Alpha Stegna Sun
  • Restaurant
US$185
US$166
Hotels.com
SunConnect Kolymbia Star(Kolimbia)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$86
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbeautiful gardenlovely placethe ownersmall townkeep in mindrooms are smallrock shoesgreek coffeefew stepsperfect locationcoffee makerlocal foodperfect stayplaces to visitwell equipped kitchenclean beachnext year
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stegna Beach is a small village laying on a nice beach.
You can just enjoy the village or you can use it as a base to visit Rhodes Island.
Tino and Maria, the owners of Alpha Stegna Sun, are lovely people.
It is clear that the hospitality comes form the heart.
My wife and me strongly recommend this site to anybody would find a relaxing and friendly environment.

Room Tip: Ground floor. In front of the garden.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Leonardo C
Reviewed 17 December 2013

To exclude issues with the hot water, everything met our expectations, clean, good location, nice hospitality, quiet shaded place.
In a short walking distance from the see line and still away from the croud

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 September 2013

It's definitely the best place in Stegna. Especially if you travel with a child. Because as I know it's the only aparthotel with a garden, So you can spend your time in the shadow of the trees when it's very hot at the beach.
There's a well equiped kitchen.There's everything you need: a lot of dishes, casseroles, pans etc.
The rooms are small but very clean.
But the main merit of this place-it's his owners, Kostas and Maria are very hospitable. Kostas speaks English very well, Maris doesn't. But they both try to make this place a home for you. Kostas gave us grapes from his garden, once he gave us figs. They were delicious, and we tried to find them at any shop, but we couldn't. I told Kostas about that and Kostas brang us a big plate of figs in a few days.He told that he asked his friend to cut some figs from his garden for us.It was very pleasant!! So I'd like to thank Kostas and Maria for their hospitality!!
PS The beach is very close, about 200 m. It's important!
PPS The a'c is included in the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I was looking for a holiday on my own to totally chill out and relax...but to feel safe, that someone would be looking out for me...a place where I could wander down to the beach easily, eat locally on my own, and an apartment that was spotless, safe, friendly with good facilities.

Alpha Stegna Sun is run by Kostas and his wife Maria - genuinely the most lovely people you will ever find - they treated me so well and made me feel totally at ease and safe. The apartments are really clean, with bedlinen and towels changed mid week, air conditioning, a ceiling fan, a small fridge to keep drinks and food, a kitchen for all to use if required. The garden is beautiful - plenty of places to sit and relax, have breakfast or a drink, surrounded by vines full of grapes, lime trees, an amazing cactus called Queen of the Night (which blooms at 9.30 pm night - stunning) - yes a little oasis for sure!

The local restaurants are excellent - very friendly. The nearest beach is 2 minutes walk. The nearest shop also 2 minutes walk. The beach is pebbly so bring shoes to get in the water. Don't forget your snorkel as I saw some 10-15 different kinds of fish right on the shoreline.

I'm just trying to work out when I can go back now!! Been telling everyone I know how great this place is. Tell Kostas 'Michelle' recommended a visit to his apartments. Highly recommended :0)

Room Tip: If you like a balcony and a view ask to go upstairs, if you prefer a cooler location and a garden then ask for downstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank WindsorGirl321
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Have been there for one week in July, 2013. I loved my stay at ALPHA STEGNA SUN.
The rooms are cosy and very clean.
The garden has a few spots for relaxation and eating - like in the oasis. There you can hide from the sun. The beach in a few steps from the doors of your room.

I agree with all comments here about Kostas and Maria hospitality, sincerity and helpfulness. It is really truth... even more. Kostas helped me with repairing of my slippers. Thanks so much!

Hope to have the chance to return at ALPHA STEGNA SUN very, very soon.

Dear travellers, you will not be disappointed, if choose this place for staying! I' m sure.

Also recommend:
1) visit one of the best tavern "Knights Castle" (delicious food and very welcoming owners) opposite the ALPHA STEGNA SUN,
2) wake up early and see the sunrise.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo