“Hotel Lovely, food not up to standard for Southern Sun”
Review of Paradise Sun

Paradise Sun
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Anse Volbert
Reviewed 3 January 2011

The hotel was lovely, no room service available which was very dissappointing, dinner options very limited, the same on offer every night with very little variety

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,441)

Reviewed 18 November 2010

We are not easily pleased but for what we paid this resort offers excellent value.

The rooms are perfect, service by Seychelles standards excellent, the location fantastic, the facilities spot on. The food was fresh and plentiful, breakfast was the best meal, dinner was just a bit limited if you stay more than a week. The bands in the resturant were varied and fun, the entertainment guy Rocky, a real character. The ubiqutous pizza at lunch freshly made and good value. (and brought to your sun bed!)

Negatives, bar closes at 10 pm and exspensive, (probably why it closes at 10 pm !) pool was a bit small but hey just look at the beach and the sea !

White Tip Divers run a very professional operation and make diving easy. The diving in Praslin was much better on average than Mahe and Arnaud really knows the sites.

The Location of this hotel set in a quiet back turning with local shops and bars just down the beach as well as real local resturants was a real suprise and just added to the whole experience.

This is not cheap BUT it is not exspensive by Seychelle standards either. What it offers is excellent value, a fantastic location and a good "real Seychelles" experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank LAL:London
Reviewed 23 October 2010

We stayed at the Paradise Sun during our first trip to the Seychelles. We loved the staff's friendly and relaxed attitude. We felt at home and had a wonderful time. The restaurant located on the beach is lovely. If you have a relaxed attitude to life and want to experience everything nature has to offer this is the place for you. Most of the Creole daytrips departed from the beach close to the hotel. It was also nice to be able to take long walks along the beach since many resorts only have access to smaller beaches. The housekeeping was not great but when I asked for something it was brought to the room within minutes. We enjoyed our massages at the beautiful spa.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2010

After a wonderful stay in Ephelia Resort, we moved to Paradise Sun. The location of the hotel is fantastic. Very beautiful beach (altough in the month we went (june) there was a lot of seaweed on the beach in front of Paradise Sun.)

Food: very good, limited choice but food quality is very good.

Restaurant: nice located on the beach, but when it's busy and lots of people eat at the same moment, you are very close to each other. Service is rather slow and not very interested. Altough Ephelia Resort was 10 times bigger than Paradise Sun, we didn't get the feeling we were welcome in Paradise Sun. Rather unprofessional waiters. Some of them even look a bit lazy.

Room: Bathroom really needs some renovation. At that price you may expect something different. It was dark, not airy and furniture was old.

Service: nothing was done for our first wedding anniversary although they mentioned it themselves when we arrived.

Housekeeping and reception: This was the part that was really upsetting!
One day we rented a car and left the room around 8 am. We left the used towels and beachtowels in the sink to replace them. When we got back at the hotel after our daytrip around 7pm, the room was still not cleaned. Everything was there just as we left it in the morning. The bed was not made, all the dirty towels were still in the sink where we left them.

Because we came back from a tiring daytrip, we wanted to take a shower and it was almost dinertime. But we had no clean towels. My husband made a telephone call to the reception to ask if the housekeeping had forgotten to clean our room. No no, she answered, they are still busy cleaning other rooms. At this time of the day? At 07.30 pm??? For me it was not necessary anymore that they cleaned the room. I just wanted fresh towels so that I could take a shower. So my husband telephoned again to the receptionist to ask if they simply could bring a few towels.

After 30 minutes, we still didn't get any towels, so my husband went to the reception to ask for towels. The girl at the reception was so rude and arrogant! Instead of offering an apology she refused to look at my husband and acted like we were the most demanding gasts. Eventually my husband got the towels, but he asked for an apology from the girl at the reception: nothing, not even a 'sorry for the mistake'.

We understand that it could happen that the housekeeping maybe forgot to clean the room, but the way the receptionist acted, we couldn't accept. A correct way to act was offering us a drink for the mistake or at least a sorry. Nothing.

The setting of this hotel is beautiful and the food was nice, but this kind of behaviour from the girl at the reception should not be tolerated! Not for a one star hotel, and surely not for a four star hotel.

Hopefully we can go to the Seychelles again, but we won't be staying in Paradise Sun and we won't recommend it to other people. It's sad because the hotel has everything to be a very good hotel, but they really have to take a good look at the behaviour of their employees.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank caroBelgium
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Me and my husband just got back from 5 nights at Paradise sun hotel.( beginning of April 2010). The hotel has a good location. Rooms are small but clean. Beach is long and was full of sea weeds as for yesterday. There is a fundamental problem in the the service: the information you get from the staff is inaccurate most of the time. Example: they told us that there is a free of charge boat trip to an island starting from the hotel. ( 4 minutes drive. Good spot for snorkeling) when we arrive they told us that is was a mistake and each one of us should pay 400 rupees as landing fees. After I got angry, since 3 people at the reception told us the same, Marie, the guest relations woman, made an inquiry and told us that we were right; problem was that the boat has left and we had to wait about an hour until she got back. Another time they told us that we can join a sunset boat trip . I verified twice that I am on this trip. When I came they told us that we are not on the list and only if somebody who is on the list will not show up we can join. Luckily somebody didn't show up and they took us. On the last day ' Dorothy, the travel agency company representative ( Maisson company) informed us that we should fly one hour earlier than our scheduled flight to Mahe ( the big island from where you take your flight home). It meant that we had to wait in the airport one extra hour on top of the 3 hours we had to wait any way We were shocked. Dorothey explained that she gave our flight to a couple from room 73 and gave me their flight and if I want my flight back I should talk to those people, whom I don't even know.. how can you give my flight to somebody else without getting my permission? I was so upset. Eventually, after a long fight I got my flight back…
Lunch time: I went to have lunch at the beach restaurant, which is the only one which is open at this time of the day. I ordered a fish. They told me it was too late ( 2:30 pm) and I could have a sandwich or salad.. The next day I came at 1:45 pm ordered again a fish. They told me they ran out of fish. I can have... Guess what … a sandwich or a salad. I got upset and asked them to go and buy a fish.. after 5 minutes they had a fish from the restaurant near the pool… and so on and so on…I asked for annans. They said: it is not available. I insisted and they served me ananas and told me they took the left over from breakfast…
If you decide to go to this hotel you should know that there is very good restaurants on the right side just 3 minutes walk from the hotel on the beach. ( café…) also swim only in this side of the beach because on the other side there are dangerous fishes ( ray fish) . Nobody tells you about them but if you touch them by chance you need medical help…my friend swam and saw hundreds of them and when I asked the reception they told me not to swim to this direction. Of Corse nobody bothers to warn you a head…
Seychelles is a beautiful place warm and humid.. The fishes are beautiful. The corals were damaged and you hardly see them One good thing in this hotelis that you have security all the time near the chairs on the beach so your belongings are safe there. Once you step out of the hotel you have to be very vey careful. The greatest thing about the hotel is the music band which plays every evening at the restaurant. They are very good. On the last evening one guy from the band made us all dance and it was great!
. I suggest before you spend so much money consider to go to Eilat at the red sea…just avoid July- October. The fishes are the same and it is much cheaper. There are not so many thieves as in Seychelles and you feel safer.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank odelia
Reviewed 13 February 2010

Our room was on the beach, the first thing I saw in the morning was a beautiful clear sea. It was a taste of paradise. The staff were exceptionally friendly, would recommend it and would go back to the Seychelles, nature at its best.

Minnie Duarte
South Africa
minnieduar@yahoo.com

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank minniejohannesburg
Reviewed 3 December 2009

Located on quite beautiful beach our room was perfect with HUGE doors that allows you to feel like you can sleep in the garden. Rooms are well placed allowing you not to be disturbed by the other guests. Air conditioner and fan in room, ensure perfect sleeping conditions. Within 100 meters, you relax on chair on the beach, or under the trees. The beach restaurant, is on the beach, with view over beach, and St Pierre Island.
Swimming pool big enough, to cool down, and enjoy the other facilities of the hotel.
Hotel is in good condition, with efficient, friendly and helpful personnel.

Food is served as buffet, and a theme per night, more than enough, and the selection is big enough. Waiters are friendly and service was good.
Went on sunset cruise as part of the stay, and lots of extra available, dive school, and water sport ( at extra cost).

That is what i like about the hotel, you have a choice of doing just nothing, or take part in all kinds of activities. I have already started saving for the next trip!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Le Duc de Praslin
Le Duc de Praslin
#3 of 11 in Anse Volbert
Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suites
Coco de Mer - Black Parrot Suite...
#1 of 1 in Anse Bois de Rose
Iles des Palmes
Iles des Palmes
#3 of 3 in Baie Ste Anne
Castello Beach Hotel
Castello Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Anse Kerlan

Been to Paradise Sun? Share your experiences!