I was very surprised to read the review posted on 8th September. Judging by the date of posting, we must have stayed at Le Duc at exactly the same time and yet we had a fantastic stay there and a very different experience!
We were holidaying with another family - both parties had terrific, spacious rooms with character overlooking the beautiful gardens. We were not bothered at all by pool cleaning or external builders and the piped music referred to was incredibly subtle – only just audible and was quite pleasant as background music when you were sitting in the bar area in particular.
The staff could not have been friendlier or more accommodating – we all found it a perfect place to relax! And it did have ‘special character’ which will single it out in our memories in years to come.
Yes, the price tag is a hefty one, but I think that is often to be expected from holidays on small, exotic islands – there is always a price to pay for shipping in everything expected by the modern and often demanding traveller these days. And island life can often have its idiosyncracies (like the occasional dip in water pressure). I think you need to take this place for what it is - it’s not a glitz and glamour 5 star hotel (of the type you’d find in Dubai or Abu Dhabi) that is almost clinically perfect…instead, its charm is in its setting, character and atmosphere, ie subtlety over largesse!
Certainly, the food at the Café des Arts was absolutely superb and – for the 8 people in our party – we found the breakfasts and dinners to be very enjoyable.
Agreed – the internet access was a little unreliable from time to time, but I’m not sure you can blame the hotel for that.
We will remember Le Duc for its stunning beachfront (we have travelled extensively and this has to be one of the most stunning in our opinion)….the character of the hotel and grounds….and the warm welcome from the staff. We were sad to leave and would gladly return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an 'out of this world' location combined with world-class facilities and amenities, it is no wonder that Le Duc de Praslin is often considered as the 'Jewel of Cote D'Or'! It is set on Praslin's outstanding Cote D'Or beach in the Seychelles. The turquoise sea lapping the fine white sand of Cote D'Or beach is your daily playground - just a few steps away from your luxurious retreat amidst lush tropical gardens. Your ideal dream holiday becomes a reality with the widest choice of luxury accommodation and exquisite dining options. Le Duc de Praslin offers the holiday of a lifetime with true Seychellois hospitality and exceptional value. Extensive improvements and new additions to its facilities have won Le Duc de Praslin many awards to position it amongst the best hotels of Seychelles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Duc de Praslin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Duc De Praslin Hotel Praslin Island
- Le Duc De Praslin Island
- Le Duc De Praslin Seychelles/Praslin Island