“...a real small paradise :)”

Dina's Paradise Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Agios Gordios
Bratislava, Slovakia
“...a real small paradise :)”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Nice garden with refreshing pool and shady barbecue area,
amazing sea view (sunset incl.) - and really from each room,
spacious studios (our in ground floor had a huge terrace),
although not new, but everything spotless clean and well kept.
Helpful and very friendly owners will give you useful hints.
Large and tidy sandy beach within 10 min walk (a part of the way back really uphill, but you will be recompensed by the panoramatic view...)
We would DEFINITELY recommend it!

On the beach at least 3 tavernas offering free sunbeds for their customers.
Sea a little bit colder, every 2 day waves, but clean and beach not too crowded.

Further tips: Taverna Avra, Prasoudi beach,
Corfu Donkey rescue (see home page).

1 Thank Slavuscha

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
Edinburgh
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The beautiful views and sunsets have been well-described in previous reviews, as has the incredibly warm welcome provided by Dina and Vasilis.
We stayed in two of the top floor apartments - numbers 10 and 11, and so had spacious balconies, with really wonderful views.
The apartments themselves are basic, but spacious, and very clean. Our double beds were reasonably comfortable, and the showers were good, with plenty of hot water available. The air-conditioning in the bedrooms was effective.
I loved having free wifi in our apartments, balcony, and around the pool area.
The garden areas around the pool and apartments were well-cared for, and beautiful.
The pool area was also lovely. However, the pool itself was quite small - perfectly adequate for a dip to keep cool, and a gentle swim, but not for doing lengths or exercising.
During the second half of our week, the pool and surrounding area was a lovely, peaceful haven, with a beautiful tree providing shade, the wonderful views over the sea, and almost complete silence.
However, during our first few days, two german families had taken up residence by the pool, and seemed to have little awareness of the impact of their young children shrieking as they played in the water. This would have been less noticeable in a larger swimming pool.
Several previous reviewers have mentioned the hill and steps leading up to the apartments. Altogether there are nearly 100 steps leading up to the top floor apartments, and they are quite testing, even for fit people, in the heat of the afternoon sun. I did feel that I was burning off the extra holiday calories,
There was a five or ten minute walk down to the village or to the beach. The latter was beautiful, with clean sand and water - ideal for swimming.
The village was not so much a Greek village, as a strip of restaurants, bars, and shops selling tourist goods. The prices of food in supermarkets was very expensive - some items costing twice as much as they would have in British supermarkets

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Alison069
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We have been to Corfu many times over the years and stayed at different resorts and Agios Gordios remains our favourite destination for R & R . It is our third time at Dina's Paradise and there will deffinately be many more spent there as it has a special feel about it - partly due to the excellent facilities and partly due to the warm welcome and hospitality given by Dina & Billy.
The apartments are typical Greek charm decor. The kitchen is well equipped with all utensils, pots pans etc. There is a large fridge with ice box, a cooker & hob (which we never used but looked functional),table & chairs for sitting area and always a nice flower in vase.
The bathroom is a good size. It had a shower - I must admit I dont really like showers and much prefer a good soak in a bath however the water pressure is amazing - Its like getting an all over massage ! When I got home my shower seemed like a piddle in comparison. Always hot water.
The bedroom is comfortable with plenty of clothes space and drawers, The bed is comfortable and chaged regularly. Even the pillows were ok, something I usually find is not the case in many places - hence I bought my own but didnt need it.
The air conditioning is very good. I especially liked the fact that it was remote controlled as myself and husband are not on the same body temp at any time, so at least when we were in bed we could adjust the temperature without having to get up.
The maid came everyday and it was always cleaned thoroughly - she even washed up for us which we greatly appreciated as we are not very good about doing it until we run out of plates and cups.
Our balcony was just perfect ! Nice table and chairs and a sun umbrella. We spent many evenings sitting watching the sun set which was beautiful. Word of warning - there are resident cats and if you dont like cats then don't feed them and they won't bother to visit you. We do like cats and always find them amusing especially the kittens and we were happy to give them little scraps although they are quite well fed and looked after by Dina and Billy.
Use good mosquito repellent because there are mossies about in the evening - I got a big bite on my eye which was unfortunate as it looked like a big eye sty. We saw a lady at the doctors who was covered in bites - she came out the doctors with hundreds of dots of cream on her legs which proved to us that our lotion was at least working well.
The pool is lovely. Never a shortage of beds, chairs or umbrellas. Pool is always clean. This is another thing that makes Dinas so special - it is usually very quiet around the pool and you can totally relax or even drift of to sleep and the setting and views are beautiful. You can see the sea from the pool and balconies and down into the village but also the greenery and countryside. I always take my travel binoculars with me and if like me you like birds then have a good look at the big rocks to find some more unusual birds.
The computer room is nice ( by the pool and toilets). I like to keep in contact with our kids whilst away and sometimes this has proven difficult in some countries but I never had a problem at all connecting with internet. I believe WiFi is available too.
I know it has been mentioned in previous reviews that the hill up to Dinas is steep. Yes it is and we always have to stop half way up for a little rest, but on the plus side it is a nice walk if you appreciate flowers and plants as Dina & Billy really look after all the plants. Look out for the tree up the hill that is decorated with CDs. We thought it was decoration but Billy in fact put them there to keep the birds from eating the figs. Billy gave us a few figs and they were by far the best I have ever eaten. Dina also has a vegetable garden and they taste much better then the poor veg we buy from supermarkets. The lemons are huge and smell and taste of lemons ! I made some lemon tea with them which was nice.
If you are a keen gardener then you will be impressed !!
I would say that this is really a quiet and relaxing place and if the hill has to be climbed to get to it then it is worth it to get away from all the usual noise and tourists. There is a little pool for kiddies but not much else for them. Our kids are all grown up now but we used to choose resorts and hotels more equipped for children and I would suggest that if you have children or teenagers who like a bit more action then look at the resort Sidari or go nearer the beach area in Agios - there is a bigger complex there called Sea Breeze which looks better for families ( thats why we dont stay there ). That aside there were a few young children staying at Dinas who for the most part were quiet and didnt disturb the peace and tranquillity.
The beach is nice and I love the fact that you can sit on the beach looking at the sea and you can also admire the green hills and rocks. Special mention to Joyce who runs the area of beach near Theodores ( toward Thomson Gold hotel). This is the best bit of the beach and Joyce is on her feet all day cleaning, raking the sand and looking after all her sunbed customers. There are other areas of beach where the sunbeds are free if you drink in the bars near them but they get more crowded. Joyce charges 8 Euros for a pair of sunbeds and umbrella and there is a good spacing between beds and each bed has a table, bin and ashtray and Joyce is always cleaning them. You can get drinks from the bars and take them to your beds which the bars are ok with but do ask you to return glasses.
I highly recommend Sebastians restuarant. We have eaten there for the last 3 years and have never had a bad meal. The Calamari is really good as are potatoes and the Sofredo and Kleftiko - ah its all good !!!
My husband is allergic to wasps and not for the first time whilst abroad he was stung on the beach and went into anaphylactic shock. I had the injections on me to give to him incase of such an incident but still required medical help quickly. Joyce who I have mentioned was fantastic and was able to call the doctor and she even found some nurses who were on the beach. The doctor was there within 15 minutes to take care of my husband who was reacting well to the drugs I had already given him. Fortunately my husband was Ok although he refused to go to hospital but I needed help to get him back to the apartments. Joyce phoned Dina and Billy very kindly came to the beach in his car to pick us up. We got my husband back and although recovered quite well he was weak and still in danger of going back into shock. As we didnt have any food in and he was not well enough to go out to eat Dina cooked us a lovely dinner and bought it to our apartment. Im not suggesting you try anything as drastic as we did to taste Dinas Greek cooking and her fresh home grown veg but lucky us because it was really tasty. Billy and Dina also took us to the doctors the next morning in the car and collected the prescriptions from the next village. The doctors were really good and spoke good english which is reassuring.
There were not that many wasps this time of year and we avoid August / September for this reason so it was very unfortunate it happened
When something so terrible happens to your partner on holiday it can be very frightening and can make you feel so alone. To sum up what is so special about Dinas Paradise is that I DIDN'T feel alone. The essence of this place is that Billy and Dina really care about their guests and will go out of their way to help with anything, whether that is practical help of friendly reassurance. I know that if I need help I can ask for it because it is a very personal place run by special people. The wasps wont prevent us from going again although we will always avoid peak wasp time. It almost hurts to write such a good review because I would love to keep this place a closely guarded secret so it is never fully booked and we can always get a holiday there but hey....Dinas Paradise really is a lovely place so I had to share.

1 Thank Ladyclips
Leeds
Reviewed 15 July 2011

This is our 2nd visit to Dina's, having been ill for the majority of our stay with tonsillitis in June 2010. As everybody says, Dina and Vasilli are the perfect hosts, cannot do enough for you... we ate out with them one night at a non-tourist taverna a couple of miles down the coast from Agios Gordios, and it was absolutely fantastic, not to mention dirt cheap!! their special is macaroni and king prawns, and the sauce was to die for.
Ok, so there is a monstrous hill, but it is worth it for the views. We were sat out till 8pm most nights watchin the sun go down, as it was far too hot at that time to consider walking down for dinner. We had the pool to ourselves for the majority of the time, perfect if you want peace and quiet,, never ever had to "reserve" a sunbed at some ridiculously early morning time,, there are plenty to go around, as well as brollies...
Best restaurant for us was Zephros on the beach,,, did a fantastic lunch for 14euro, meze, salad and carafe of wine for 2,, bargain!
I would definitely recommend this to all couples looking for rest and relaxation, but seriously think twice if you have any problems walking or climbing hills/steps..... ahhhh, oh to be back there,, only been back a few hours and missing it already.....

1 Thank chappers565
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2011

This has been like a second home to me for a long time, I went on holiday with my parents and sister to Dinas Paradise Apartments several time when I was a young boy, then through to my teenage years and I am now 23 and have taken by partner for 4 consecutive years.

I can honestly saw that you will find it difficult no matter where you go in the world to top the quality of hospitality, views and all round experience that you get when you stay at Dinas Paradise Apartments.

The apartments are always 100% clean, they are cleaned everyday except on a Sunday, the cleaner is very friendly and I have previously left loose change and cash around along with other expensive articles such as laptops and jewellery,nothing has ever gone missing or been tampered with. It is nice and important to be able to trust the people around you when you are on holiday and at Dinas Paradise Apartments you can.

Dina and Billy are very loyal, friendly, and helpful people. Whatever your needs whatever time of day or night they will happily fullfil them happily. Dina and Billy are always friendly and will make time to have a chat with you, no matter how busy they are.

The location has a large swimming pool along with a paddling pool, both are very luxurious and always clean. The sunbeds are of an excellent quality and very comfortable, there is also sitting areas in the shade if you so wish to have lunch. There is also an outdoor BBQ area which Billy and Dina happily let customers use.iv
The pool is about a 15 step distance from the apartments and it is often like having your own private villa. Fantasic safe area for children also.

You walk from Dinas apartments and there is a 5 minute walk to the gorgeous beach and various restaurants of perfect food options along with bars. There are several supermarket shops and other shops which have gifts and other items which have everything you can think of! Basically the shops have everything you need on a holiday. All local people and restuarant workers are friendly and glad to help you also making it a fantastic holiday destination.

To sum it up a fantastic location and extroadinary accomodation, go to Dinas Paradise Apartments and trust me you will be back the following year!

Review made by Ed, Kent.

1 Thank eddyboy007
London
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This has been my 4th visit with my partner Ed, to Dinas Paradise!
I have to say every single year it gets better and better.
The rooms, the views, the cleanliness of the rooms, pool and surrounding areas. Dina and Billy are always welcoming, friendly and considerate.
I feel like this is now my 2nd home for two weeks every single year!
I would definitely recommend this place to couples and families.
Ok, there is a monstrous hill to climb, BUT it's well worth it after all the meals consumed at the numerous restaurants in the village and on the sea front!
All of the shop owners in the village are friendly, and there is pretty much every shop in the village to cater your needs.
About 5 minute walk, at the end of the village there is a bus that can take you to and from Corfu Town. Myself and my partner used this twice during our stay. The bus is very clean and has air con, i would say its more like a coach.
Going back to Dinas..I would definitely say this is a true paradise! Peaceful, scenic and the view is to die for in the evenings to watch the sun set.
I would rate my whole stay as 15 out of 10..because i can and I think it is truly worth it.
So on that note....back in September 2012 we go!!!!! :-)

• Stayed June 2011
spain
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Just returned from a week's holiday. Not long enough. Very relaxing, stunning views and very welcoming hosts. Would go back without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
#11 of 13 in Agios Gordios
Delfino Blu Boutique Hotel
Delfino Blu Boutique Hotel
#1 of 4 in Agios Stefanos

Been to Dina's Paradise Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!