It is easy to join the army of La Reserve fans. Like many others, we had great time at Praslin and La Reserve and would definitely come back again. Still, to be helpful, I would like to offer some highlights of our experience and suggestions for the management.
What really puts this hotel ahead of the pack:
1. Amazing feel of privacy and comfort. Guests have the whole beach (in fact the whole small valley occupied by the hotel) for themselves. The hotel is relatively small, which we liked a lot!
2. Great care of the beach the staff takes, keeping it always clean
3. Great food, particularly a-la-carte. Unless you expect a Michelin-star level, your expectations will be exceeded
4. Welcoming, friendly attitude of the whole staff
5. High-quality and inexpensive in-house tours to the neighboring islands and beaches
6. Shower and changing facilities for guests who leave in the afternoons
The only major tradeoff you need to consider is that the beach is not too good for swimming. In order to get “Seychelles experience” it is necessary to walk/ride to other famous beaches of the island.
Now, a few suggestions for the management. Those are things, which are easy to implement.
1. Having some free drinking water in the rooms is expected in such hot climate
2. Towels changing should get more order to it. We never new, which set of towels we would get by the end of the day
3. Housekeepers should restrain from gathering in groups and loudly chatting by the guestroom doors (particularly annoying during afternoon nap time)
We are looking forward to coming back and finding La Reserve even more exceptional!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover warm hospitality and Luxury at Le Domaine de La Reserve, a hotel on the north east of Praslin in a National Marine park. Our intimate beachfront hotel is a rare gem surrounded by unobstructed and breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean.Located on a private estate with its very own private beach in the secluded bay of Anse Petite Cour, Le Domaine de la Reserve is reputed to be a leading hotel of the Seychelles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Le Domaine de La Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Reserve Praslin Island
- Hotel La Reserve
- La Reserve Seychelles
- Le Domaine De La Reserve Seychelles/Praslin Island