Maybe it was because we had come on from a week in an exceptional 3 Star Hotel that we were so disappointed with this 4 Star Hotel. It seemed to be surviving by lack of competition, owing to the isolated location, and relying on stopovers of short term tours. The decor was dowdy - the dining room chairs and the cushions for the outdoor chairs were grubby. However, our room was fine (once we could find the way to it) and, as well as an attractive stony beach accessible by a rather rough steep path, there was a good large pool, a kids pool and an indoor pool. There were lots of loungers round the pool, but no upright chairs for those who prefer them. The moderate slope of the extensive grounds looked beautiful, but were impractical because, being terraced in high steps it was difficult for all but the most active to get about.
The fundamental problem was the staff who, although they were never busy, seemed bored and oblivious to guests. The indoor pool staff were sitting round, when the pool area needed clearing. The bar staff could be found glued to the television in a distant corner. The breakfast lacked variety, though it did provide DIY Greek Coffee. The only food available after 4pm was the dinner buffet (when we went in for it we were ignored) which was little better than average canteen food, yet at 18 euros without wine or coffee expensive, and the wine was the worst we had. To get to good tavernas in this lovely area there is a bus service, but car hire is really essential
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 50 rooms in the main building and 200 bungalow rooms spread within a 74,000 square meter landscaped garden of shrubs, fruit trees and olive groves the AA category SUNRISE VILLAGE BEACH HOTEL makes an ideal choice for those seeking a relaxing holiday. The hotel is a splendid setting for banquets meetings, receptions, weddings and presentations. The Othello Conference Hall adjacent to the main bar equipped with audiovisual equipment and air conditioning can accommodate 270 people in theater-style formation. With two of its own beaches well provided with sun beds & umbrellas you will always find a place to relax at the water edge. There is a bar by the large fresh water swimming pool so refreshments are always near to hand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunrise Village Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Village Beach Petalidi
- Sunrise Village Beach Hotel Greece/Petalidi, Peloponnese