“good starter to explore island”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Erato Hotel

Erato Hotel
leicester
“good starter to explore island”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

hotel has easy access to view the island only twenty minutes from airport to hotel. the hotel is very clean but small and friendley,rooms cleaned daily,as is towels and sheets tv is limted for english programs.nico and maria plus vangellis very helpfull for your needs,but the hotel is not for any disabled people,or anybody with mobility problems.

Room Tip: first floor rooms from no 1
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bladerunnerleicester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

When booking my recent holiday I wanted a family run establishment, with traditional Greek food. I made the right choice with the Hotel Erato. My room was really nice, the family are lovely and always find time to chat, nothing was too much trouble, the food was amazing and I made some great new friends. The Greek dancing etc. was great fun too.

There are sandy beaches about a 10 minute stroll where there are free sun beds / parasols (as there are at the hotel), I enjoyed walking down to Kokkini Chani for a bit of jewellery shopping (there are many other shops too :o) It is a short transfer time to the hotel and there are buses to pretty much anywhere, which make it easy to get around the island.

A great holiday.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank seaharmonious
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We traveled outside the session and enjoy tranquility, hospitality and individual way on every holiday specifically a go! It was a dream and today we are happy to remember back :) its 2 years ago...
The perfect hotel for individual! Who want to explore the island by car! For a hotel vacation might be too small, but for us it was perfect!
We will definitely come back! , Look Maybe in two years but we do we are already :)
Nikos is the best man for all ;) ask him what ever you want, he know the best places to be and his Cocktails are dreamfull!! Iam looking forward to see him and his family again!!

• Stayed May 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Me and my friends have spent one week at Hotel Erato this summer. From the moment we arrived until the moment we went back home we felt welcome. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Our rooms were always clean and in a very good state. There was nothing to complain about. For breakfast and dinner we had a buffet, which served many different and delicious dished. There was something for every taste.

The hotel is next to a bus station, so it is very easy to make day trips, even without a car. There is also a beach quite close by, so it is possible to walk there.

The atmosphere in Hotel Erato was very friendly, especially the greek evening was a night to remember! Hotel Erato has many returning customers. My friends and me would also love to spend more time there. Overall I can recommend this Hotel, it made our stay in Greece even better!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank KathiNess
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Since I was a child my parents and my sisters went with me to this hotel. I really enjoy this time in the hotel because the family leaded business is friendly and you can easily get to know new people.
My favorite days were tuesday and thursday because on tuesday were a pool party. As a child I often dreamed of go swimming in the night and this year was the first time I could do that.
On thursdays there is a greek evening where you can learn Sirtaki, the most famous dance from greek, and have some fun with live music.
The food is always typical greek and it tastes very well.
The sand beach is only a fifteen-minutes walk away where you can get sun beds for small prises. I think about 8 Euro per day for two bed plus umbrella. (Sometimes we payed more than 20 Euro)

I've been to many different countries and different hotel (also on Crete) and I only can recommend this hotel because it's one of the best hotels I've ever been. If my parents asks me where to go my first answer is Erato because I just enjoy these days in this very familiar hotel and with the persons I know for ages.

Thanks for all over the years. Thanks to Maria who was always like a second mum for me!
See you next year,
Maria's little catastophe :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hannah S
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We very enjoyed the time at hotel erato in gournes. Especially the greek evening every thursday has been a great experience for us. We learned to dance the sirtaki and learned to know the rest of the people in the hotel. The service (mainly this is maria and nikos) was available all over the time and was everytime very nice to us. The rooms were clean to 100%.all in all it was a perfect holiday.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank carry1306
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We like to remind you the wonderful days in the Erato. The friendly and family atmosphere of the hotel was very good and we had nice contacts. The food was delicious and also service very very good. We had everything, which we needed, in order to recover, the rental car, the excursion destination, the nuts for glass of beer, new towels every two days the, umbrella or book can you take it for the beach. About 750 m long way is very good beach!!! Especially recommendable was the competence. Adam, his family and especially all the staff. We want repeat this holiday!

Room Tip: Room 30- family room on garden side.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Central Hersonissos Hotel
Central Hersonissos Hotel
#34 of 174 in Hersonissos
Kri Kri Village Holiday Apartments
Kri Kri Village Holiday Apartmen...
#3 of 8 in Gournes Pediados
Knossos Beach Bungalows & Suites
MariRena Hotel
MariRena Hotel
#13 of 32 in Amoudara

Been to Erato Hotel? Share your experiences!