“Amazing Apartments”
Review of Irene Apartments

Irene Apartments
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Agios Gordios
Reviewed 30 January 2012

we loved these apartments, so clean and new and the pool area is to die for, plenty of sunbeds, great food and pool bar, we want to come back soon, very friendly owners

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank catgirl27

Reviewed 25 September 2011

after reading the reviews we decided on a studio flat ,had just what needed and was cleaned regulary the staff were very friendly and helpful ,it has a great pool and bar area and is spotless ,its that good at the pool other tourists use it from other hotels and they are made welcome ,we would recommend these apartments to all our friends ,and would definirtely go back

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marcteresa
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We are addicted to going to this place and have been 5 times in the last 10 years! The apartments are everything you want, spacious and clean, all with lovely balconies, tv and dvd players and kitchenettes (if you really feel the urge to cook for yourself - but what the heck - it's a holiday - you should be eating out!!) The pool area is really lovely, a little paddling pool for the small ones and the rest of the bigger pool to swim and play around in. The whole pool area is not too big or crowded, plenty of loungers, a nice grassy area, covered area with tables and chairs if you want to get out of the heat for a while, toilets and of course the bar! Fantastic fresh BBQ food served during the day as well as all the usual snacks, ice creams and cocktails. Chilled out tunes pumping out around the pool while you admire the fantastic mountain views. Yannis, Greg and his family are always working hard to keep the place immaculate and the gardens behind that Spiros looks after are the source of much of the salad and other fresh vegetables served at the bar. If you get the boys involved in a bit of banter then you will be guaranteed a good laugh as well!
Agios Geordis itself is a wonderful little resort, great for couples and younger families - not a shred of the 18-30 (lads/gals stag and hen do's) in sight. What you get are loads of lovely restaurants, cafe's and snack bars all along the winding road down to the beach. The beach has it's pebbly areas, but plenty of sandy patches as well and fantastic water for snorkelling and taking out a pedalo. The people there are amazing - friendly, fun and really welcoming, which i guess is why we keep going back!

Room Tip: Choose a room with pool views if you can
6  Thank Aime M
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I was introduced to Irene Apartments by two of my closest friends who have been travelling to Agios Gorgios for 10 years now. They have been going on about this place for years so I decided that I would follow along on one of their trips. The first time I went there was in 2009 and I instantly fell in love with this little piece of heaven. I have only just returned from two weeks there this year and I must say my love for this place just grows with each visit. I was rather nervous about ravelling as I am now a patient with kidney failure and I require plugging into a machine or 9 hours per night. I was initially worried that I would not be welcome or it would be too much trouble to accomodate someone in my position as I do require a hell of lot of medical equipment which needed to be shipped out before my arival. However, I emailed Yannis and he agreed that everything would be fine and I would be welcome to stay. When I arived Yannis had alrady ensured that my medical equipment wa safe and in good condition. The room was a nicely decorated with a tv an a dvd player wjhich were easy to use. The room was clean and the air conditioning worked well, although as it was a basement flat I was in due to my medical equipment I hardly used it in all honesty. Each room has a balcony where you can sit outside and enjoy the morning sun or the evening, whichever you prefer. A short walk to the pool bar where they serve a full menu, breakfast, lunch and dinner with Bbqs every Wed and Sunday night. Yannis and Greg are the main people you will meet at the pool bar, both are hard working, humorous and a highlight of the holiday. The pool, although not a swimming pool, but classed as a splash pool is spacious enough for the kids to play and the adults to swim. plenty of sun loungers are available and poolside table service is a nice touch. I will certainly be going back as it has become a ery special place in my heart. I originally fell ill with kidney failure when in Agios Gorgios and after my return this year I can only feel more love for this little piece of heaven. The place is full of wonderful people who bend over backwards to make you feel welcome, I am thinking of George in the local shop who pulled me aside on my second day and said I know you, you hav been here before. I had, but how he remembers with all the multitude of people streaming through of a summer I just dont know, but it made me feel welcome. If you want a very realxing, quiet and peaceful holiday then you could do worse. Greg & Yannis I'll se you next year and hopefully you have not sold my dialysis machine on the black market. lol.

4  Thank Nightman2011
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We arrived at corfu airport in the middle of the taxi strike, as the owner of the apartments had arranged a taxi collection for us we wasn,t sure if anyone would meet us or not, but they had sent a member of staff to fetch us, to which we were very grateful as I,m not sure what we would have done. it only took 20mins to get to the apartments. we had 2 apartments booked for the week but when we arrived neither or them was ready, so we had to wait 1 hour at 2.00pm, it was very hot so we got changed at the pool toilets and the kids jumped in the pool. when we got our rooms they were next to each other up 1 flight of stairs facing towards the pool, the rooms were nice well equipt with small kitchen area, very small bathroom, nice balcony, the room also had a flat screen tv and dvd player,and airconditioning.
The location of the apartments was good at the top of the centre of the village, a 5 min stroll to the beach.
The pool was nice, quite small, but with plenty of sunbeds, a nice bar which served drinks, snacks and icecreams.
All in all the apartmentents were adequate for our needs, Agios Gordios is a very pretty village, small and very quiet, the beach is ok but pebbly when you first enter the sea, unless you walk along the boardwalk for another 100 yards towards the Aquis where the beach is better, here there is a watersport place where you can hire pedlos, kayaks as well as waterski and be pulled on the back of the speed boat in tyres, the people at the watersports were very nice and friendly,
we also hired a jeep from Rolandos which is next door to the apartments and we went to Aqualand, which was a good day out and we also went to Corfu town which was lovely.
We had a very good time here, which would have been even better if it was just a bit more livley.

2  Thank holsfran
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The room was nice but that is where the compliments end. The owner was rude to us as soon as we arrived. Apparently we were early, despite being on the sceduled flight, and had to wait 2 hours for our room to be made ready. This was not much fun in the mid day heat with a 2 year old child to entertain. The owner was continually rude all week, and things repeatedly went missing from our room. Do yourself a favour and give this place a wide berth.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank sunseeker888186298
irene12, Owner at Irene Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2011

why

Reviewed 31 December 2010

This is a lovely family running a clean and nice hotel, a nice pool area with the best bartenders and service guys. Have been at this resort 8 times and going back in may 2011. If you want an relaxing holiday this is the place to be. Nice small relaxing town with the greek hospitality. Runi

• Stayed: May 2010