Hotels.com
Go to your Happy Price
Lynnette
Stunning location
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Oct 2020
As others have said ignore the negative comments. This hotel is set in a stunning location in very attractive grounds. The staff were doing their best to enforce Covid safety measures but you will always get those who refuse to comply putting other guests and the staff who are putting their own health on the line at risk. Some Brits are an embarrassment. The food was excellent with different choices everyday. There was everything you could ask for at breakfast. Unlike many restaurants abroad where all the food tastes the same - definitely not here. The A la Carte restaurant was outstanding and I would recommend you take up the offer of one free meal in there. You need to book on day one as it gets fully booked.
Yes the mosquitoes and wasps were a bit of a problem but what can you expect the hotel to do about that? It’s nature. I had read the reviews so went prepared with a reputable make of plug in for the room and a good spray for me. These measures worked well provided you used the spray EVERY TIME you went out of your room. Don’t buy the local deterrents - take your own. It is fairly isolated but there are walks around if you look for them. I found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. My friend and I had a very enjoyable time and would definitely go back.
Livingroom
Pool
3.6 miles from Mareblue Beach Resort
View more hotels in Agios Spyridonas
3,720 results
All reviews pyramid bar james bond animation team pool bar nature reserve main pool family pool a la carte adult pool relax pool all inclusive drinks mini market corfu town miss moneypenny plastic cups albanian mountains private transfer
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 October 2020

We booked this hotel in a hurry as Corfu was one of the few remaining locations available to us. What a mistake! The hotel was crammed with families who would usually go on package deals to Turkey. This meant eating in a huge, echo chamber of a restaurant where the food was of poor quality due to the feeding of the five thousand. The tiny box room felt like a prison cell - we’d paid for a sea view which we just about got although you wouldn’t want to sit on the balcony as there was zero privacy. We had two nights of sleeping on a bed so hard, being bitten by mosquitoes and woken in the middle of the night by drunken lads fighting ( due to the booze being free, they made the most of it). The free booze included the most vile wine I’ve ever tasted; we should have been paid to drink it. Thankfully Jet2.com were wonderful and moved us - we can’t fault them and would use them again.
Our advice, don’t use this hotel if you like comfort, tranquility or good food!

2  Thank Leonakenbates
Reviewed 20 October 2020 via mobile

STILL HERE WISH I WAS HOME! The place is vile. Everything breaks door handle, shower flooding, toilet don’t flush, can’t even get the plug out the sink! Just to start off with! Towels don’t get changed, beds get made but not changed same sheets same towels!! You have to ask for your room to be cleaned and then they laugh and say it has been cleaned any excuse for them to do anything is hard work! I bought souvenirs to take home, went down to the pool came back! THERE GONE! Absolute joke! You tell them at reception they don’t care, you ask to speak to the manager, who doesn’t seem to exist! Money grabbing B*****ds! Then there’s the food! Writing this makes me want to be sick in my mouth it’s that bad.. all the meat is in some weird vinega gravy, meat is dry and tough as anything! Kids choices wow! If all you want to feed them is chips! Oh sorry chicken nuggets which are definitely NOT CHICKEN! Went to the al a carte restaurant! Served my son raw chicken! I can not believe this is a 4+ hotel! In my eyes this place shouldn’t even be open! Mosquitoes EVERYWHERE! Swarms of them! BED BUGS!!! My daughter and sister have been ate alive while they sleep.. and the hotel staff say prove it.. how about the blood stains under the sheets on the mattress! Can not believe what we paid for this mess of a hotel!! WILL NEVER BE COMING BACK!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank truth2579
Reviewed 20 October 2020 via mobile

Booked here after several other holidays were cancelled due to Covid. Stayed 11 nights and had a lovely relaxed time. Covid safety precautions in place which we found great, lovely room and amazing views of the Albanian Mountains.
Mosquitoes are an issue, but if you take precautions you will be fine. Take Deet and you won’t have a problem.
Staff excellent and very friendly even though they deal with very rude people with no manners.
Do your own homework,when I read other reviews from people who were here the same time as me, I think there is just no pleasing some people, a lot of people are coming here at the moment as they can’t go to other destinations, it wasn’t our first choice but in the present climate it was a luxury to be away.

3  Thank dacdlc
Reviewed 20 October 2020

I don’t normally write a review until I get home but I fear I may not make it back alive.

The Mareblue Beach Resort is a perfect eco-system where alcoholic wasps and blood thirsty mosquitoes live in complete harmony. By day the wasps throw themselves into your drinks, paddling in your beer and floating around in what clearly is their favourite.....gin and tonic. At night is where the fun really starts. The wasps depart to the nearby lake to sing their paralytic camp fire songs, trading places with the mosquitoes. They descend on the resort as dusk settles in to commence their feeding frenzy. The poolside bar is where they particularly enjoy a gastronomic buffet of Manc, Scouser and barbecued Geordie. I’ve read several reviews which catalogue the merits of various mosquito deterrents but believe me.....nothing works. The purchase of such deterrents and after bite fluid does however keep the local mini-mart in business and it’s proprietor highly amused.

I have tried on a number of occasions to get drunk but have failed miserably. The alcohol content is very child friendly. Yesterday I started drinking at 10.30am when the bar opened and left at 11pm at closing time very disappointed. I thought I saw a few people drunk but apparently they were just suffering an allergic reaction to multiple wasp stings.

The food is second to none. Probably due to the fact that there’s nothing to compare it to in the near vicinity. If you like pork you’re in for a treat. I was particularly inspired by the tinned hot dog sausages for breakfast.

The deluxe sea view bedroom we paid for is pleasantly basic. The drawers in the room smell as if something died in there......probably the previous guests. The en-suite would have been aptly called a wet room. When you put the shower on the entire bathroom got a good soaking. The safest place to stay dry was under the shower head. However, if you’re in a rush it does enable you to use the toilet and wash your hair at the same time.

The poolside entertainment, particularly for children is great. Each day they participate in a guess the number of bites competition. The local beach is also not devoid of entertainment. Yesterday we were treated to two local canines performing an impromptu and pretty frenetic sex show. There is also an on-site petting zoo consisting of four cats.

The securing of your sunbed is also a military operation. 5.30am seems to be the optimum time to get your choice of location. This is in part due to the fact that every child in the UK who has not gone back to school is here.

Needless to say I’ll not be back. I was planning on booking a week in Wales next year. I’m starting to rethink that already. There’s a particularly badly bitten Welsh family who are trying to stay here another week rather than go home.

5  Thank M5587WVneilm
Reviewed 20 October 2020

We visited for a week and while we enjoyed the company of our friends we did not enjoy our surroundings.
The hotel is overcrowded. The Covid precautions are good however it all goes to pot when you cram too many people into the hotel. Our first two days were OK but on the third day there were swarms of families and groups of lads coming down to the pool area. They were grabbing sunbeds from the piles at the far end of the pool and putting them wherever they felt like, zero social distancing. Our friends went to speak to management and were told that the hotel was running at 70% occupancy. I simply cannot believe that.
Food was repetitive and lukewarm at best. Mosquitoes ARE a big problem but the hotel makes no effort to help. The dining room is like a cattle market, greed is all around as well as unattended children. The lager is like water and the spirits are foul.
I'm afraid that the English really do let themselves down. There is nothing for kids to do but instead of bringing cards, colouring in stuff, games etc they allow their children to charge about all over the place while they sit drinking and smoking and not caring. The mess left around the pool area was embarrassing. We witnessed young men spitting over their balconies and parents swearing at their children.
Management was useless, seemed like they had given up and were just waiting for shut down. Reception were rude to our friends.
I have given two stars purely for the staff that had to deal with the onslaught and did it professionally and with smiles on their faces.

2  Thank ofcourse1207