Nothing changed since the opening in 1976! Maybe it was a nice Hotel back then, but today not any more. The staff is not friendly, the food horrible and the same every day. Based on other reviews, some people seem to like the Hotel. I hated it and never have had worse ever for that price. But the worst of all is the outrageous noise all the time.
Its very far from the city and everything you wanna see. The area is more the slum/living area for the workers. It is super close to the airport which means you can see and HEAR every plane starting, almost every 15 min from the morning till late at night.
Pretty dirty rooms. Garbage from previous guests and the mold are unacceptable. The bungalow we booked stinked, literally stinked and was very damp and without light. The dirty cushions even spoiled sitting outside in the tiny "garden". We got a new room (worse category) but it smelled a little too and was very noisy. There was even mold in some darker areas of the hotel. The pool was not clean 3 out of 4 days.
The hotel beach is a joke. Pretty small and dirty water. I almost screamed at someone when I saw that I should pay 8€ for a sub bed. Better go to one of the great beaches of corfu like Agios Georgios/Gordis.
The noise in the hotel is unbearable. Based on the location on a hill next to the airport you hear and see every plane that starts or lands, and believe me it is SUPER LOUD and every 15 minutes Day AND Night. I even heard it with earplugs. I never really slept well. Also the hotel is also very loud, old doors have to get slammed shut by the guests and with the thin walls you here everything. And as if that is not enough, there is very loud live music every day.
Is nice and the only thing I liked. BUT it was only clean one day, the others I would have liked it much more without the leaves.
Please do not be fooled by the nice photos of that place. There is always a reason why they are made from very far or with a cocktail that's super close with blurry background (I never saw a cocktail that nice as well in the hotel).
I found them not very nice an rather unhelpful. I seemed not the only one, every time I was at the counter I overheard someone else complaining as well. The absolute highlight of the trip was me asking for a better room, which was answered with "I have to ask". The guy took up a phone, waited, didnt say anything to anyone, lay down the phone and said: "Sorry we are completely booked". I was so shocked I couldn't even return anything. Some other things "Can you refer to a good restaurant? She: No sorry, I just work here for a week" "How much is a cap to the city? She: Around 15€" Every cap we took was 10€. How can a staff be so uninformed.
There are around 30 different Wireless networks. Almost none of them work. If you get connection it is frustratingly slow, after a few minutes you are probably dropped. The last two days we had no internet at all. Informing the staff changed nothing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Prestigia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni