“Excellent”

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Good Variety of wines.I liked a lot the entrance all the way to the exposition hall between the grape trees from both sides.The people there were very welcoming.I recommend this winery.

Visited September 2011

Florida City, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Delicious wine, breathtaking views”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We watched two sundowns here and man we did not want to leave here either. The terrace catches the glorious sun, there was a gentle breeze and the ambiance just personified all things good relaxed and godlike...Waiters extremely attentive although we only drank here and absorbed the views. Do not let this breath taker pass you by if in Santorini..

Visited July 2011
1 Thank jjrocketman
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful Views & Fun Atmosphere"”
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We chose to have our wedding reception at Antoniou Winery in July 2010, after reviewing venues with our wedding planner (Shirley Chiarolanzio from Santorini Wedding Planners - she was fantastic). It was a breathtaking location, and great to have the option of indoor and outdoor areas. Let me tell you why.

Our wedding ceremony was at Anastasi Greek Orthodox Church in Imerovigli - it was a breathtaking church and setting and the perfect size for our group of 45 people. The wedding was at 6 p.m. and we bussed everyone to Antoniou for the reception at 7:30 so they had time to enjoy the views and sunset before dinner.

The winery is cliffside with a great view; however you can only see the sunset from the top of the winery...you actually descend some stairs to the dining/dancing area. We used Antoniou's bar service and they set a bar up at the top during that time so the views could be enjoyed. Don't get me wrong - the views are still great from other areas, but for the sunset you had to be at the top of the stairs.

We hired a separate caterer for the event and they set up down the stairs near the kitchen so unfortunately the guests did have to go back and forth, but no one seemed to mind. I did warn all guests in advance to bring sandals because the walk around the place was tedious - between the stairs and the cobblestones the right shoes were necessary for comfort. Even the bathroom was down a separate flight of steps. It's a great venue but would not work if you had people with special needs (elderly, etc.) with you. Everyone was happy they had flippers.

We really wanted to have our full reception outside, however the day of the wedding it was just too windy - literally stuff would have blown off the table if we were outside so we had to move in. Luckily they had a nice inside space, so we just had dinner in there, and then moved outside after dinner for dancing. The DJ and Bar we're set up out there the whole time, and it worked out well - no one got too hot dancing and we had more room since the tables we're inside. I would never want to take the chance on an outside party without having a backup plan so I'm glad that we had one. However, we pretty much filled the room with our 7 tables and the food, so I don't know if that space would work if you were a much bigger party.

Happy to answer questions about our experience at Antoniou and in general, so feel free to reach out. Our wedding planner did an excellent job and I would recommend her to anyone, particularly if you are looking for something a little different. All the vendors she subcontracted we're great also (hair, dj, boat cruise, etc.) Also, everyone raved about the food at the reception, so I would recommend our caterer as well (Spicy Bites). They also catered a boat cruise we did with guests - in that case the food was so-so (sandwiches) but the service was excellent and a good value.

Darlington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Stunning setting”
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We have just returned from Santorini where we were married at Antoniou Winery. I am so glad that we chose this winery and not Santo Winery which is not as private and does one wedding after the other.

Upon arriving on the island Michael (our wedding planner www.weddings-in-santorini.com) met us to go through final details and to take us to the winery for us to have a look round. I also liked the fact the venue had an indoors incase of inclement weather. Anything you asked for was no problem to Michael.

The day arrived and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. The winery had been beautifully decorated. The view was breathtaking and we got some fantastic photos.

We also held our reception at the winery. The food was delicious (although it would have served double the amount of guests we had - best to have too much than not enough i suppose) and the staff were really freindly and kept the wine/soft drinks topped up. Our wedding cake was also delicious. We opted not to get a band/disco and took our own music played via our own ipod speakers and the toliets were the best I'd been to on the whole island.

All our guests commented on how it was such a romantic/breaktaking setting and I would highly recommend being married here (and using the wedding planners mentioned above).

4 Thank lizzafezza
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“The BEST place to get married in Santorini”
Reviewed 7 July 2009

My Fiancee and I have just returned from our wedding in Santorini. First of all, we wanted to say that there is no better place to get married in the world! It was the most romantic, lovliest place with fantastic food, gorgeous views and crystal clear sea. Paradise!

For our wedding we did alot of research. We first looked at the most popular place, Santo Winery to get married. We did not like Santo Winery for the following reasons. They have one wedding after another during the day, sometimes up to 5 weddings and we felt that we didn't want our wedding to feel so unpersonal with a bride and groom and entourage queuing up behind us. Also Santo Winery is massive with wine tasting throughout the day, you just never feel that you get privacy. It is cheap for a reason and feels cheap too.
We also looked at upmarket boutique hotels along the Caldera, (Caldera views are a must to get married in Santorini! the view takes your breath away!! trust me!) . The problem with them is that the places to get married are usually around the pool, again you get on-lookers and never feel that it is private, nothing worse than people in their swimming trunks while you are geting married!! :-) Also, hotels are hotels, not wedding venues, so they run as hotels as their prime business.
Santorini is world famous for its wine, and we were keen on a winery that mixed the sea views and a unique settng. We then checked out Antoniou Winery and it was picture perfect, absolutely gorgeous and exactly what we wanted. Romance, privacy and a stunning view. Yes, it is a bit more expensive but it is soo, so worth it. We had the place to ourselves. It has an unspoilt view and also indoor space that can cater too and sheltered from the wind, which I am told, can wreak havoc at some venues with a brides hair!!
We had lots of fun on the island to, the boat trip to the volcano is pretty cool, you get to see an active volcano and also we enjoyed hiring quad bikes to travel round the island. Santorini has the added bonus of an airport on the island which is great and also you can island hop to nearby islands such as Naxos.
Our guests had a fabulous time and were so pleased we had chosen Santorini and Antoniou winery as our wedding location as Santorini is one of the top ten places to go to! All in all, sunshine, romance and fun, what more could you want?!

32 Thank felsteadf