We stayed 7 nights at La Reserve, in one of the recently renewed family rooms (room N 117, if I remember well).
The room is quite spacious, has a warm atmosphere, and is on the beachfront, so we were only 2 meters away from the ocean. The king size bed is gorgeous, with the best mattress we have ever tried in a hotel! Comfortable bunk-bed for the kids in the front part of the room. Nice and spacious bathroom with shower and a superb terrace where we could admire the beautiful sunset. There is an LCD TV and a small refridge in the room.
The only negative comment for the room is that the aircon is quite small for that size of space, so for those, who really wants cold, that is not enough.
The hotel itself is perfect: nice location in a very calm bay, fantastic kitchen, charming staff and a big swimming pool, and all this on an affordable price! Our kid really enjoyed the turtles in the garden and specially the jetty restaurant with the fishes.
There are more nice beaches on the Island, but after all we rented a car for 3 days and travelled around whole Praslin. Do not miss Anse Lazio - the best beach ever !! Even better than Anse Source d'Argent on La Dique in my opinion. And it is only 10 min away from La Reserve by car.
The only downside was that - as the ownership has changed a year ago, -they started some renovations. One of that was right beside at our room - it wasn't the best view and sometimes a bit embarrassing that 3-4 worksmen were around our terrace.
Take the Curieuse Island trip, offerd by the Hotel, and we think it is worth to chose the BBQ lunch as well (40 EUR / adult).
For other daily boat trips we suggest to chose Bedier and Sons (on Cote d'Or) - we took a day trip with them to the Sister Islands, Coco Island and Felicité Island, and it was wonderful.
Well, we are absolutely satisfied with choosing La Reserve for a week in Praslin and would definitely recommend it for others, even with small kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover warm hospitality and Luxury at Le Domaine de La Reserve, a hotel on the north east of Praslin in a National Marine park. Our intimate beachfront hotel is a rare gem surrounded by unobstructed and breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean.Located on a private estate with its very own private beach in the secluded bay of Anse Petite Cour, Le Domaine de la Reserve is reputed to be a leading hotel of the Seychelles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Priceline, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Le Domaine de La Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Reserve Praslin Island
- Hotel La Reserve
- La Reserve Seychelles
- Le Domaine De La Reserve Seychelles/Praslin Island