Just returned yesterday after a week at this hotel. Staff were excellent The room was mediocre - clean but very basic with no toiletries other than some liquid soap positioned in such a peculiar place that it was impossible to reach whilst having a shower! Television a 14 inch portable with only BBC world service to watch. Pool was nice and never crowded but was spoilt most of the time by the extremely loud music played at the poolside. All entertainment was in French. As our room overlooked the pool there was no escaping the noise! For our evening meal we had to go to the 'bigger, posher' hotel across the road. There, the lighting was not very atmospheric - too bright- but the food wasn't at all bad for an all inclusive.The beach is awful - just gravel, not even shingle. Our biggest gripe was that we were the only English people in the Hotel. No Union Jack flying outside the hotel with all the other national flags. One of the waiters praised us on our English pronunciation and when he realized where we had come fro was quite excited to be able to speak 'proper' English. It therefore felt quite lonely and I wouldn't recommend any other UK people to go there. A reasonably nice place but not for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- - An Oasis Of Serenity - Warm Greek Hospitality - Endless Beaches - Unforgettable Mediterranean Flavors - Impressive Sunsets - All Inclusive ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunshine Crete Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Vacation Club Crete Hotel Ierapetra
- Sunshine Vacation Hotel Crete
- Sunshine Crete Beach Koutsounari