Galini Studios(Limnionas)
Sofia Hotel(Marathokampos)
US$67
Travelocity
US$170
Kerkis Bay Hotel(Marathokampos)(Great Value!)
US$58
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$76
US$73
All reviewsyear after yearhighly recommend a staylimnionas baya wonderful place to stayfantastic holidayminute walkvillagesamosseaouzo
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Although I share DanielN82 point of view on Ioanna's personal attitude with Customers, thus I admit she's not at all behaving friendly to her guests, I must say that I look at more practical things like quetness, tranquillity, cleaness and Ioanna's Studios has everything I look @ when I search for a place where to stay.
She keeps the place in perfect order, the rooms are exceptionally neat & clean, reasonably equipped with kitchen hanesses, the room has both A/C & ceiling fan. Mosquito-net (do not forget you are @ the countryside) is present @ every window. I believe is a very good value- for-money & at the end of the day if she's a bit rude.... keep her at bay, how do they say .... barking dogs .... do not bite.
F.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FladaRoma
Reviewed 7 December 2010

While the price and quality of apartments was excellent, Ioanna's behaviour and attitude (the owner of the apartments) proved to be very rude, disrespectful and inacceptable.

During the first week of our stay, everything was excellent and we got along very well with Ioanna. Then, however, our little son dropped an ashtray and I happened to brake a small bowl. As this was entirely our fault, I told Ioanna what had happened the next time I saw her. Suddenly, she was entirely furious as if she would suffer a nervous brake down, and yelled at me, saying that her stupid customers always behave like this and that they brake everything. She yelled at me, telling me that I will need to pay her for the bowl.

She apologised a day later and everything was good again, until she accused us of taking her white towels to the beach and that we would prepare fish in our kitchen. She told us that we are not supposed to cook fish in our apartment as 'all stupid customers do this all the time' and that she will need to re-paint the walls every time this happens 'because of the stink'. If we want to eat fish, we would have to go to the restaurant.

So be aware, if you want to cook in the apartment, Ioanna might get furious and insulting.

On the final day, Ioanna insulted me again, telling me that 'I was too stupid to believe that she will not know that I broke more things'. She then took me into the apartment and scrutinised every plate, the bed linen, counted all the forks or spoons, while continuously shouting at me that I will need to pay her for everything I have stolen. As we left the apartment in an impeccable state, we did not have to pay anything, but it was very sad to see how hateful and disrespectful Ioanna had become.

As she told us (when we were still on good terms), she hates her job and her stupid customers and will try to sell her apartments as soon as possible.

If you can life with not cooking fish and a maniac who might control every step you are taking, then go ahead and do the booking, you won't regret it in terms of the quality of the apartment. I imagine that Ioanna is not so disrespectful to every customer, otherwise there wouldn't be so many good recommendations for her.

Personally, I would not recommend this apartment to anyone else, however good and cozy the apartment was.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank DanielN82
Reviewed 15 July 2010

We have visited Samos several times and always make for Limnionas Bay. This was our first time staying with Ioanna. You are assured of a warm welcome and Ioanna runs a very organised set up. The studios are excellent by any standard and exceptional by Greek ones! The rooms are spacious and light. The kitchen is well equiped and the shower room very adequate. Air con can be purchsed separately but the large revolving ceiling fan is very effective. Each studio has a small terrace, a lovely place to sit and read or admire the flowers which add colour and scent to the area. The views across to Limnionas Bay are beautiful. The site is quiet and peaceful and appears to attract civilised like minded people who respect their fellow guests. The studios are well maintained and serviced regularly. There was even a pile of books in the room, so no need to carry heavy novels when you visit. You have easy access to three excellent tavernas and one ordinary one. You can decide which is the one we we felt was below par! The local beach is lovely and although car hire is a good idea you could spend a great week there just enjoying the local area. However don't broadcast how good it is, we don't want too many people in on the secret!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CambridgeOwl
Reviewed 26 June 2010

As Greek Islands'lovers, we move every year. After Rhodos, Lesbos, Naxos, Chios, we spent 15 days wonderful days at Studios Ioanna.
Located at approx. 1 hour drive from the airport and at 5 minutes'walk from the quiet and charming Limnionas Beach, there are 6 quite large studios around a colourful and shading flower garden.
Life is easy & cool over there ! A minimarket with daily fresh bread accross the narrow "street" leading to the beach, a nice taverna just in front of the resort. But inside your studio, a very well equipped kitchen is wating for you + garden furnitures to enjoy your meals on the terrace !
Very friendly atmosphere thanks to the omnipresence (and yet very discreet) of the Master of the Place ... the legendary Ioanna. Totally dedicated to your comfort and happy stay, she will assist you whenever possible to prepare your excursions ... and even teach you some very useful Greek words and phrases o:))).
One more word ? We go back this year in September !

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Escape60
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Accomodation was in a beautiful setting, surrounded by a colourful garden with roses and geraniums in full bloom,a sea view to the front and with a mountain backdrop .Room was spotless on arrival and had all facilities for anyone wishing to self cater.Our reservation was based on a room only basis.We stayed for 4 nights .During this time our room was not cleaned and we had to remove our own rubbish to the nearby bins.Personally,this was not a major issue but it is still a point worth mentioning.

There is a mini-supermarket nearby which was able to provide anything we needed.

Ioanna,the owner, lives on site and is very friendly.She is more than willing to arrange car hire and taxis etc.

The area was extremely quiet and suitable for anyone wishing to have a break from a hectic and stressful way of life.Nightlife comprised of dining out at one of the local restaurants.

The area is suited to those who enjoy hiking and also those who prefer the less strenous activity of relaxing at the beach which is less than 10 mins walk from the studios. It is a fully serviced beach.2 sun beds and an umbrella cost €7 per day.

There are 4/5 restaurants in the area.We ate at the same restaurant each night;it is called "Galini" and is situated across the road from the studios.It is owned by Dimitris who also prepares all the meals himself.He provides excellent service and good food.

Other practicalities:
We arrived by ferry into Karlovassi port and Ioanna had pre arranged a taxi for us .The driver was waiting for us.The trip was about 40 mins and cost €33 before tip. We used the same firm for our return journey to the port.

Car hire,again arranged for us by Ioanna,cost €30 for 1 day with full insurance although driving "off road" was not covered.We were asked to return the car with the petrol gauge showing at the same position.There was an option to hire the car on the day we were leaving and return it to the port which would have worked out slightly cheaper.

The roads were in good condition and not busy but extremely winding and narrow in places.Despite following the main road signs we did end up on what could be described as "off road " situations which was a bit nerve wrecking.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple