from my holiday I expected only two things: sea and sun. Of course both were guaranteed in Corfu. I did not look for any fancy hotel, just wanted a place to stay as I don't spend my holiday in the room. Of course when booking I said exactly what I wanted (single room, relatively quiet and preferably rather affordable). Well, when arrived in Corfu I got it all. Fantastic place with a view, terrace,clean, cleaned every day, air conditioned, plenty of space for my stuff. Actually I spent morre time in my room than I've expected. It was just so nice to relax and read a little on theterrace looking on the sunset.
The hostel complex streches out over several buildings. For example for breakfast you need to walk to the building at the beach. On the first day I admit I got bit tired (but I am not 20 anymore) but got used to it quickly and actually was thankful for this bit more movement after having eaten massive breakfast. Breakfast was a buffet: bread, ham salami, cheese, eggs, saussages, cereals, yoghurt, water melon, coffee and tea as I mentioned in massive amounts and nicely prepared and served.
The dinner, also included in price! was very tasty (every day) enough to feed a family! soup, salad and main meal. In addition to that many could help themselves to pasta aswell.
The complex is situated on the hill, it takes about 5-10 min (depends hoe quick you are) to get to the centre of the village or bus stop, although buses stop very often in front of the hostel to let people in or out.
Two other pensions have swimming pools free to use for every one, and they are literally few minutes away from the pink palace.
The beach is pebbles but free chairs are provided and only few steps in the water there is sand.
Plenty to do: kayaking; water skiing and other sports a bit further away, again 10 min walk from the pink palace beach.
It is a hostel, a lot of young people, backpacking and drinking a lot, and a lot of young people who are not drinking a lot but can not afford a hotel. You can meet every one there. I am rather a quiet person myself and despite having these fun loving youth around me I must say that I was not disturbed even once! There were parties, music, drinks, fun...if you don't want you don't have to participate. But you might also enjoy it a bit, than as I mentioned you meet many people. I have met many, many of the could be my children, I they were nice polite, friendly, cheerful. There were also families with young children and I did not hear anyone complain.
I had great time in Pink Palace, great service, helpful staff, excellent food for very small price. If you are not snobby expensive hotel type, it is definitely good place to stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pink Palace Hotel & Hostel. *Sea view En suite, A/C hotel rooms * We also have separate buildings with sea view en suite A/C hostel rooms *Free pickup upon arrival anytime between 06.30 and 22:30 from Corfu port/airport/bus station when booking two nights or more. For guests staying only one night, there is a pickup fee of 7€ between 6:30 am and 10:30pm. *Free WiFi *24 Hour Reception/Shop/Bar/Snacks *Free safe boxes *Daily Happy Hour/s *Daytime Activities: 4-Wheeler Quad Safari, Booze Cruise, Kayak Safari, Ouzo Cup Volleyball, Regional Tours *Nightly activities including Flip Cup and Beer Pong *Free sun loungers *Internet and computer access *Laundry Service *Jacuzzi *Private Beach with all water sports available *Quad & Car Hire *Kayak & Snorkel Hire *Air Conditioned Rooms *Travel Desk/Travel Info *Credit Cards & Paypal Accepted *Free Parking *Guided Tours *Cliff Diving *Full Service Restaurant *Free Games/Chess/Ping Pong ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Pink Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pink Palace Hotel Corfu
- Pink Palace Corfu
- Pink Palace Hotel Corfu
- The Pink Palace Agios Gordios, Corfu