We staid at Kontokali Bay in August 2014 sharing a Family Room with our kids aged 3 and 7. Overall we left with very mixed feelings and quite disappointed.
On the positive side you have a wonderfull setting in a splendid bay, nice gardens, a clean resort, two blue flagged beaches, a cristal clear see, a nice swimming pool. A very friendly staff. But in the end they are not really helpful when you are not satisfied "we understand your point of view, we will check what we can do", but no real result, compensation or action... See also the managers answers on tripadvisor. He is well aware of all the critics, but nothing is really done to try to fix them or to satisfy the clients who complain.
Some of the negative points, non exhausting list :
- the main disappointment was that the internet site and the presentation in catalogues give you the impression that you will be staying in quite established and luxurious 5 star hotel, but unfortunately the hotel lacks of any refinement. This is espacially true when it comes to the buffet restaurants which are 200 seaters and have a camping atmosphere. As the à la carte restaurants serves rather dull food for only a dozon tables, there is no real alternative in the resort
- a round trip to town in a taxi will cost you 30 euros at least, (we recommend having dinner at the sailing club restaurant), but including the ride this is an expensive alternative
- the rooms should rather be rated as a basic 3 stars hotel than the promised 5 stars
- the major letdown was the noise level in the family rooms due to the lack of isolation of the door of the rooms. You just cannot get any sleep before 1 a.m. and do not even think of sleeping longer than 7 a.m. or hope that your kids could take a nap in the afternoon, ... people crossing the corridor like they where going right through your bedroom, doors slamming because you cannot close them otherwise properly...
Spoiled holidays because of lack of sleep for the kids and the parents!
- no other services of an 4-5 star hotel like for instance, no nice decoration and no quality furniture of the rooms, no new towels in the evening, no quality bathroom products, no fresh flowers in all the hotel (Corfu, home of orchids), no seperate wc
- no beach towels available at the pool, you have to go down to the beach walking a while to get them an get back...
- deep swimming pool where there is no lifeguard ( neither at the beaches), not really suitable for small children, kidsclub with small pool on the very other side of the resort
Overall really overrated hotel in the catalogs. No nice atmosphere, no soul, rather sterile place after all, exept for the friendly staff.
Absolutely avoid family rooms, even if you find the price correct they are to expensive to get no rest and to come home suntanned, but exhausted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KONTOKALI BAY RESORT & SPA is a Hotel-Bungalow complex on the central eastern shoreline of the emerald Isle of Corfu, situated only 6 kms. from the island’s capital, Corfu Town. Built on a densely wooded peninsula and on a natural incline, the main building of the Kontokali Bay overlooks both the sparkling blue waters of the Ionian Sea that separates Corfu from the taupe, coastal mountains of the Greek mainland and the Gouvia Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, LoveHolidays, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kontokali Bay Hotel Kontokali
- Kontokali Bay Hotel Corfu
- Kontokali Bay Resort And Spa Corfu