All reviewsinfinity poollovely poollocal stylegentle wavessun umbrellascomfortable lounge chairsdangerous currentssri lankan chefplenty of hot waterpaving slabsdedicated teamgolden pondserve foodsea viewtea and coffeefirst floorsuperb job
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We've stayed at Hotel Acajou on numerous occasions, each time with a different set of friends. Not once have we been disappointed. The rooms are clean, service is excellent and the surroundings quite idyllic. The hotel is quite small, with a nice swimming pool and beautiful grounds. The dinner in the restaurant is a slow affair, which is just wonderful. Cocktails before dinner, and then seated and served the numerous courses - takes one back to a golden age.

The hotel is a short walk (along road or beach) to a more lively part of Praslin. The cab ride to Ansi Lazio was about $5 and we always arranged for the cab driver to pick us up at the beach. (we'd get his cell phone number and phone him when we're ready to go home). This always worked well.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I went there with my family and a friend of mine with his family. The service offered was good but on that particular James was the chef. Well he does know how to prepare a good chicken curry. Service good but a little bt slow. Saw some new waiters, definitely not local, and they seemed a little bit confused and scared. To remove an over billed beer got them so scared. Thanks to another local, Ketsia, all was done and we were happy with the service.

Room Tip: A good place to relax and enjoy some GOOD FOOD
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I did the three islands tour (Mahe, Praslin, la Digue) in March 2011. The hotel Acajou was my choice for Praslin. Nice check in, room was clean and nice though I couldn't get nothing but lukewarm water out of the shower. I told the reception and someone was sent pretty quickly. Did his best but water was still not warm enough for my taste. The rest of my 3 day stay was pretty flawless. Food was good at dinner, simple, typically creole. The dinner area is kinda small, but it adds to the charm of the place. Breakfast was nice too. Would have loved to take advantage of the beach but at that time of the year, it was pretty windy and the sea was kinda rough. Recommended place, very affordable, and definitely true to the creole spirit.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank beautifullydepressed
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is an older hotel, that could do with a bit of an up-grade. The standard rooms are made in wood, which means that it can feel like the inside of a sauna when very hot. The mini bar was not replenished, and cleaning was not done very well. The restaurant was ok, the buffet is laid on when the hotal has a lots of people there, but under a certain amount it is made from a choice of 2 items, I preferred the selection, buffet food is always rather average. The staff were very helpful and cheerful, but never remembered our room number even though we were there for a week.

Room Tip: Always ask for a higher floor, we ewre on the ground floor and the lights from outside were very bright at night.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank silkdale
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Very good value for money, we enjoyed it and recommend it.
Clean, with space for our stuffs, staff very usefull, good location with direct access to beach, good restaurant... only good points! _Did see the other hotels around and Acajou seemed to me on the high level with good price
This is not the four seasons but not the same price as well!!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple