We stayed at Le Duc for the last two weeks of August to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and could not have been more delighted with our stay. We were looking for somewhere that was small, intimate and family friendly, we have an 11 year old son. Le Duc ticked all the boxes.
We booked directly with the hotel and all the details were handled promptly with all email queries answered within 48 hours. On arrival at Praslin Airport we were met by a taxi organised by the hotel and made the 15 minute drive to Le Duc with no problems. On reaching the hotel we were greeted with cold drinks and escorted to our room following a detailed briefing by reception. So far so good...
The room, 15, was huge, well appointed with a large balcony overlooking the pool. Large bathroom with separate bath and shower. In room TV reception is poor but signal boosters will be installed to, hopefully, rectify this. Not an issue for my wife or I but always handy to keep kids entertained whilst getting showered, changed etc. A dedicated kids channel such as CN should be considered - parents will thank you for it!
Housekeeping kept the room spotless and did so with a smile. Always accommodating, they work around their guests and were unfailingly polite and friendly.
The food was excellent. Breakfast was a buffet affair with plenty of choice. Lunch was a set menu of about a dozen items and over the two weeks we tried them all - no complaints. Our son recommends the creole burger (the creole sauce was pretty good!) :) Dinner alternated between buffets and 4 course set menus. We preferred the set menus but had no complaints with the buffets. The food was of a very high quality throughout our stay. On a couple of nights, when we struggled to find anything on the menu that our, admittedly fussy, lad would eat the kitchen staff cooked him a pizza (reliable fall back for kids!) and had it on the table with our main course. Anything on the lunch menu, very child friendly, can be pre-ordered up to 8pm. The restaurant staff were excellent. Georgette and her team were friendly, helpful and always had a ready smile. The food was very good, but they made it an absolute pleasure to eat at the hotel. Having the koi pond run through the restaurant made for entertaining meals and we were astonished at the size and variety of fish. A lot of care has gone into breeding and maintaining them.
The grounds are immaculately kept. On first arrival I was left with the impression that they were busy, almost cluttered. But within a day or so I appreciated the seclusion that the palms gave the rooms. Full of flowers, birds and brightly coloured lizards the grounds are a delight. The pool area is stylish, attractive and never busy. There were always loungers free and the pool was never crowded.
The hotel is not on the beach. You have to cross a lane and walk approximately 30m to reach the beach. A further 60-70m further along the lane is the Cafe des Arts, also owned by the hotel, which is directly on the beach and provides free sun loungers for use by Le Duc guests. The beach itself is a gem. Soft white sand with a shallow slope - ideal for kids. Yes, there was some seaweed. But it's minimal and never a problem. The water is as warm as you would expect of the Indian Ocean, like a bath at times :) but cloudy with sand, being quite shallow. You'll need to travel if you want to snorkel. The beach was never crowded and we always had plenty of space and peace.
Briefly, I dived with Octopus Divers, about 200m from the hotel, and had no complaints. Friendly, safe and well organised. The diving is not up to Maldives standards, but saw sharks, turtles, moray, octopus, lobster and all the usual suspects. I wouldn't travel to the Seychelles specifically to dive but if you're there it's worth the effort.
Whilst celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, we wanted to renew our vows. The initial organising was done via email. The reception/front office staff were courteous and efficient always responding to our, numerous, enquiries promptly. Once at the hotel, Margaret, Cynthia and team were marvellous and had everything under control. They kept us fully informed of all the details and did so efficiently and with great humour. Even when it rained on the day they had 'plan B' ready and everything went smoothly. Thank you :)
A couple of mishaps, the lights in the room fused one night and the air con leaked water another. However, someone was in our room within 10 minutes of reporting the problems and they were fixed quickly and apologies given. The maintenance team were very helpful, friendly, efficient... I see a pattern emerging here!
The hotel is attractive, well kept, with good food and facilities. But it's the people that work there that make all the difference. An exceptional team that deliver first rate customer service. After meeting the owner, Robert, and his family in the restaurant, by the pool and on the beach it's easy to see why. It's a family run hotel that makes its guests feel part of the family. And a genuinely warm family at that.
It's not the cheapest hotel on Praslin, but it delivers very good value for money and exceptional service in a very welcoming atmosphere. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an 'out of this world' location combined with world-class facilities and amenities, it is no wonder that Le Duc de Praslin is often considered as the 'Jewel of Cote D'Or'! It is set on Praslin's outstanding Cote D'Or beach in the Seychelles. The turquoise sea lapping the fine white sand of Cote D'Or beach is your daily playground - just a few steps away from your luxurious retreat amidst lush tropical gardens. Your ideal dream holiday becomes a reality with the widest choice of luxury accommodation and exquisite dining options. Le Duc de Praslin offers the holiday of a lifetime with true Seychellois hospitality and exceptional value. Extensive improvements and new additions to its facilities have won Le Duc de Praslin many awards to position it amongst the best hotels of Seychelles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Duc de Praslin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Duc De Praslin Hotel Praslin Island
- Le Duc De Praslin Island
- Le Duc De Praslin Seychelles/Praslin Island