First, I must agree with the other reviewers who think this hotel is not a five star. The golden days seems to be over. Nice and welcoming, but do not expect luxury. With that said, I would return to this hotel.
Location: The hotel is situated in a quiet and beautiful location. From the airport or to the Corfu city centre we took a taxi - about 5-10 min. A few great restaurant/taverna choices for lunch or dinner near the hotel. The view from our balcony was lovely, and we sat there for hours every day. (Be sure to book a sea view room).
Facilities: The hotel is not a family resort, we hardly saw any kids, which we prefer because it's quieter. The airport is very close, and we did hear some noise and saw the airplanes landed, but we did not find it very disturbing. (It’s a small airport). The hotel has a large pool, all the sunbeds were taken as always in these kind of hotels. So, we did not use the pool, but took the hotels private outdoor elevator to the beach instead. Excellent, we used the small but lovely beach area every day! Tip: The hotel shop is very expensive, if you go down the street about 3-400 meters you will find a supermarket.
Restaurant/bar: We had breakfast and dinner included in our stay. We did not try the breakfast, but we actually ate dinner at the hotel buffet six out of seven days because we truly loved the food. Fresh, tasty and varied food every day. After dinner we went upstairs to the hotel bar (with reasonable prices) , a nice place to relax and to be humored by the entertainment - a new guy with a keyboard every night- all of them with poor English skills.
Rooms: Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. A bit dated decor, but not that bad. Spacious balcony.
Staff: Friendly and professional.
Overall: Good value for money. Corfu is a nice island; we especially liked the old town in Corfu city. We had a wonderful, relaxing holiday and we enjoyed this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni