We stayed at le Duc de Praslin for 4 nights during our honeymoon. Since Seychelles is expensive and we had a certain budget, we decided to stay more and more expensive throughout the honeymoon to be able to to stay really nicely in the end. le Duc de Praslin was our middle choice in between the cheaper Villa de Jardins and more expensive Chateau des Feuilles. Our first stay at Villa de Jardins was amazing and above all expectations. Since we payed more than twice for Duc de Praslin we found it a bit disappointing that it was not nearly as nice. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice hotel, with nice rooms, but we expected something more. Especially since we stayed in the honeymoon suite and I am not sure what was special about it compared to the other rooms.
One thing that of course affected our opinions towards the negative was that we both got food poisoning from the lunch bar snacks and spend the night and next day taking turns on the toilet. The staff was friendly when we explained to them what had happened and they seemed genuinly surprised, so hopefully we were simply unlucky.
We did not take half-pension, which I think was the right decision. We still ate at le Duc for one night and there more upper-scale restaurant Cafe des Arts. The latter is right on the beach with very nice atmosphere and fantastic food. If I can make one comment for improvement for Cafe des Arts, was that everything was too fast for our likings. There were basically no time in between courses and we felt rushed. One wants to enjoy the romantic settings and tasty food in a more timely matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an 'out of this world' location combined with world-class facilities and amenities, it is no wonder that Le Duc de Praslin is often considered as the 'Jewel of Cote D'Or'! It is set on Praslin's outstanding Cote D'Or beach in the Seychelles. The turquoise sea lapping the fine white sand of Cote D'Or beach is your daily playground - just a few steps away from your luxurious retreat amidst lush tropical gardens. Your ideal dream holiday becomes a reality with the widest choice of luxury accommodation and exquisite dining options. Le Duc de Praslin offers the holiday of a lifetime with true Seychellois hospitality and exceptional value. Extensive improvements and new additions to its facilities have won Le Duc de Praslin many awards to position it amongst the best hotels of Seychelles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Duc de Praslin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Duc De Praslin Hotel Praslin Island
- Le Duc De Praslin Island
- Le Duc De Praslin Seychelles/Praslin Island