We've stayed at Kontokali for 2 weeks in July with two kids (2,5 and 11 yo).
I truly recommend this hotel. It's very comfortable (even with the newborn you'll have everything you need). The staff is very helpful, everything is clean, food is very good. Private beaches are great, very cozy.
We booked the family room on the 1st floor. The room is very small, and the major problem was that you hear EVERYTHING which is going on in the corridor (even if you shut the second door in the room). As there're many children, shouting something and creating plenty of noise that was an obvious disadvantage.
Absence of load music and annoying animation during the day makes it ideal place to relax.
+ nice beach
+ very quiet (quiet musik and no animators)
+ great food (praws during the lunch are great!). Very good to hava the possibility of changing dinner for a lunch.
+ clean well-maintained area
+ nice A la Carte restaurant
+ stuff at the terrase during the lunch is great (Natasa personally!). And GREAT THANKS for the excellent birthday organized for our older daughter
+ well positioned for exploring the island. Corfu town very close
+ great to have the possibility of hiring a yacht to explore the island from the sea
+ clean and nice pool
+ live musik and magic show in the evening is fantastic
- of course, that's not the minus for the hotel itself, but we really didn't expect the bottle of chamagne flying almost on the head of our younger daughter when we're passing by the main building (on the way to the shop). Alex did his best - thanks- but the staff was not very eager to help at the beginning and later they just came to the rooms and asked (not checked!) if the guests used champagne from the minibar.
- the 0 and 1 floors sometimes have sort of smell in the corridor (smth wet+old) but when you get used to that you stop noticing it
- in the family room on the 1st floor you hear everything from the corridor
- we're also very dissappointed when our older daughter (who is used to the SPA for many years and knows how to behave in such places) was not allowed to the SPA complex. I think that it's not fare because even 30 yo man can annoy the guests and splash in the swimming pool. It doesn't depend on the age of the person but on his behavior.
- to my mind the rating is 4 out or 5 for value for money
But in general we had a great time and would be happy to recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KONTOKALI BAY RESORT & SPA is a Hotel-Bungalow complex on the central eastern shoreline of the emerald Isle of Corfu, situated only 6 kms. from the island’s capital, Corfu Town. Built on a densely wooded peninsula and on a natural incline, the main building of the Kontokali Bay overlooks both the sparkling blue waters of the Ionian Sea that separates Corfu from the taupe, coastal mountains of the Greek mainland and the Gouvia Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, HostelWorld, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kontokali Bay Hotel Kontokali
- Kontokali Bay Hotel Corfu
- Kontokali Bay Resort And Spa Corfu