The level of this guesthouse (we cannot call it hotel) was so low, we thought we were being pranked. We seriously looked for hidden cameras. We are unable to understand the nature of all the other reviews on this websites, our only guess is that they were made by friends of the owners, if not by the owners themselves.
First of all, the road to the guesthouse is extremely dangerous. Two cars cannot pass it side by side, so in the case another car comes by you need to stop and drive back, when in one side of road there is an abyss. Driving this road at night (and in daytime also) is taking a risk for you life. So obviously we did not go out at night, which was a bummer.
* About the rooms:
- The doors are not lockable. You sleep with the door unlocked. So beside not feeling safe, forget about any romantic times with your partner.
- The toilet are in an open space with the rest of the room. No privacy whatsoever. If you are not traveling alone, this is very embarrassing and humiliating, being seen while doing your business.
- The beds are in the height of the floor. We do not know if they are mattresses dug in the ground or just put there on the floor, but for some of the people it's not so convenient.
* Breakfast is served late. If you are early risers (7-8 am) and you want to go out for a jog or a trip nearby, you won't be able to eat at the guesthouse. Even not a cup of coffee (they don't have a self service kit in the rooms). When we left and wanted a cup coffee before leaving they told us that the coffee machine is not warm enough.
* The breakfast itself is a joke. An egg, half a cucumber, half a tomato, some jelly and yogurt (very little), bread, water and coffee - that is it.
* When going to the beach you are forbidden to use the guesthouse's towels and therefore have to buy the towels they sell.
* Upon leaving they told us they do not accept credit cards. We paid with cash, all the cash we had, which wasn't enough, and all of a sudden they accepted our credit card, but only for the remaining fee, not paid in cash. We got a receipt for only a part of the fee.
* The place is not clean.
Those are just some of the experiences we had in this place. We highly recommend you not to stay in this guesthouse. It is not a hotel, surely not a boutique hotel - it is a guesthouse, and a really lousy one. Do yourself a big favor, don't ruin your trip, and find another place to stay in.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Serenity Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serenity Boutique Hotel Lefkada/Vasiliki, Greece