more fully. All in all a great family holiday that I would recommend.
The only negatives are the transfer which as some have said is over 2 hours along windy roads. We did it with our 3 young kids and it was just about bearable but I am not sure I would do it with much smaller children, go to Lemnos with Neilson instead as the transfer is much shorter there. The other thing to remember is to pack lots of snacks or even a full lunch for your kids because apart from a rather unappetising breakfast (served around 08.30) on the plane there is no food until you get to the resort around 4pm!
The only thing I disagree with from the other reviews is the quality of the food. Don't get me wrong it's copious and not awful but we were actually quite disappointed with the food in this resort. We've done quite a lot of this sort of holiday with both Neilson and Sunsail and we definitely noticed a drop in standards this time. There was not as much variety as we have had before and the cuts of meat were fatty and cheap. It felt to us like they were working with less cash to spend and putting quantity over quality too much.
The other thing that I would strongly disagree with is the person who said that there was no need to go and eat out of resort. We went to eat out of resort whenever we got the chance and it was one of the things that we enjoyed most about the holiday. Lesbos is a beautiful island and relatively unspoilt. The small town nearby is less than 10 minutes walk and has a number of lovely restaurants and cocktail bars which are on stilts over the beach and a real taste of proper Greece! I would highly recommend pizza at Aubergine in the town square and a cocktail as the sun comes down in Paradise bar. Our family of 5 did this on each of the non inclusive evenings and managed to have a whole night out inclduing drinks (beer and cocktails!) for less than we would have paid just for food in resort and the food and view was far, far superior.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Ewloe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

would highly recommend to anyone . All the staff in the hotel /beach certainly know there stuff and are very professional . George the head chef is 'simply the best ' On the non inclusive nights the hotel still provides an evening meal for 15euros adults 10 euro child . no-one ever has to walk to the village if they dont want to although it is an interesting little town totally uncommercialized .barely any traffic and the locals couldnt be more welcoming .we didnt use the kids clubs but all age groups seem to have a ball ... all water bound activities are very well organized as is the tuition ...the apartments are spacious and v.clean . couldnt fault this holiday cant wait to go back .......

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

Just returned from an amazing time at Aeolian Village! Transfer was long which we knew (just over 2 hours) however didn't quite realise the roads would be as twisty which isn't good if you suffer travel sickness. However, if you can manage to grin and bear the transfer then your in for a treat! Stayed in Lemnos last year with Neilson and this compared just as well. Clean, inviting accommodation, gorgeous food - well done George, head chef, he was more than happy to accommodate any special dietry requirements. We opted for rooms in the main building, great location occassional noise in corridors but nothing to loose sleep over. Staff were just fantastic, all know their stuff, good quality equipment. Town an approximate 10 minute walk, good selection of restaurants, bars and supermarkets. Can't comment on Spa or Childrens facilities as we didn't use them however from what I saw with the kid's club, I only wish they had those when I was small, my mom & dad wouldn't have seen me for a week! We met all groups of ages at this hotel along with solo travellers and everyone seemed to be having a great time! Overall an excellent holiday, would highly recommend from young to old and all in between! Enjoy x

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 7 in Skala Kallonis
Viva Mare Hotel
Viva Mare Hotel
#1 of 6 in Eftalou

Been to Neilson Aeolian Village Beachclub? Share your experiences!