“Close to Marina Gouvia”
Review of Hotel Telesilla

Hotel Telesilla
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kontokali
Reviewed 5 May 2014

If you are traveling to Marina Gouvia, maybe to charter a boat, then Hotel Telesilla is the closest hotel to the marina. We stayed there several times by now, and the quality was always improving. It offers a great value for money. The people are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is also very good. For our purposes it is the best choice.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the pool are more quiet at night, as they are not facing the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Hendrik H

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed in the Tellesilla way back in 1988 as a young couple in our early 20s.
We had a fabulous time way back then .It is only a small hotel but has an amazing atmosphere.
They had pool parties til 4 in the morning,dont know if they still do that .
the staff were very friendly we loved it!!! It was our first holiday abroad and we often think of going back,as we were not dissappointed with our stay.
Reading the reviews on here it seems to have only improved even more over time !!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
TELESILLA, Owner at Hotel Telesilla, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Margy2011,

On behalf of my family, i would like to thank you for your review. You are right, 30 years ago the hotel was an "18-30 Club", with lots of pool parties and late night events.
Through the years this has changed. Had a major renovation 2005-2006 and since then every year we are renovating/ redecorating to keep modern and up to date.
It also has been more than 15 years we do not have "tour operators" but only "individual guests". Internet and Tripadvisor, this modern trend of tourism, have helped a lot small family hotels.

Since last summer, twice a week, we do 2 special events, the Elvis night and the Greek dancing night, both with great success.
A new decking is added at the swimming pool area, which is transformed into the outdoor restaurant and cocktail bar in the evening.
We became very popular to the local area and are very happy to attract visitors from Gouvia marina as well as other parts of the island.
Rooms have been up grated with extra soft top mattresses, new duvets & curtains. Wifi is available both in rooms and public areas.

Although we are a 2 star hotel in size, we are a lot more in service, and we would love to see you again in the near future.
Please contact me directly at info@hoteltelesilla.com.
Kind regards,
Elizabeth Filippa & family.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I cannot believe the negative comment for this fantastic hotel. We stay at the Kontokali Bay
every year just because of its positon on the beach, and every night we trot down to Telesilla.We love being treated as one of the family, the food, the service the staffs, thankyou so much Telesilla for making our holiday. Best wishes again to lovely daddy Spiros, Yanis and wife Julie, Thomas our favourite barman, Makis with his lovely smile and Elizabeth. Loved your comments Elizabeth in reply to that horrible review. Well done.

See you this year in June yet again.

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed with this hotel FANTASTIC should be five star!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SonnyRoxy
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My partner and I stayed at this wonderful hotel last year and had an amazing time thanks to the friendly and welcoming staff. The hotel isn't a 'Kavos party hotel' but is a hotel for where people who want to have a holiday to remember to stay. Elizabeth, Mikey, Spiros, Tom, Yannis and Alex and the rest of the Telesilla family do their very best to make everyone's holiday special and I cannot find a single fault. The hotel is kept in an excellent condition. My partner and I revisited the hotel last week and on top of enjoying a complimentary breakfast with the Telesilla family we were shown the stunning NEW rooftop rooms and outside space for people to relax and lookout across the beautiful views which with all the hard work that the staff are putting in will soon be available to stay in (Adam and I shall definitely be looking forward to coming back and staying in a room :)!). Definitely recommended as always :)! DO NOT listen to the negative review as I we can assure you that this is a gem of a place to stay in such a wonderful part of the Island!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CeireBurr
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I couldn't disagree more with the below review which says this hotel is only suitable for people over the age of 50! My boyfriend and I stayed at Telesilla for 10 days in June 2013 and we had the most wonderful holiday. The atmosphere within the hotel is incredible and the others guests are so friendly, they come year on year which I think speaks volumes. I'm 23 and my boyfriend is 25 and we thoroughly enjoyed many nights by the bar drinking cocktails (sometimes a few too many thanks to Tomas) having a laugh with the other guests and staff. The food at the hotel was amazing and the welcome we received was lovely. If your a young couple who are up for a laugh then I can guarantee you will have a good time here! We'll will certainly be returning soon! Leah & Ben xx

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Leah W
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Let's start from the beginning. Location isn't good. At all. There is nothing there to see or do. Nothing. You can rent a bike and go somewhere, but that's about it.
There is one small beach nearby but unfortunately very far from pretty...
Area isn't really nice either. A lot of abandoned building... just looks scary, or maybe not scary, but it ruins your holiday mood.
Hotel itself -- it's clean, must be said. But rooms are tiny. I mean... really tiny; I don't remember being in such a small room before. It was so small that there was nowhere to put 2 big and 2 small suitcases, so we kept them on the floor... and we had to jump over them, as there was not enough room on the floor.
You literally get half a meter around the bed and a square meter in the front of the bathroom. View? There is no view. Either pool or a road. None of these worth looking at.
There was an aircon in the room, but noisy as hell. But it was either that, or you boiling.
Staff friendly... they did want people to come back, that's for sure. In my humble opinion that was a bit too much, all the hugging and stuff... but that's my opinion. Old ladies liked it.
Food was okay... compared to the surroundings it was ok, as other places were just horrible :/
The fact that your bill for the same items would differ from day to day was not so ok... so if you're a stupid tourist who can't read Greek, you have a problem.
Now the best bit: please save yourself some money and don't go there if you're not an elderly person/couple. I'm not joking; everyone there was 50...60+. And they were having a lot of fun during 'Elvis night'. It was very depressing to us, but they had a lot of fun. All of them.
So maybe we just need to grow up to like it!
(We're 30).
The unfortunate bit is... all the opinions here are from seniors and we ended up in a place we didn't really enjoy :-(

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
17  Thank Marcin_Lu
TELESILLA, Owner at Hotel Telesilla, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Martin_Lu,
Although this is not a positive review, i would like to thank you for your time to write such a long detailed review about us.
Yes, we are sad to see any guest disappointed with their experience with us, but does this has to do with our services??
Not at all and here is what i mean:
LOCATION: I think that a "google earth map" can not lie, and it is included in our website (page location). Did we advertise ourselves as a party place? No. Kontokali is an area very close to Corfu Town and Corfu airport (10 minutes) which gives you an advantage to explore the island . Also, 2 minutes walk from Gouvia marina and 10 minutes walk from an organised sandy beach in front of a well known 5 star hotel. (The small beach in your description is a simple beach, used mostly by the locals). Locally you can find coffee shops, Bakery, laundrette, cash point, large super market, hospital, bus stops, family run restaurants / taverns. The walk in the marina by the sea, watching all the sailing boats in the blue and green Gouvia Bay, is amazing.
HOTEL: Thank you for the clean comment, as it is our number one rule. As for the size of the rooms, we have double rooms triple rooms and family rooms. The size starts from 15 square meters to 35 square meters and all rooms include a balcony. Is the pool view not worth looking at? Haven't you seen the photos on our website taken early this summer? And may i ask why non of this was discussed at the reception desk in order to offer you an alternative? Even your big suitcases could be stored as were in your way.
STAFF TOO FRIENDLY: Wow! what can I say about that, you are definitely not familiar with the term "Greek hospitality". It is well known that we, Mediterranean's, are enthusiastic, friendly and love hugging when welcoming our guests.
FOOD: Maybe my opinion about our food is not objective, but another 200 reviews below your, are? and other places are horrible? No, definitely not. Had problems with your bill? Why didn't you just say anything then? It is really offencive implying deception. We are definitely not this type of family or business. Many of our guests and their families return to our hotel every year which is testimony for the excellent personal service we are able to offer.
IN CONCLUSION: You unfortunately did not enjoy your holidays because you did not choose the destination to meet your needs, an XL hotel where you are just a room number, staff ignoring you, with fast food meals, average age 30 and party noise.
Elizabeth Filippa
Hotel Owner.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This year I was twice at Telesilla, two weeks in June and one week in September. I had a great time as always. I had my first visit in 1998, and I come back every year. Some of my friends ask me why I continue to visit this hotel, and I answer; I come because of the lovely family who run this place, I come back for the great food and I come back to meet friends. In September I brought a friend for her first time. When she came back she said; it was nice to meet the people I have heard so much about and feel their warm hospitality. Go there and enjoy the fantastic atmosphere, you will never regret. Telesilla I love you! See you next year :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anette1970
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kontokali
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa
Ariti Grand Hotel
Ariti Grand Hotel
#3 of 5 in Kanoni
Bella Vista Hotel & Studios

Been to Hotel Telesilla? Share your experiences!