“Every one will find something for themselves”
Review of The Pink Palace

The Pink Palace
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Agios Gordios
Reviewed 14 August 2011

from my holiday I expected only two things: sea and sun. Of course both were guaranteed in Corfu. I did not look for any fancy hotel, just wanted a place to stay as I don't spend my holiday in the room. Of course when booking I said exactly what I wanted (single room, relatively quiet and preferably rather affordable). Well, when arrived in Corfu I got it all. Fantastic place with a view, terrace,clean, cleaned every day, air conditioned, plenty of space for my stuff. Actually I spent morre time in my room than I've expected. It was just so nice to relax and read a little on theterrace looking on the sunset.

The hostel complex streches out over several buildings. For example for breakfast you need to walk to the building at the beach. On the first day I admit I got bit tired (but I am not 20 anymore) but got used to it quickly and actually was thankful for this bit more movement after having eaten massive breakfast. Breakfast was a buffet: bread, ham salami, cheese, eggs, saussages, cereals, yoghurt, water melon, coffee and tea as I mentioned in massive amounts and nicely prepared and served.
The dinner, also included in price! was very tasty (every day) enough to feed a family! soup, salad and main meal. In addition to that many could help themselves to pasta aswell.
The complex is situated on the hill, it takes about 5-10 min (depends hoe quick you are) to get to the centre of the village or bus stop, although buses stop very often in front of the hostel to let people in or out.
Two other pensions have swimming pools free to use for every one, and they are literally few minutes away from the pink palace.
The beach is pebbles but free chairs are provided and only few steps in the water there is sand.
Plenty to do: kayaking; water skiing and other sports a bit further away, again 10 min walk from the pink palace beach.
It is a hostel, a lot of young people, backpacking and drinking a lot, and a lot of young people who are not drinking a lot but can not afford a hotel. You can meet every one there. I am rather a quiet person myself and despite having these fun loving youth around me I must say that I was not disturbed even once! There were parties, music, drinks, fun...if you don't want you don't have to participate. But you might also enjoy it a bit, than as I mentioned you meet many people. I have met many, many of the could be my children, I they were nice polite, friendly, cheerful. There were also families with young children and I did not hear anyone complain.
I had great time in Pink Palace, great service, helpful staff, excellent food for very small price. If you are not snobby expensive hotel type, it is definitely good place to stay in.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Joanna P

Reviewed 4 July 2011

My friends and I have been traveling around Europe together and were told that we absolutely had to make a stop in Corfu at The Pink Palace. We were recommended to go by word of mouth and never checked any online reviews. After a wonderful stay of 4 nights we thought it was worth raving about for others to read. We were very pleased with the clean, air conditioned rooms and the dining experience was satisfying and different from any other. At first we expected just the typical hostel that is oriented towards the young backpacker party scene and we were definitely able to find that. However we also came across many families who were staying in a separate area of The Pink Palace and enjoying their stay just as much as the young travelers. They said that they had been a little worried when they first arrived but were quickly reassured that their vacation would be wonderful by the attitude and helpfulness of the staff. We were shocked to read the negative reviews regarding children and families. The Pink Palace has dedicated and an area of its property to better suit the families that are staying with them, and see to it that their stay is exciting, relaxing, and amazing just as they do for all their travelers.

Overall our stay was what we decided to call a backpackers vacation. When we arrived we were thrilled to have the opportunity to relax in a beautiful place and socialize in a totally unique environment. The Pink Palace encourages all of its travelers to socialize all day through activities, excursion, and even the dining becomes a social event. This was an absolutely irreplaceable stop on our trip and we will continue to recommend it to other travelers throughout the rest of our trip.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Please do not stay here if you are a family or have young children-totally unsuitable! This place is suited to young backpackers wanting a good time and by that I mean lots of sex and drinking. This is even encouraged by the staff, many who will drink night after night in the hostels bar and then sleep with guests! It is almost cult like and staff seem to not want guests to venture out of the hostel into the town. Which by the way is not even five mins walk down the road and has some great restaurants.
Breakfast and dinner is included, with the latter being quite good and very large portions- 3 courses. Activites are not included such as the booze cruise, kayaking, quad biking etc and staff will continuously harass guests to go on these excursions!
Corfu itself is very lovely with great beaches and worth visiting but if you don't want to have sex/be made to feel uncomfortable etc there are other places to stay! Rooms are quite small with no tv but there is air con and rooms were in good condition and very clean :)

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Worldtravelle
Reviewed 18 April 2011

we have just returned from a holiday at the pink palace in corfu. i was with my 2 children and husband. we had a lovely time there. we wish we knew about this place earlier because its a great place for families and individuals to have a fun time on a budget.

the staff were very friendly. they were great with my children. they provided us with balls for the beach and the basketball hoop and we went kayaking aswell, which my kids enjoyed very much.

we stayed in the hotel section of pink palace., which is very peaceful and quiet. there are also hostel rooms further down on the beachfront. the staff at the pink palace were very accommodating, the rooms were clean and spacious.

the food was also good. the meals were traditional greek and very tasty.

i would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to corfu who is on a budget and wants a clean and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank elisjaanson
Reviewed 16 April 2011

we stayed in the pink palace for 1 week. we had a really great time here. there was lots to do.

it was great to have the pink palace bus waiting for us at the port early in the morning.
the receptionist was very helpful. she told us about corfu and the different activities pink palace provides.

our room was very clean, infact cleaners came in everyday. the room was more like a hotel than a hostel, 2 bunks which were comfortable and a lot of space. we also had a balcony with an amzing view of the beach.

they provide free breakfast and 3 course dinner. very good food and filling.

we went on a quad bike safari which was great fun. beautiful views of corfu. we also did the kayak safari. a really nice way to spend the day and the guide was very friendly and fun. we spent lots of time at the beach on sunbeds, which pink palace provides. they have books in reception aswell, great for when you want to chillout.
there is also a volleyball court near the jacuzzi. we had a group of people play volleyball aswell. plenty to do during the days.

the staff were really helpful and friendly, always up for a chat and a laugh. we had a great time at pink palace. definitely reccommend it, we'll be coming back.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank backpacker_2011_23
Reviewed 11 March 2011

I have traveled quite a bit and do not expect much from backpacker accommodation but The Pink Palace takes budget accommodation to a new low. The staff is by far the worst I have ever encountered in all my travels. They are not only unhelpful but rude, offensive and have no comprehension of customer service. Please do not stay at this hotel there is much better to offer on this beautiful island.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Wuntyme
Reviewed 4 March 2011

So if you want to go somewhere where all you do is drink until your liver rots...yeah, this place is for you. but seriously, that has to be all you expect out of a stay here.

Let me preface this by saying that I havent checked out the website recently, so I dont know if they have changed their advertisements to be more honest. When my friend and I were planning out greek island adventures, their website advertised beautiful beaches and a butt load of water sports/activities. The reality is, there is no beach. there's water...but there's no sand. rocks. big rocks.little rocks. medium sized rocks. sharp rocks. you get the picture. they at least have sun chairs though. You do however have the option of walking a mile down from the hotel to get to a beach that has sand, but is still no where as nice as Ios. (seriously, just go to Ios and save yourself some money).

Water sports...there's a kayak safari...but thats it. no tubing, no water skis...oh yeah, you can wade in the water to your neck to get onto a dinky little boat for the "boose cruise." Neither booze nor dock included. (no joke).

Also, one should mention that you have to walk about a half mile downhill to get to the beach from your room. This trip will include about 8 flights of stairs....god forbid you forget your sunblock on the way because there is no going back. There is also nothing around the pink palace...there's nowhere to go and nothing to do. they trap you on location so you have no choice but to spend all your money there....or walk to the small town that's by the actual beach.

good points: rooms are cleaned every day, you can get rooms with functional AC, the 4 wheeler safari is actually fun, and the food they serve is pretty good. They have dance parties and things at night, but literally the highlight of every day is getting hammered by 8pm. Not my idea of a vacation. Also, if you are traveling from Athens, they dont pick you up on a huge bus with restroom included as advertised, its more of a short yellow school bus with a drunk driver behind the wheel.

Seriously, just go to ios Far Out Beach Club. Rooms are cheaper (and nicer...17euro vs 25) And the resort is across the street from the most beautiful beach. tons of water sports, and if you wanna get shitfaced you can take a short shuttle bus into town, but you also dont need to be surrounded by drunks 24-7.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Romantic Palace Hotel
Romantic Palace Hotel
#4 of 13 in Agios Gordios
Mediterranean Blue Resort

Been to The Pink Palace? Share your experiences!