“Best hotel so far”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Megalochori
munich
“Best hotel so far”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in Suites of the Gods for our honeymoon. The experience was completely amazing. We had a great time there. The staff was very helpful and responded to our every request. Be sure to book the yacht tour in the hotel it is really worth it. I recommend this hotel to every couple looking for a romantic getaway.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Juancho_catracho

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

When i First saw the hotel i knew that my dream wedding will be true. We got married on 15th August during the sunset under an arch of roses. The ceremony was perfect as i wanted to be. later we had dinner at the hotel's restaurant which was delicious. The atmosphere there was perfect. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and although we had booked a junior suite we had a Free upgrade to a master suite room 203. The room was comfortable, quiet and clean with a wonderful caldera view. The next morning we had breakfast at the restaurant which was delicious too.The staff at the reception told us to do a spa treatment and so did the couple WHO stayed next to us, but unfortunatelly we didn't booked earlier for a spa treatment at the hotel's spa and so we had no time for that. The staff was so kind and helpful everytime and nothing was ever to much for them. We felt like kings and queens each day of our stay. Thank you for this memorable experience. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Munster, Indiana
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The property is decent. The breakfasts are good and the morning server was quite nice. Sorry, but my favorable comments stop right here. One would think that if the office opens at nine, someone should be there. You'll be lucky if they show by 10. If you enter the office during the day, make sure you do it quietly, so as to not disturb the staff who will probably be sleeping in the back office. If you do wake them, allow them a minute or to gather their thoughts. They'll probably want to try to remember what lie they told you last. These people can really ruin your day. We had a number of problems, so the day before our departure I made it a point to remind them three times that we had a 7:00 A.M. flight and would like a cab or some form of transportation at 5 A.M. They assured me and my wife that this was a given. They also assured us that they would leave a little something to eat and some juice in the room while we were out to dinner so we would have something to eat before the cab arrived. None of the above happened. The snack wasn't a big deal, but the failure of Eva (host) to arrange for our transportation to the airport was a disaster. We didn't see anyone in the office until about 10:00 A.M. Then the lies started. Nobody would admit a thing. Finally, lovely Eva arranged for us to get to the airport for a flight later in the day to take us to Crete, our next destination. I had to pay over $600.00 for the second flight or I was stuck at The Suites of the Gods. Knowing that the flight we missed had already been paid for, she assured me in that the amount, dollar for dollar would be credited to my bank card the next day. Well, that didn't happen either. Keep in mind that this facility is in the middle of nowhere, no staff and no traffic. I tried to call the phone number posted on the office door, all for nothing, no answer. It took us 6 months to get our funds back and I don't even want to discuss what we had to do. That being said, I would encourage you to go to Santorini. Actually, we found it to be quite nice. But for God's sake, please don't stay here. Keep in mind that this is the first bad review I have ever written about anything in my life. I will write one more about the travel agency that tried to deny me the refund for the second flight. We've been all over the world and this was our first bad experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank basildemi
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful place! As soon as you walk into the reception area you are met with amazing views over the caldera. All the staff there are lovely and make you feel so welcome, nothing is too much trouble for them. They even have a free shuttle bus down to the beach.

Can't wait to say my vows here in the summer :-)

See you soon guys!!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have never been so disappointed at a Spa before.

It really felt like a seedy place from the dark corridors you are led down to the robes with holes in them without the rope to tie the robe up. My friend and I had asked for two separate massages, but were put in the same room. The massage was not the right pressure, the bathroom you shower in was a toilet with a small sink and shower attached to the wall.

To be honest, I just wanted to get out of there. I didn't feel relaxed at all.

Completely disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dominical, Costa Rica
Reviewed 2 March 2014

perfect and memorable stay...Suites of the Gods Cave Spa Hotel is really elegant. There is marvelous view on the hotel platform. Excellent Service and good location and breakfast. We are treated as gods and regret just booked one night there.

Room Tip: Book the Honeymoon cave suite with heart shape window...most romantic room ever....
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angela b
London, England
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Suites of the Gods has large, well air-conditioned rooms, most of which face the pool and have a hilltop view over the whole caldera. It has quite a traditional Greek feel to it, with the whitewashed walls and simple style. Breakfast can be taken on the balcony, and all the hotel staff are extremely friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. The food was delicious and the drinks fantastic, although I was on the mocktails.

So I don't know why I was vaguely dissatisfied. I think it's just that it was quite expensive, and for that price I expected attention to detail. Greece is not a destination that lends itself to detail, so I think within context, all the little glitches are just part of the fun. When we arrived we found the previous occupant's empty coke cans in the fridge; as I say, not a big deal, but it was also a little bit disappointing that the huge, beautifully tiled bath was slightly leaky and filled very slowly.
The location of the hotel is very remote, and as you're advised not to drink the tap water, we ended up with a daily walk down the side of a busy road to the nearest bakery, which was half a mile away. Obviously we could have ordered water, but they charged substantial prices for one litre, and over the course of the two weeks we stayed I think that would have cost us about £30. I guess I expected them to throw in free drinking water, really, and I probably only found it a bit frustrating because I was six months pregnant - ordinarily I wouldn't have minded a little walk.

We had no problem catching the local bus, and we did rent a car one day to get around. In the evenings we took taxis into Fira if we wanted to go out, or wandered around the hilltop town nearby, can't remember the name now though. The hotel also provided a shuttle down to the beach. The walk up to ancient Thira from the beach is fantastic, and really not hard - about an hour's uphill.The ruins are quite well preserved and you get a lovely view of the other side of the island.

I didn't really get to experience much of the spa, as they have a rather old-fashioned attitude to pregnancy, i.e. do nothing at all. Got a pedicure though, which was nice.

Room Tip: Room 101 was nice - we were given it because it was closest to reception and had the least stairs.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Megalochori
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Calderas Dolphin Suites
Calderas Dolphin Suites
#3 of 7 in Megalochori
Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa

Been to Suites of the Gods Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!