This was our 4th visit in two years to this hotel which should speak volumes in itself. We've stayed in May/June with our two children and September/October just the two of us. We've also recommended this hotel to friends who have stayed and also loved it. We adore this hotel for so many reasons:-
1. The location. The views are amazing and the grounds of the hotel are beautifully maintained. The nearest towns (Kassiopi and Acharavi) are only a shuttle bus away or there is bike hire for the energetic or car hire for the less energetic.
2. The rooms. We've been lucky enough to stay in the Miss Moneypenny block on three occasions and this has uninterrupted views of the sea and the mountains of Albania. These rooms have 5 beds, 3 sofa beds in the lounge area and twin beds in the main bedroom. Huge, clean with a massive balcony.
3. The food and drink. There is an abundance of food and even the fussiest eater shouldn't be able to complain. Salads, fruit, meats, veg, chips, puddings, ice cream. We ate at the main restaurant each time but there is also lunchtime food by the pool bar and a la carte there once a week (must be booked at reception). All three meal times are varied each time. The one thing I would say is the central island in the main restaurant does get very congested at busy times and because it's circular the start/end of the queue is hard to find.
The all inclusive drinks are excellent and although it says in busy times a 2 drink per customer rule is enforced it never was when we were there. Apricot Cooler and Gin Fizz were two of my favourite cocktails and the wine and beer are good too.
4. The entertainment. Having been earlier in the year we'd met some of the animation team on our previous visit and it was like catching up with friends. Gill, Rico, Ebo and Tommy do a fantastic job at entertaining everybody, young or not so young. Every time we've visited we've got involved with everything on offer. It's a great way to meet people. In the daytime there's darts, volleyball, boules, water polo, football, ping pong and at night there are either shows performed by the animation team (Mr Mareblue, Fakir show, karaoke, dance party etc.) or performers brought in (musical duo, magic show, Greek night). There really is something for everybody. I also won the darts and the karaoke which was an unexpected bonus! We also went on a trip to Club Versus in Acharavi with the animation team. The minibus leaves the hotel at midnight and returns at 3am twice a week. It was so much fun!
5. The people. Having returned to this hotel several times now it really is like coming to our second home, but it isn't just the warm welcome from the staff that makes us want to come back it's the other holidaymakers. This hotel has such a special ambience about it everyone we've met have been so friendly, laid back, full of fun, keen to interact etc. We always make so many friends and I'm missing them already!
It was another wonderful week at the Mareblue and I want to thank everyone who made it so special. I have so many memories I'm going to hold on to and I can't wait to visit again next year!
If you want particulars about where things are etc. read my three other reviews on the hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mareblue Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mareblue Beach Hotel Agios Spyridonas
- Hotel Escape Blue Bay
- Mareblue Beach Resort Corfu, Greece