Hotel Emerald
Hotel Fedra(Golden Beach)
  • Beachfront
Ioannis Hotel(Chrissi Ammoudia)
  • Pool
Princess Golden Beach(Golden Beach)
Studios Marina(Golden Beach)
  • Pool
Nostos Studios(Golden Beach)
Dionysos(Golden Beach)
View Hotel
Island View Villa(Golden Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewssteep hillpool barsmaragdi ii studiosgolden beachthe ownerhired a carboth sidesrooms are basiclove this placewingslate august early septemberbakery vantypical greekscreaming kidscrockery and cutlerylovely viewair con
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I booked the Emerald again with Costas & Katerina as have been coming back here for many years now.

They booked my favourite room for me again with spectacular views (all have a view of the bay/sea etc) and welcomed me with open arms and treated me as one of the family again. This is a very special place to visit and I just love spending days by the pool & bar where they do lovely cool drinks, coffees/frappes (the best on the island!!!), toasties, ice creams etc. Just what you want when you are sunbathing, reading your book and wanting a nice relaxing holiday. Nine times out of ten I had the pool to myself so it was just so lovely - I want to go back there now! The beach is a 5-10 minute walk down the hill and there are local tavernas and bars to choose from for lunch or dinner. 2 x supermarkets in either direction down the hill, again about 10 minutes walk away. Potos car rental at the bottom of the hill - great deals to be had and worth hiring for a trip or two around the island to see the sights.

The ground of the hotel are so pretty with all the marble footpaths, olive trees and flowers - great care is given to the gardens and upkeep. I love seeing all the veggies they are growing too!

This is the perfect place to stay whether you are a couple, family, group of friends or a single traveller like me. I'll be booking again as soon as I possibly can so that I can have another 2 weeks with my lovely friends at the Emerald Hotel in Golden Beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We decided to stay at Smaragdi 2 instead of the Emerald which we stayed at in 2011. The Studios were a typical Greek "basic" as we expected, very clean and well maintained and yet again a superb view!! Costas and Katerina the owners again met us with a very warm welcome. Yes there is a hill to the apartments, but it is short and you can be down to the lovely golden sands of golden sands beach in 5 minutes. We did find that although going a week later this time round, one the weather was more changeable and 2 it was so quiet. This was such a shame especially for the lovely people of thassos as everywhere around the island we went they said, it was a slow start and they were looking forward to seeing the tourists. We don't normally visit the same place twice but decided to go back to try things we couldn't on first trip. Would highly recommend the Zeus boat trip on Friday at Golden Beach 10am, the owner is vey hospitable, we got a lovely coffee on stepping onto the boat, stopped to try some fishing, went to a lovely cove to swim and then a massive bbq!! then we went to a wonderful little beach only access by boat unless your a local and know it is there! If you havent been yet do go and visit golden beach if you want a relaxing holiday with lovely friendly locals and the food and drink is so cheap here. Enjoy

Room Tip: All romms have a great view, higher the better
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank caz34_12
Reviewed 2 June 2013

stayed here for 2 weeks in may 2013. I e mailed the hotel in advance and asked for a top floor room in the corner if possible....and that's exactly what I got...excellent.the owners are great./..very welcoming and friendly. the room are typically greek studios. kettle...2 ring electric cooker...basic pots/pans/utensils etc.. sheets and towels changed twice a week. room is clean and shower was good. no compalints at all...just whay I expected.
but the hill up to the hotel is a real killer...but the reward is the stunning view you get of the bay.

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alanaspinall33
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This part of Thassos is unspoilt, quiet and still relatively rural. The beach is sandy and spacious and the water shallow.This self catering hotel is excellent. The view from the room is magnificent. The rooms are small but bright and uncluttered. The owners Kostas and Katerina are very hospitable, generous and friendly. The steep walk up the hill is great exercise but requires a degree of fitness. It is therefore unsuitable for the elderly and people with poor exercise tolerance. All in all a great experience and good value for money.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have separate balconies.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2012

The best about this hotel is the stunning view, that you get if you are lucky enough to get the top floor apartment.
The top floor rooms are wormer then the ones at the bottom, which was really important in May, have separate balcony and fantastic view from the room.
The rooms on the first floor had all joined terrace, which gave some opportunities for socializing, but were at the same time too intimidating for us. Also the view on the first floor is nice from the terrace, but you can't see much from the room directly. Apart from that the rooms at the first floor were in the shade all the very cold to sleep in. Maybe they are great for summer, but for May only top floor rooms are the good choice.
The hill is a bit steep, but this is the price you pay for the view. It was not a problem for us.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple