“Second year to our "second home"”

Dina's Paradise Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Agios Gordios
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have been staying at Dinas Paradise apartments for the last 13 years. This year we decided to spoil ourselves and have a holiday in June and September.

Billy and Dina make you feel some welcome and treat you like a family member.

Billy and Dina have this year added a bar where you can get snacks and even a full English breakfast, which is highly recommended.

During our stay in September because Billy and Dina hadn't seen us for a day, Dina came to the apartment as they were worried that either myself or my husband may have been sick. This is the personal touch that you would not get at most holiday destinations.

We have already booked our holiday in June 2014, and of course it is once again at Dinas Paradise apartments.

Room Tip: We love to stay in apartment 5 as it is very cool during the day.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank triumph79

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I went to Dina's at the end of August and although the 2nd apartment a double twin we stayed in on the 3rd night was nice the 1st room for the 1st 3 nights a double was very poor, dated, hot and full of Mosquitos, it did have AC but mite as well not have had, it didn't work very well

If your thinking of going to Dina's with a child DONT dina watched over my son like a hawk all the time we was by the pool made us feel very uncomfortable and actually SMACKED him on the bum and made him cry when a pool sign me touched came up if it was stuck down properly it wouldn't have com up I was not there at the time or id have gone mad you don't put your hand on someone else's child no matter what they do you talk to the parents I didn't end up saying anything me and my family didn't need the stress of finding another hotel so we just went out every day and only slept in the hotel at night

The double twin apartment we stayed in for the last 4 day was very nice up to date and the AC actually work but if you stay there you don't get the one thing good about this hotel the views it's down by the road it's also €120 a night

The food menu is very poor and expensive only cheese and ham tosties and club sandwiches but don't bother tasteless and poorly made your better off going to the supermarket and making one yourself

Hardly no choice of drink behind the bar and very expensive to spent a lot at the bar on my 2nd day I then saw a sign saying I can bring my own drinks to the pool if I wish and when I did dina took the sign down and said not to bring my own drinks she said something about the tax man, bull I know it was because I spent so much on my 2nd day and started buying my drinks elsewhere I didn't buy another drink from Dina's bar for the rest of my holiday

Overall poor hosts, poor food menu, hardly no choice of drinks and the double room was very poor

Double twin apartment, pool and views were nice but you what more from a hotel at the prices that was charged

I'd recommend Stevens in the hill next door to Dina's spent most of my nights there lots of food and drink choices and a nice pool even our hosts where there most nights don't say a lot for there own hotel wish I stay there for my week in agios gordios would have been a much better holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Woody2480
Dinasparadise, Owner at Dina's Paradise Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

We are disappointed that you found some elements of your stay unsatisfactory. Your criticisms are particularly upsetting as we tried very hard to help you with your son. We gave you our ground floor apartment because it has no stairs or balcony, so was safer for him. Despite this apartment being much larger and our most expensive, we gave it to you at the same rate as the room you originally booked. When your son smashed the glasses and cut his face, we drove you to the doctors. When you left, we gave you a lift to the coach pick up point so that you didn't have to struggle with your child and luggage.
Regarding the food, during your stay your wife had one toastie only, and on the strength of that you say that my food is tasteless and poorly made? I have many other guests who are happy with the food.
I explained during your stay that my snack bar had only been recently opened. It now has a larger selection of drinks available, however it is still only a poolside snack bar and it is not fair to compare it to full scale restaurant / bars in the village. The snack bar is offered as a convenience to our guests. Of course, they are welcome to take their own refreshments to the pool should they wish.
As you can see from our other reviews, we very rarely receive criticism and are regularly praised for our hosting skills. We are also proud to hold the prestigious Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence. Customer satisfaction is important to us and we always give full consideration to reviews. On this occasion, we do not believe your complaints are justified and will not be taking any action.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Dina's paradise is certainly the winning hotel, that gives a chance to see stunning Agios Gordios view from its poolside. Family hotel surrounded by beautiful hills, covered with bush and olive trees, and right above there's a beautiful rock, covered with more green trees. Inside the hotel premises there are lots of fig trees, which adds that wonderful mideterranian feeling.Dina is the most caring host I know of, and that quality helps to make the newly built breakfast&bar unit even more relaxable and enjoyable.

Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Anastasia_Genkina
Reviewed 21 September 2013

If you're looking around Agios Gordios, this is the place to stay!

The location is situated a bit higher up on the hill next to the beach. This means that it's not right on the beach. You have to walk 5 mins uphill to reach the hotel from the beach, but it is a relatively easy walk. If you do work up a sweat, there is a refreshing pool waiting for you. This also means that it is further away from the busy areas (5 min walk), which gives you a quite hotel to come back to. So many times I was happy not to be close to the restaurants and bars, so we could have a nice quite night outside on the terrace or sleep without any noise bothering us. The location also gives onto the ocean and the sunset, both are spectacular.

The rooms were clean and tidy. They are cleaned everyday. The rooms have air conditioning that work well. They also have a kitchenette if you want to bring your own food. The beds are comfortable and clean. There is also a clothes line to dry your clothes.

The property grounds are nice. There are hanging grapes and figs around you. There are some places to park if you have a car. There is an public computer room along with wifi in the hotel, although not that fast. The beautiful part in the public space next to the pool where there are plenty of chairs, umbrellas and tables. Dina also has a small bar where you can order some breakfast, frappes or drinks.

The service was great! Dina and Vasili are very kind and generous. They always greeted us with a smile and answered any questions we had. They were able to provide us everything we needed. We had breakfast at the bar every morning, it's very good and reasonably priced, loved the yogurt and honey. Vasili gave us some good directions to drive to some local spots for beaches and restaurants.

Thank you so much Dina & Vasili !

Room Tip: Room 1 is small and doesn't have a great view of the ocean
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greenleaf699
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We booked this holiday independently based on trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. We had apartment 5 which had side sea views and amazing views and sunsets from our front door. Yes, the hill was a bit steep and our fitness levels did not seem to improve after 2 weeks of climbing it but if you take it easy it is well worth it for the views. The apartment was kept extremely clean, the cleaner only had Sunday off. The kitchen was basic but useable when you work out which is the oven and which is the grill! We ate in a few nights as we found eating out in Greece to be expensive this year compared to previous years. We also hired a scooter for 4 days to do some sightseeing around this beautiful island. The bar was a great place to chat with Dina and Vassilis, something which they readily did. We found them to be genuinely warm people who welcomed even first timers like us with. Vassilis even let us taste his wonderful figs straight from the tree. I can understand why people return as you will not find more friendlier owners than Dina and Vassilis. Dina is now a 'friend' on facebook. Keep up the great work Dina & Vassilis and hope to see you again in the future. ps. if you get bothered by wasps in September the burning greek ground coffee tip really does work.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Taylorduo
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The addition of a bar with facility for making breakfast was a pleasant surprise this time. consistent with previous modifications that Vasilis and Constantina have made to the Paradise, it is both aesthetically pleasing and well integrated into the existing structures. I have had the pleasure of Dina's simple and wholesome cooking many times and find it to be on a par with many tavernas. Otherwise it was business as usual this year which is good because there is very little about this place that isn't just right the way it is.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We spent our vacations at Dina's Paradise (August 2013). During these 10 days we experienced a country, an island, a mentality in a way which Greece is famous for - its beauty and hospitality. This was especially represented by our hosts Dina and Vassilis and this great place. From the beginning we felt extremely comfortable. The appartment was well equipped including all the necessities such as safe deposit and air conditioner. Steady cleaned and in very good condition. Due to the kitchen we were able to prepare the well known greek salad ourselves... and even breakfast. We also enjoyed the tasty sandwiches prepared by Dina at the bar.

The view from the balcony - actually from everywhere around the hotel - was terrific! We enjoyed the view on Agios Gordios Bay with all the different kind of sunsets. The hotel is surrounded by plenty of olive trees, lemon trees, ficus and many other mediterrenean plants. In combination with a beautiful hotel facilty, we realized promptly that the name of the hotel has to be considered literally. The pool atmosphere was very relaxing which we personally consider to be the main purpose of a pool. Even though the path to the beach is quiet short, the pool attracted us a lot; it was always clean and in very good condition. The pool bar gave us the opportunity to get a tasty Mythos (Greek beer), water or even a snack.

Another big point was definitely the silence at night, without any disturbances. Dina and Vassilis were great hosts giving us at all times the feeling of hospitality and kindness. They gave us the impression of being much more than just guests. To sum it up: we spent our vacations at a fantastic place with fabulous hosts and we are looking forward to come back soon. Panagiotis and Cathy, Cologne (Germany)

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
#11 of 13 in Agios Gordios
MarBella Corfu Hotel
MarBella Corfu Hotel
#1 of 5 in Agios Ioannis Peristeron

Been to Dina's Paradise Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!