Hotel Telesilla
Gouvia Hotel(Gouvia)
Louvre Hotel(Gouvia)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgouvia marinagreek dancingnothing is too much troublecorfu townthis family run hotelwine makinghome from homerooms are comfortableyear after yearpoolside restaurantlovely family runevery guestpool viewfantastic hotelmin walkair conditioningcar hire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Let's start from the beginning. Location isn't good. At all. There is nothing there to see or do. Nothing. You can rent a bike and go somewhere, but that's about it.
There is one small beach nearby but unfortunately very far from pretty...
Area isn't really nice either. A lot of abandoned building... just looks scary, or maybe not scary, but it ruins your holiday mood.
Hotel itself -- it's clean, must be said. But rooms are tiny. I mean... really tiny; I don't remember being in such a small room before. It was so small that there was nowhere to put 2 big and 2 small suitcases, so we kept them on the floor... and we had to jump over them, as there was not enough room on the floor.
You literally get half a meter around the bed and a square meter in the front of the bathroom. View? There is no view. Either pool or a road. None of these worth looking at.
There was an aircon in the room, but noisy as hell. But it was either that, or you boiling.
Staff friendly... they did want people to come back, that's for sure. In my humble opinion that was a bit too much, all the hugging and stuff... but that's my opinion. Old ladies liked it.
Food was okay... compared to the surroundings it was ok, as other places were just horrible :/
The fact that your bill for the same items would differ from day to day was not so ok... so if you're a stupid tourist who can't read Greek, you have a problem.
Now the best bit: please save yourself some money and don't go there if you're not an elderly person/couple. I'm not joking; everyone there was 50...60+. And they were having a lot of fun during 'Elvis night'. It was very depressing to us, but they had a lot of fun. All of them.
So maybe we just need to grow up to like it!
(We're 30).
The unfortunate bit is... all the opinions here are from seniors and we ended up in a place we didn't really enjoy :-(

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
17  Thank Marcin_Lu
TELESILLA, Owner at Hotel Telesilla, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Martin_Lu,
Although this is not a positive review, i would like to thank you for your time to write such a long detailed review about us.
Yes, we are sad to see any guest disappointed with their experience with us, but does this has to do with our services??
Not at all and here is what i mean:
LOCATION: I think that a "google earth map" can not lie, and it is included in our website (page location). Did we advertise ourselves as a party place? No. Kontokali is an area very close to Corfu Town and Corfu airport (10 minutes) which gives you an advantage to explore the island . Also, 2 minutes walk from Gouvia marina and 10 minutes walk from an organised sandy beach in front of a well known 5 star hotel. (The small beach in your description is a simple beach, used mostly by the locals). Locally you can find coffee shops, Bakery, laundrette, cash point, large super market, hospital, bus stops, family run restaurants / taverns. The walk in the marina by the sea, watching all the sailing boats in the blue and green Gouvia Bay, is amazing.
HOTEL: Thank you for the clean comment, as it is our number one rule. As for the size of the rooms, we have double rooms triple rooms and family rooms. The size starts from 15 square meters to 35 square meters and all rooms include a balcony. Is the pool view not worth looking at? Haven't you seen the photos on our website taken early this summer? And may i ask why non of this was discussed at the reception desk in order to offer you an alternative? Even your big suitcases could be stored as were in your way.
STAFF TOO FRIENDLY: Wow! what can I say about that, you are definitely not familiar with the term "Greek hospitality". It is well known that we, Mediterranean's, are enthusiastic, friendly and love hugging when welcoming our guests.
FOOD: Maybe my opinion about our food is not objective, but another 200 reviews below your, are? and other places are horrible? No, definitely not. Had problems with your bill? Why didn't you just say anything then? It is really offencive implying deception. We are definitely not this type of family or business. Many of our guests and their families return to our hotel every year which is testimony for the excellent personal service we are able to offer.
IN CONCLUSION: You unfortunately did not enjoy your holidays because you did not choose the destination to meet your needs, an XL hotel where you are just a room number, staff ignoring you, with fast food meals, average age 30 and party noise.
Elizabeth Filippa
Hotel Owner.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This year I was twice at Telesilla, two weeks in June and one week in September. I had a great time as always. I had my first visit in 1998, and I come back every year. Some of my friends ask me why I continue to visit this hotel, and I answer; I come because of the lovely family who run this place, I come back for the great food and I come back to meet friends. In September I brought a friend for her first time. When she came back she said; it was nice to meet the people I have heard so much about and feel their warm hospitality. Go there and enjoy the fantastic atmosphere, you will never regret. Telesilla I love you! See you next year :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anette1970
Reviewed 27 October 2013

went to telesilla sept2013 had fab time as we due. like going back home all family and friends.
weather very good food fab.every thing about this hotel is that you know each time you go back
you r going to have a fab time. you don't have to be young or old to go to this hotel as long as you
want to have a good time. this is the place to be you will want to go back time after time like we due.by the way we r in our late 60s and still feel young when we go back.booked for next year june and sept 2014 don't leave it 2 long before you u book as hotel is getting booked up.

Room Tip: if you can get a room by the pool
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Once again we had a brilliant time this is the 13th year running we have been made part of the telesilla family.We are always made welcome as soon as we walk inside the front door, from the receptionist to the cleaners everyone makes you so welcome.We have already booked again for June 2014 cant wait .

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheJollyBoys
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Michael and the staff were very very friendly, helpful and really made sure you were looked after and had a good time. This was the second year we have stayed and they have made even more improvements since our last visit with deck by the pool. We stayed in a family room which was perfect, it had bunk beds and plenty of space. Evil night on Thursday was just so much fun and very busy with everyone enjoying themselves. Our 7 yr old daughter loved the pool and it was easy to relax by the bar or on the sunbeds while she splashed around. Close to some great restaurants and the beach was a quick level 10 min walk. The marina with pool, bar and restaurants only 2 mins away. We'll definitely go back and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Large family room on ground floor was very good
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Virginia W
TELESILLA, Owner at Hotel Telesilla, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Virginia W,
My family and i would like to thank you for your visit and for your time to post such a lovely review on tripadvisor. We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay as well as the improvements at the pool & restaurant area. The live Elvis live show on Thursdays was very successful this summer and will continue next summer.
Hope to see you again next summer.
You can always email me and i will personally take care of your request.
Best wishes to you and your family,
Elizabeth Filippa & family.