My wife and I stayed six nights here in early September 2009. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and thought the hotel fully deserved it's high ratings. Our room was right on the beach with great views across the bay and to the nearby islands. We liked nothing better than sitting on our patio as it was getting dark and watch the fruit bats fly over. The room itself was excellent.
We loved the Jetty restaurant, watching the fish and birds whilst eating. The food was great, we particularly enjoyed the buffets - our only regret is that we only had two during our stay, instead of the hoped for three! The wine was no more expensive than at a good restaurant back in the UK, this was a bit of a surprise as we had been told how expensive wine was - but then we stayed in a hotel on Mahe where it was twice the price. The waiters were friendly and efficient, as were all the other staff we came across.
It was our 25th wedding anniversary whilst at La Reserve, we didn't tell the hotel but did bring a few cards with us that people had given us before we left and put them out in our room in the morning. When we returned later in the day we found flowers spread everywhere around the room, next a knock on the door and someone brought in a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine for us. A wonderful gesture.
The weather was unusually windy when we first arrived and the sea was very cloudy because the waves were churning up the sand. But when it eventually cleared snorkeling was very good, we felt very safe swimming in the bay.
You get the impression reading these reviews that everyone staying at La Reserve is on their honeymoon and we were worried, being 25 years married, that we would stand out from everyone else. In fact, there was a very good age range with several couples the same age or older than ourselves.
Perhaps the only downside to La Reserve was the Giant Tortoise pen where several were cooped in a small enclosure. We felt they added nothing to the hotel and would be far better released on one of the smaller islands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover warm hospitality and Luxury at Le Domaine de La Reserve, a hotel on the north east of Praslin in a National Marine park. Our intimate beachfront hotel is a rare gem surrounded by unobstructed and breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean.Located on a private estate with its very own private beach in the secluded bay of Anse Petite Cour, Le Domaine de la Reserve is reputed to be a leading hotel of the Seychelles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TravelUp and Ebookers so you can book your Domaine de La Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Reserve Praslin Island
- Hotel La Reserve
- La Reserve Seychelles
- Domaine De La Reserve Seychelles/Praslin Island