“Fantastic Holiday”

Margarita Apartments
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Ipsos
Reviewed 6 June 2014

What a great stay we had at the Margarita. Nothing can be faulted. The room was clean and tidy. The pool bar / restaurant served fantastic food and drinks at great prices! The pool area and gardens were immaculate with lemon, orange and cumquat trees growing all over.
The staff were all great. Chris, Dimitri, Tracy and Kate couldn't do enough for us.
Don't believe the negative reviews.THE MARGARITA IS A LITTLE GEM!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a higher room for beautiful views of the mountains and forests!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leeds4

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Would have no hesitaition in recommending Margarita Appts.Clean,well run and in a stunning location.
Both Christ and Demitri were very welcoming and very helpful.
Would love to go back(for the homemade wine if nothing else!)

Room Tip: Great views from top floor rooms.
1  Thank Eleanor H
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This liitle hidden Gem is amazing the facilities are great the staff and service are second to none, the food is home cooked and amazing, with good fair prices to match the pool area has the sun all day and the view is amazing. from the time you arrive to the moment you leave you will feel part of the family.

Room Tip: all the rooms are very similar but if you have trouble with to many steps ask for a first floor room...
5  Thank BarrywLynch1684
Reviewed 16 May 2014

we have just got back from margaritas it was fantastic the food dora cooked for us was amazing and dimitris chris and tracy were great we wish dimitris and tracy all best with their wonderfull family and we cannot wait to be back there next year with our family dave margret hall

1  Thank TYDDYNIGIN
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Well ! Firstly it is a long review but trust me it is in your interest to read it all please...
          Where do I start ? I like to be fair in my reviews and if you look at all my previous reviews you will see that I am just that ! I promised Dimitris that I would not give him a bad review and I won't because he deserves a terrible review solely because of the contemptuous  way he treats his most valuable assets , his customers !
However when it comes to this review I will be fair but totally honest which is more than I can say about Dimitris at the Margarita apartments at Kato Korakiana......
The apartments have basic facilities and the location of the apts and the view from the balcony is stunning ! Unfortunately the owners and treatment given are not !
I have been visiting Greece for 41 years and consider myself a seasoned traveller and have only ever once given a negative review about a hotel or appt owner .This is it !
so please read carefully and compare my review with the other negative reviews regarding the owners of this establishment and judge for yourself ! The evidence is on video to follow !

Firstly I must say that Dimitris did come to pick us up when we could not find the place and he did help us in with our cases as I am getting on in years,  But that is when the niceties stopped ! Remember that old adage ,Beware of Greeks bearing gifts ? He offered us a choice of two rooms ( I had requested a room higher up)
The first room was on the ground level,I then asked if I could see the other room ,he politely said yes and took me up to the first floor and said this room would be more private,

It had two singles so I said fine we will take this one.
After an hourand a half unpacking and arranging everything as we wanted it to be, I went downstairs to ask Dimitris about supermarkets etc but before I had a chance to ask anything he said he had something to tell me.....! He then proceeded to tell me that as I had chosen a "private" room I would have to pay more ! WHAT ! ....an extra 5 euros a night ,over 14 nights an extra 70 euros ! Totally outrageous as it had not said anywhere at all even on all their other booking sites about upper rooms being subject to any extra charges !
No mention of an extra charge at all prior to me unpacking and he deliberately waited until I had unpacked to spring this on me !  The hotel was almost empty anyway and was only opened for the season two days earlier !
I told him categorically that there was no way I was going to pay and also there was no way that I was going to leave the room either.........this was a very sneaky and dishonest way to attempt to extract money from unsuspecting customers.......we did have a bit of a "discussion" where he totally refused to see how he was wrong ! Well he would wouldn't he .
! If We had been told before we had unpacked and accepted this room , we would have picked the first one !
Ok now for the second gripe ! Self catering ? Well not really ! Yes it did have plates knives etc etc and a frying pan,nice pots ...but something was missing.....yep you guessed it ..cooking utensils ..ie..spatula ,large spoon, in fact all the things that you need to use when you fry boil etc.....I checked with the other two guests close by and they both said the same..no utensils ! The frying pan was spotless and the other pots looked as they had never been used ! I wonder why ?
I could not understand why ? After all how can you self cater when you don't have the basic tools to self cater............we should certainly not have to supply them ourselves !
But I thought I would give them the benefit and simply ask them and suggest that there was an oversight ! Dimitris was not happy about this at all and very reluctantly went into his kitchen to see what bits of tat he could find ! And tat it was ! A used small wooden spatula and small wooden fork ! His partner Tracey who's attitude was extremely cold and rude told me "they don"t put them in the rooms as people steal them ! As if anyone would take old used kitchen tools home ! The truth is that they deliberately don't put them in the rooms at all simply because they want you to use their restaurant ! And that is the bottom line here at Fawlty Margarita ! When I asked Dimitris how I could get say , boiling potatoes out of a pot, he told me "use a fork" can you imagine getting say chips out of a pot one chip at a time ! Not to mention health and safety with boiling scalding oil ! WiFi is only available in the restaurant bar area and we felt very uncomfortable being there with the greedy rude management who blank everyone who does not use their facilities !
After only three nights there being ignored and generally feeling very uncomfortable we decided to cut our losses and leave, which of course was going to cost us much more as we would literally paid for our holiday twice...but it was worth it to get away from this poor treatment of guests and the owners obsession of extracting cash from guests on each and every occasion...It was our wedding anniversary and we were going to enjoy it it ! Supporting photos and videos to follow.......I must add that Dimitris father Chris did know how to behave and appeared shocked when we told him we were leaving.....
If you do read this Dimitris please don't bother answering with a pathetic excuse because you know that I am not the only guest that has found you to be this way !
So if you want to self cater and/or choose not to go to their restaurant..give it a miss ! On the other hand if you are happy not self catering and are happy to use their restaurant and bar I am sure you will not be disappointed ! Tip ! Read all of the other 7 negative reviews !

Room Tip: Higher floor BUT be aware hidden charge not mentioned on any travel sites until you have unpacked an...
23  Thank speedypete07
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Me and my friend decided to go away for 7 days (August 2013) to enjoy to sun and relax. When we first arrived, it was lovely - the staff were very friendly and made you feel welcome. The food was nice, but there wasn't too much to choose from - a bit standard (that is what you pay for). The rooms were, again, standard - but nice. I felt comfortable and the room was cleaned every morning (we arrived back to fresh towels, beds made and sometimes the washing up was done). The pool was lovely, great size and it was a beautiful setting, with a great view. It was also nice to have the bar/seating area close to the pool. The walk to the beach/shops is a lot lot longer than advertised! Very long and tiring in that heat, wouldn't recommend if you have trouble walking or injuries. The closest beach was often covered in young teens who came for the Ipsos night life, but there are other beaches around, boat trips and other lovely things you can do. We hired a boat which was amazing! and not even too expensive. Me and my friend spent a lot of money for drinks and food at the bar, then as soon as we went out for a meal with 2 others at the hotel - everything changed. we were not treated as nicely, the staff became very rude and it felt uncomfortable to be down there at times. On the last day, the people who we had made friends with said we could leave our stuff in their bedroom and could use the shower if we wanted to go in the pool on our last day. The staff did not like this one bit, they shouted in our faces, pulled our luggage around and said we would get thrown out. It was all very aggressive and abrupt for something so simple? . There was also a lot of favoritism with local visitors in the area who didn't stay, just used the pool (have a villa or apartment somewhere i imagine) In addition, we were never any trouble - weren't loud or didn't stay up or come in too late, but weren't treated with the same respect we gave them.

All in all, a great start to the week that turned very sour! Pool and surroundings were lovely, but staff felt very greedy and fake. Very, very very long walk to the beach and shops which wasn't nice. As always, you get what you pay for but i would not choose to stay here again.

Thanks for reading :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
14  Thank Megan B
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

This Family owned self catering apartments are a very good standard throughout for hygiene and presentation. The food and drink are very low in prise and are very good portion size. Over all this will be the place we will recommend to others who are traveling to Corfu and the place we stay on our next trip. Overall second to none.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pitsy22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipsos
Hotel Yannis Corfu
Bella Vista Hotel & Studios
Art Hotel Debono
Art Hotel Debono
#1 of 17 in Gouvia

Been to Margarita Apartments? Share your experiences!