My fiancé and I stayed here for 4nights from Oct 14th. Total simplicity to get to from the airport as its so close. We had requested a high floor and paid for a sea view. Our original room was on the second floor and although had a sea view it was only from one side of the balcony. I spoke to reception immediately and after a swift phone call was told we would be moved to a higher floor the next day as the hotel was currently full. I appreciated the swift action and they even told us to continue with our plans for the day and they would move all our luggage for us. We were moved to a room on the fourth floor with a fabulous view.
We had read a few reviews that were a bit negative however we found the hotel to be full of charm with excellent staff and although a bit dated in places this didn't impact on our enjoyment of the facilities. The sun loungers around the pool area were very comfortable and the pool bar was handy and very reasonably priced. We also used the private beach enjoying the lovely views in the lift on the way down to the beach.
The restaurant had some themed nights and provided a good selection of food every evening with lots of variety. We were very lucky with the entertainment as a group of Swedish golfers were in the hotel and had brought along their own band! The Kefi bar was vibrant every night thanks to the band and their very supportive entourage. Well priced cocktails were available in the bar and the staff coped brilliantly when it was particularly busy.
I think some of the reviews are harsh as we found it excellent value for money. It is very close to the airport but we were never really disturbed by the flights whilst lounging by the pool the only down side being it reminded us we would have to leave that haven of relaxation.
We didn't visit the town as we were only there for a few days to get a base tan before our main holiday but enjoyed it so much we have booked to return in April for a week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni