After reading ALL of the negative reviews; as one does on this site, I was more than a little apprehensive about coming to this hotel for a family holiday. However, I'd already booked it, so Ooops too late now!
However, I have to say to those people who slagged it off - I'm sorry, but I don't really know what your problem is.
For someone who travels a lot with work, I am used to staying in some glorious places and some that are not so much.
The CHP is a little dated and tbh honest, I think that is part if the charm. The wifi sucks, but not having access to my work email is a blessing, as I can spend time relaxing and enjoying time with my family for once, without constantly checking my inbox.
The low flying planes are not bothersome at all if you stay on the 'seaside' part if the hotel and in fact, my 2yr old son loves watching them come in to land.
We are staying in a Ionian suite with a private pool and this is a great way to finish off the day after spending the rest of the day at the private beach with its crystal clear sea. Yes, you have to pay for beds and a shade, but where don't you nowadays?
The food is fine. It's not Michelin starred, but good enough considering the cost.
Some people have moaned about the batman George, but I have found him to be polite and efficient, although the process for ordering drinks is a bit bizarre, with one girl permanently attached to a computer to print off the receipts instead of using her to pour them, which would have sped up the service, but this is Greece and if you come with an open mind and a relaxed attitude (which btw I am not known for) you will have a good time.
In fact i am writing this while still here, drinking a beer served by George listening to "now that's what I call music 1985" lol, which is kind of the theme of the place.
If you don't want the above then don't come. If you come after reading this, then don't moan about it. It's perfectly relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni