WE stayed here for our surprise honeymoon, October 2010. we only had 7 days and the travel times from j-burg were challenging but once you are there, its paradise. the hotel aint glitzy and ritzy, but its very clean, stunning views, and beautiful furniture - real charm. There were some issues with hot water, but damn, you're on desert islands, so deal with it. The local flora and fauna is amazing. The staff are very friendly, including the indian, sri lankan and bangaldeshy boys (mafia) - all very helpful, keen to discuss cricket, world politics, but also there to help. the sunsets are amazing, the wine list is very good for a tropical island and a bottle of aged 1999 alsace pinot blanc was only AUS$40 at the restaurant (mostly french wines all in euro so not cheap). To eat you meals over a reef is also very special, however it does seem llike a 'couplefest' a lot, but you just need to find some people to chat to. the activities are also amazing, snorkle, dive, bird island, etc are all worth it. hire a car for the day, drive the island and go fishing if you can afford it. Fresh fish is everywhere and fabulous. Also make sure you try the local fruit bat curry 10 mins down the road - he is local chef an makes stunning aromatic local food. Get in touch if you want more info, I did a lot of research before we went.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover warm hospitality and Luxury at Le Domaine de La Reserve, a hotel on the north east of Praslin in a National Marine park. Our intimate beachfront hotel is a rare gem surrounded by unobstructed and breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean.Located on a private estate with its very own private beach in the secluded bay of Anse Petite Cour, Le Domaine de la Reserve is reputed to be a leading hotel of the Seychelles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Le Domaine de La Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Reserve Praslin Island
- Hotel La Reserve
- La Reserve Seychelles
- Le Domaine De La Reserve Seychelles/Praslin Island