All reviewsmyrtia summer villagegreek nightthe main roaddirt tracknext yearskiathos townthe bustwo weeksgreek dancerssinging and dancingtable tennisgreat holidayself cateringmama mianew chefkoukounaries beachnothing is too much trouble
Reviewed 7 November 2017

The Myrtia, is a very clean and welcoming place to stay and is great for young families who enjoy a lively poolside environment during the day and noisy, evening entertainment. Sadly, the daily, early morning scramble for sunbeds, loud music at night and pricey beers at the bar were not for us.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed 8 October 2017

The village is set back off the main road, in Koukounaries, just past the Mandraki Hotel.
The Myrtia is so peaceful and relaxing, beautiful gardens and family run, it is set out as a village complex, as the name suggests. The rooms are spacious, tall and airy, if you love Greece, then the basic nature of the accommodation will not be a surprise, having said that, you don't come here, to spend your day in the room.
Now the main reason I can't wait to book my next holiday here, the taverna.
I can't understate how amazing the hospitality is, genuinely warm and friendly, nothing is too much trouble for the guys running this, and the food, THE BEST, Greek cuisine I've tasted in sixteen years of visiting the Greek islands.

If you are considering Greece, you have to visit the Myrtia Village in Koukounaries, Skiathos. You will fall in love with this place, and people that make it special.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors may get more light through the day, due to the lush gardens.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank cj19752017
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We visited the Myrtia Summer Village restaurant as it was recommend by a couple we met whilst on a trip. The hotel is down a dirt track which can be difficult to walk in the dark but luckily we had a car so we drove. The atmosphere is lovely and welcoming. I'm a vegetarian so I do sometimes find it difficult to eat out but Myrtia do have a vegetarian section. I had the Mediterranean pasta which was fantastic. Would recommend!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank rosie t
Reviewed 3 October 2017

spent a week here, relaxing & peaceful. apartments a little basic but the rest of the place makes up for it . Most friendliest place I have been. V the guy who runs it cannot do enough for you nothing is too much trouble , he puts on entertainment and gets you enjoying yourself. the food is excellent in the restaurant top tip kleftico !
short walk to town to more restaurants our favourite ...under the pine tree, but don't order a starter as their portion sizes are huge! we will definately consider going back.
if you want a relaxing peaceful holiday and friendly people this is the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tinaweymouth
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here at the beginning of September. The hotel is about a 5/10 minute walk down a dirt track, there are lamps to light it at night but I would recommend taking a torch. We were greeted with a friendly welcome and felt relaxed straight away.

Our room was a spacious maisonette, it was basic but comfortable and spotlessly clean & had excellent facilities. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and they are so friendly. I forgot my hair dryer but was able to borrow a proper one from reception. The safety deposit box is very secure and is available for €10 per week. We didnt find that we needed air con but our balcony was quite sheltered by a palm tree and didn't get the afternoon sun.

The pool was huge and there were plenty of sun loungers, we prefer the beach but did spend one afternoon by the pool which was quiet but had a good atmosphere.

The best part about this place is the restaurant/bar. The food was by far the best we had on the island & the Greek night is definitely not to be missed. V & his team are fabulous and are what makes this place so special. They work so hard to make sure everybody has a memorable time & gets up to dance!

This place really is a hidden gem that I cant speak highly enough of. We will definitely return again & again! Hugh & Sarah (gingy) x

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple