All reviews infinity pool lovely pool local style gentle waves sun umbrellas comfortable lounge chairs dangerous currents sri lankan chef plenty of hot water paving slabs dedicated team golden pond serve food sea view tea and coffee first floor superb job
Reviewed 15 August 2007

If you really want to relax and rest, this is the place to be.

Pieters - Belgium

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2007

I was here in early April, and I had a great time. The very relaxed atmosphere was EXACTLY what I was looking for in a vacation. I appreciated the fact that there were not many young children running about and that I could enjoy the peace and quiet of the beach. The staff is very friendly and attentive, Bernard in particular (give this man a raise!), are multi-lingual and will organise tours for you at a (typically) reduced price.

The food had great potential, but I believe that it was watered down at times to accommodate the tourist's palate. The breakfasts consisted of a variety of fresh fruits, juices, and baked goods. Lunch in the seperate building near the beach was from a fairly standard menu, but the curries were great. Dinner was always enjoyable as the chef prepared a tasty menu featuring fish or meat, or there was a buffet with a mix of local and western cuisines (which I really didn't care for). Buffet nights were enlivened by musicians who ranged from very good to very bad. All in all, it was a fun experience. My only real complaint was that the staff seemed a bit disorganised or understaffed at lunch and dinner, but usually I was so relaxed that I didn't care, however large families had a problem.

The regular rooms were dark because of the wood finish, but comfortable, and had a safe, air-con, mini-fridge, and balconies that overlook the pool area. The bathrooms will be renovated (it is rumored) by next year. The newer deluxe suites nearer to the beach were excellent. Bright and airy, all new installations, and balconies or terraces that overlook the ocean. The hotel has a small gym with new equipment, and a massage room. FYI, get a massage here because it will be less than half the price of the larger resort hotels on Praslin or Mahé.

In comparison to the larger resort hotel that I stayed in after the Acajou, I found the Acajou to be a better experience with regard to relaxing environment, beach and food.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RastaManErn
Reviewed 3 April 2007

Just back from here which I booked on the strength of the reviews here but am beginning to wonder if it was the same hotel! Stayed in deluxe room and found it to be very poor value for a lot of money spent. The food was below average - did not eat there after first night, the hotel is basic especially the lunch area which needs a revamp - food not cleared in time with birds all over the vacant tables finsihing off the scraps. Unappetising fruit left in room. Saw
brochure photos of the beach area and nothing like the reality. Not enough sunbeds provided and those that are, are in a poor state. The beach 'Cote d'Or' is one of the worst beaches in the Seychelles (for the standard in the rest of the Seychelles), go to La Digue for some of the top beaches in the world, Grand Anse in particular. Was asked on check in if we would like to pay for the stay up front which was a
bit odd. Staff were helpful though. Stayed in Desroches Island Resort
also was fantastic in comparison.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JockserDublin
Reviewed 27 February 2007

When I booked this place in nov 06 i was very apprehensive. There were not many reviews but 4 of the 4 I read were good. But This place exceeded all our expectations. We booked ourselves in the deluxe/superior rooms. The view was breath taking. We were literally 50 feet to the beach. The beach is like a private beach almost since its not a densely populated tourist location.
The staff was most helpful and accomodating. The dinner buffets are yummy.

Perfect location for honeymooners. It made ours perfect :)

Stayed: January 2007
3  Thank RMSanDiego
Reviewed 16 October 2006

We stayed in the Acajou Hotel in september for 5 nights for our honeymoon. Later, we flew to Mauritius and stayed in the Trou aux Biches Hotel and Le Paradis.
We had a very nice room in the Acajou Hotel, decorated with dark wood. From the balcony you have a nice view on the swimming pool, the rooms in front of you and the sea in the distance.
The staff is very helpful and nice. Praslin is a wonderful island, with lots of vegetation, palm trees and beautiful beaches with a very blue sea. Breakfast in the hotel was very nice, there is a little buffet. And dinner is a choice menu (2 choices for your main course) and sometimes there is a little buffet. Dinner is very nice as well. The standards are not as high as in Mauritius, though. And the Seychelles is an expensive and quiet place. We liked Praslin and Mahe very much, but La Digue was a minor dissapointment. Very touristic and Anse Source d'Argent is NOT the most beautiful beach in the world, that's Anse Lazio on Praslin, which is far less known, more quiet, much bigger and very, very beautiful.
We had a very nice time in the Acajou hotel and we can recommend it to anyone!
And there are no beachhawkers on the beach! If you are looking for a quiet holiday and beautiful bays/ beaches, you should go to the Seychelles!! If anyone has any questions about the Acajou hotel, Seychelles or Mauritius, please contact me!
Greetings, Mascha