“Excellent service for a great vacation!”
Review of Paradise Sun

Paradise Sun
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Anse Volbert
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent service for a great vacation!”
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I decided to travel alone to Seychelles for 10 days and I thought it would be boring or depressing. Truth is the hotel was packed with honeymooners but the staff made sure I had a great time. They really went 'out of their duties' and helped me feel like at home. I had one of the superior rooms in the main garden area, right by the restaurant. The room is very cosy: it has a veranda with two chairs which is ideal for the late afternoon 'must-check facebook' time (internet is free and quite reliable in the hotel). The room also has a king bed with a small living room area and then behind there's the bathroom, toilet and dressing rooms. I personally loved the shower! I had halfboard included in the rate and thought the food selection was complete. Breakfast croissants were really good and dinner was varied for all tastes. I also really liked the hotel's entertainment options: morning stretching, beach volleyball, snorkelling and the diving center. All in all, I loved my vacation at Paradise Sun and I hope I come back in the future!

Room Tip: Get superior rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Bettyargiles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Benalmadena, Spain
Reviewed 27 May 2011

We travelled with our 19 year old daughter and 10 year old son. We stayed in room 1 and 3 which is right by the dive centre. It was clean with views to the beach and sea. It was well tended to by the staff. As a family of divers it was perfect. The dive centre caters for all types of diving and we spent most days diving. As my son is a fussy eater we thought there might be a problem, but there was always enough to satisfy his appetite. When my kids dropped our dive camera into the ocean by mistake, the assistant manager lent us his dive camera to take pictures. They could not do enough for us and would highly recommend this hotel. If you are expecting a Mauritius with the hussle and the bussle, or you wish to be seen, then this is the wrong hotel for you. This is a place to relax and slow down your pace!

Room Tip: Room 1 and 3
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Dion B
Colchester
Reviewed 29 April 2011

My wife and I are at the resort as I write this. I am overlooking the pool from the free internet station with 3 computers and looking on towards the deep blue ocean. I have been dying to write a review of this place and could not wait until my wife and I returned home to the UK. I am a US expat and she is from England. As myself and my wife owned a giftshop in a large hotel on International drive in Orlando Florida for several years and we have travelled quite extensively I wanted to write a review that could give you a taste of what to expect as well as some tips that we found lacking on the advice sites. Plus put some worries to rest that we had. I don't know where to start and I can be quite wordy so stop when you are bored. We stopped at a few resorts on our way to this one when we arrived. We were a bit worried as some didn't look all that special and we desperately needed a WOW resort to recharge our batteries,...What was our hotel going to be like? When we were dropped off near to the lobby we got a taste, Very tasteful tiki style contruction. The buildings are all open and airy, Palm frond accents and dark African hardwoods abound. So we walked through the lobby and things got better. The pool is absolutely lovey and there are tons of loungers to use around the pool. One thing we kept sayign to each other is that there is none of the famous early morning rush to get a lounger. We have had our pick every day, Then we walked past the pool and the view knocked us back, Thsi is what we had hoped for. The resort complex is right on the left hand end of a long stretch of beach, This is beneficial as there is no real outside foot traffic walking by you all day long adn more privacy. There are shaded areas all along the beachfront and the view is what dreams are made of. Just off the beach about 200 yards away is a private island that makes the view interesting. We were told there is a 5 room restort on that tiny island as well as excellent snorkling if you want to pay a small fee to get taken there by the boats all along the beach. As with this island and all the nature reserves there is a landing fee so take that into consideration when looking at the prices, The landing fee on this small island was 200 rupees per person. The larger reserve we visited was I think 400 rupees and part of the tour price. The rest of the view is pure tropical paradise, Just blue water and sun as far as you can see, The beach is all powder fine sand and there are NO bugs. We were told to bring bug repellent by several sites and I was worried we would be eaten alive. We were told other parts of the beach Island have sand flies that bite you but we have not seen a one. Mosquites were basically non existant in this restort. In the evenings you don't even see bugs around the various lights on the property. We maybe had 2 or 3 bites between us at the resort all week (I will say that on a few of the tours you MUST bring repellent as there were tons of bugs on the islands that were wildlife refuges) The rooms all face the ocean as far as we could tell and ours (no. 2) was as close to the ocean as you could want, I'd say 20 meters and you are in the water) There is an on site dive center (which we did not use) but quite a few other folks did as we noticed boats full of divers going out in the mornings and afternoons. The seaweed that we were told about is not a problem at this beach, The little that does wash up is raked up and taken away every morning by the staff, I told you this place was clean!! Some practical considerations. The tap water is safe to drink, There are ATMS all over the place, We found we had little need for rupees and only took out 500 (about 25 quids worth) as you charge anything to the room that you want on the property and paid for all tours by credit card. There is no malaria on the Island. We got our shots before coming that were recommended by our doctor but honestly after being here I can't see why we bothered. We used to fill up empty bottles in the evenings from the tap and put them in the fridge in the room at night and they were good to go for our trips in the daytime. The resort prices are quite fair (figuring 20 Seychelle rupies to the UK pound) a liter bottle of water or a bottle of coke were 2.50 pounds or 50 rupees, A seriously good massage lasting an hour was 530 rupees if you took it before 3pm which gave you a rather nice early bird discount which I figure at about 27 pounds. Ask the girl to walk on your back if you are brave! The rooms have a flat screen Tele with a good selection of channels and plenty of sport on as well as movies (this is all at no charge) The room has a hair dryer, A seriously strong shower, Fridge, Drying racks, balcony, plug sockets are 220 and UK compatible. Loungers on the balcony, A very large bed, Spacious and airy with the whole front of every room able to be opened completely with sliding glass doors as well as ventilated wooden doors that lock. I got a bit worried reading some of the other quotes about cleanliness and rude staff. This hotel could have been built yesterday for how clean it is, I found myself searching for something broken or badly repaired, I gave up in the end. The place is spotless. The staff are beyond reproach and could not be more friendly and welcoming and it is genuine, none of that fake Florida stuff here, They were happy to see us and we were happy to see them with hearty greetings from each of us when we met. The people of the Seychelles really make this place special. From the house keepers to the bar staff, From our tour rep (the beautiful Charlotte from Masons Travel (don't tell my wife I said that) to the manager who personally made sure we were happy whenever he saw us. I don't think he goes home, he was here day and night every day. A word about Masons Travel. They were our "on Island" contact as well as our Tour Rep group. The quality of information as well as the tours they operate are excellent. Again, we worked in the tourist trade for many years in the capital of touism, Orlando Florida, and we have seen and heard it all. My wife worked for a time as a tour rep in Florida as well. We took two tours with Masons, One was to Coco and Sister islands for a Catamaran ride as well as snorkling, land tortise visit and beach BBQ. This was an excellent tour with personal service and free drinks from the catamaran crew. I still would bring a few bottles of water as its HOT here, 33 degrees most days, Suncream is a must, I used factor 50 and still got pink around the edges, April is supposedly the hottest month to come here but I am told its hot all the time, This is serious Africa sun and if you don't watch it you will get the sunburn of your life. We ate a beach front lunch cooked up by the Masons travel folks and had quite a few hours on the Catamaran (I kept thinking about the Duran Duran videos as will you if you are in my age group) this was a great tour. Note: for both tours I recommend secreting a few slices of bread to feed the fish, If you want 200 fish swarming around you in the water introduce some food!!! they eat ride out of your hands, A plastic bag works great to bring it into the deeper water when you snorkle. The next day we took another tour which was even better, This was (pardon my spelling) the 3 island tour which visited Curiese (sp??) for BBQ and visits with the 300 plus giagantic land tortises. They alone are worth the trip, They will eat anything so make sure you close the opening in the BBQ area or one will join you and try and take your plate which is just what one very large tortise did while were eating, These are the photos that made the trip for us! They eat right out of your hands and love to be stroked on the neck, Quite intesting characters. This tour also went to a nature reserve (sorry the name escapes me, and believe me you need bug repellent here) which is completely chock full of birds, lizards and giant land tortises and was returned to its natural state in the 1950s after being a coconut plantation for many years, The bravery of the birds, lizards and other animals (must be due to their protected status) is amazing, They are not afraid at all. The tours we took (only two of many) ran from 9am (pickup at our hotel at 8.00am) at the docks until approx. 5pm back at the docks, Full days out. I think we paid exactly 8000 rupees total for both trips for the two of us. Figure about 20 rupees to the pound. Just when you thought both tours were finished and we had done a full days sightseeing they parked up next to deserted islands for a last dip snorkle adventure before heading back to shore. Really first class tours with plenty to see and do. Say Hi! to Michael Jordon (AKA: Allan) if you see him, believe me you can't miss him. Hmmmm, what else. The buffet at the resort is nice with good, fresh food. A great selection with pasta available every night for picky eaters, me included. We have a late flight tomorrow and check out is 10:00am. We have use of free shower facilities an hour before our flight. Sorry this was so wordy but I wanted to thank the folks at Paridise Sun and the Seychelles for such and excellent trip of a lifetime and this was the main way know how. To give credit where credit is due. I would not look for another hotel is going to Praslin as I cannot imagine a nicer one. Cheers. P and L, Essex UK

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
17 Thank Peter C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2011

We have recently returned from an amazing holiday to Paradise Sun, where we also got married on the beach during out stay.
Because of some of the comments on Trip Advisor we spent time trying to find something to pick fault with, but there really was nothing. The staff were friendly, the rooms were cleaned to a high standard every day, and the food was excellent.
Philippe and Joyce were a joy to know, and helped make our stay an all round wonderful experience. Philippe, if you read this we can't seem to respond to your email of photo's for some reason! Charlotte from Masons Travel was also exceptionally helpful, nothing was too much trouble for her either.
We took some day trips, one snorkelling to Coco, and a boat trip to see the Giant tortoise, all amazing.
So, no complaints at all, if you want to treat yourself to a fantastic holiday (or even a wedding :-)) Paradise Sun is the place to go.
Linda & Andy Beck
March 2011

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LindaBeck2011
mumbai
Reviewed 28 February 2011

the manager was very nice, he welcomed us personally. the hotel and rooms were very cute, though the bathroom door lock was broken. they have a nice porch to lounge on outside the room, and very helpful, a rack to dry your clothes on. there was a lot of food at the buffet for dinner. they even let us keep our luggage in the hotel for 2 days after we checked out and went to la digue. overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank tascha007
Nelspruit, South Africa
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My wife & I went to celebrate our wedding anniversary on valentines @ "Paradise" sun. After careful consideration & with all the negative/positive reviews, we given the resort the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately all is not "PARADISE" @ the resort, in general the staff at the restaurant/bar were unfriendly robots,food presentation not to standard, the cocktails was "NO WOW" very poor "PARADISE" effort. Accommodation layout was comfortable,poor housekeeping service,our cleaner apologises due to other baby service,at 16h00 you do expect the room to be tidy & clean,especially when we have been out for the whole day. The reception staff did not even bother to make eye contact when we settled our bill the afternoon before our departure the next day, just a courtesy enquiry as to your stay @ the resort, or our holiday eperience on PRASLIN, you get what you see, just our personal experience & certainly not a memorable one @ "PARADISE SUN". Creole Island services has aggravated our planned adventures around Seychelles,when we pitch up @ the desk for a trip, the ever so defensive lady, havent you been informed that the trip was cancelled for another time, well unfortunately we just simply had four of those dont care attitude of "MISHAPS", quick to collect the bucks for what its worth...We will visit Praslin again,,, as we have experienced the other side of this magnificent JEWEL of this Island. Johan & Anthea

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank johan026
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 18 February 2011

My partner & I stayed at The Paradise Sun Resort exclusively located right next to the Cote d'Or which is generally regarded as one of the most romantic places in the world. Check-in was express and we were taken to our beautiful room. In no time we were indulging in our first dive in the warm crystalline water as the resort is right in front of an endless stretch of white sandy beach. At this point we had already accustomed to the slow, flowing nature of time, everything in its uttermost serenity. The water was always warm and the weather was magical throughout our stay though it rained quite alot which served well for us, to cool down the temperatures. Dinners were always buffets & a range of diverse tastes were served for every palate. I particularly was smitten with the Creole Cuisine, as a Seafood lover, I had the tantalizing Red Snapper almost every evening prepared in varied ways by their marvelous chefs. The services was outstanding, our room was neat. Both staff and managment were extremely friendly and helpful at all times. On our second night we were invited to a "Meet the GM" cocktail party. We had some stretch - yoga like session every morning for free with an instructor. They also have alot of equipment that you could hire for a day at no extra charge for some water sports. It's child friendly as there's alot of acivities for children on a daily basis too. I would strongly recommend this Resort to couples but more especially families, it's so ideal. Overall the hotel was perfect.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Dhevatara Beach Hotel
Dhevatara Beach Hotel
#1 of 8 in Grand Anse
Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suites
Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suite...
#1 of 1 in Anse Bois de Rose
La Digue Island Lodge
La Digue Island Lodge
#3 of 7 in La Digue Island

Been to Paradise Sun? Share your experiences!