We had our honeymoon in the Seychelles in the spring of 2009. We had had our reservations about whether it was feasible going to the Seychelles, as my husband is disabled and to a large extent dependant on a wheelchair, but after many careful studies, we decided to take our chances. We spent three days on Mahé and then the following eight days on La Reserve on Praslin – and it was the best honeymoon, anybody could have wished for.
It is always exciting to return to a place far away after some time, but when we decided to go to the Seychelles again, by October 2010, we had little doubt that La Reserve had to be on the itinerary. We asked the travel agency to request the same room as we had the first time, and as October came, we left for Praslin.
During our first stay here, in April 2009, we had worried about location, accessibility and the extent of help needed, but there had been no need for any of this.
We were welcomed by the friendly staff and found, to our joy, that we had been put in the same room. Again, everywhere where steps could hinder wheelchair access, ramps had been fitted and it was as if we had been away but for a few days, only to return home to La Reserve, finding everything as easy and welcoming as before.
The snorkelling, which had so impressed us the first time, was even better as we explored familiar grounds and found that we could easily see that there had been a huge development in both coral and fish life for the 18 months we had been away.
The hotel fleet has been doubled since our last stay, and we ventured on snorkelling trips with Billy, Ron and the ubiquitous Francis, both on the Athena and the new Athena Too. During our last stay we never saw sea turtles, but this time we saw plenty of them, lionfish, cornet fish, squirrelfish and even dolphins on the boat trip to Coco Island.
Once again, we found that the Seychellois in general and the staff at La Reserve in particular are very accommodating and helpful.
Everything was perfect, also the second time around. The service was top rate, the room always spotless and the surrounding areas well kept. The trips were suitably varied and even the laundry service was fast and reliable.
A huge thank you to the staff at La Reserve for making both of us feel welcome back. Not only in a professional manner, but also the warm welcome from those who were genuinely happy to see us again.
A wise lady in the Seychelles reminded us not to promise to return, but only promise to try. And I promise this: We will try to return home to our regular room and our good friends at La Reserve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover warm hospitality and Luxury at Le Domaine de La Reserve, a hotel on the north east of Praslin in a National Marine park. Our intimate beachfront hotel is a rare gem surrounded by unobstructed and breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean.Located on a private estate with its very own private beach in the secluded bay of Anse Petite Cour, Le Domaine de la Reserve is reputed to be a leading hotel of the Seychelles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Domaine de La Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Reserve Praslin Island
- Hotel La Reserve
- La Reserve Seychelles
- Le Domaine De La Reserve Seychelles/Praslin Island