“I am back in my second home again.”

Dina's Paradise Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Agios Gordios
Reviewed 29 September 2013

When I am back in Agios Gordios I consider Dina's Paradise Apartments to be my second home. It was great to see Dina's and Vasili's smiling faces and getting a very warm welcome. Things have changed since my last visit, they have now added a pool bar and moved the BBQ. It will take the owners a little while to adjust stocking levels to match their guests requirements. For my needs I found it more than adequate. It fills the needs of their guests unlike some of the other pool bars in the resort who have a good passing trade.
The apartments were up to their normal high standard and maintained on nearly daily basis. I know Dina would like to upgrade them to match the other improvements she has made but with the Greek Economy as it is have to be put on hold. i have heard about things which are on her wish list.
I was very upset when I saw the review from Woody2480 and his comments. Dina can be likened to an Old Mother Hen, always scurrying around looking after the needs of her guests. As to the comment that they were seen in Stevens on the Hill, this type of thing is normal in such a tight knit community. Other owners often gather there to play Backgammon.
I am enjoying my visit and to return in the future. I would reccomend Dina's to any of my friends. With ALL of the great reviews about Dina's Paradise Apartments, one adverse review should be disregarded.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Weststekker

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Just when we thought Dina's couldn't get any better, there is now the addition of a pool side bar that serves drinks, snacks and breakfasts.

So what better way to start my birthday than with one one Dina's feasts.
Beautifully laid table with flowers and card, and a rendition of Happy Birthday (don't get that with Thomas Cook) :)
Then a couple of hours round the glorious pool. Perfect.

September is a good time to visit, the weather is still lovely (28 degrees every day), but it's a bit cooler at night, guaranteeing a good night's sleep.
Although if you are a bit too warm air conditioning is free, as is wi-fi.

Maid service every day, apart from Sun, clean sheets and towels every second day, don't often get that in self catering accommodation!

This is truly a wonderful place to holiday.
Don't want to go home :(

Dina and Vasilis are truly wonderful hosts - thank you x x

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Arlene D
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I'm typing this sitting in the shade of the tree at the poolside, enjoying an ice cold Mythos. There is a welcome breeze gently fanning the leaves of the tree above. I'm surrounded by the scent and colours of the beautiful plants & gardens that Dina and Vasillas keep so well maintained. I can hear the waves breaking on the shore of the lovely clean beach just a few hundred metres away. This truly does feel like paradise sometimes.

This is our 3rd visit to Dina's. That is nothing exceptional - there is a Dutch couple in the room above us who have been coming for the last 14 years and a Canadian gentleman on the top floor who has just returned for his 6th trip. A British couple who left on Monday after visiting for the first time are already booked in for a return next May.

Dina has made some changes since our last trip. There is now a poolside snack bar dispensing a variety of light meals and drinks. A previous reviewer has commented that the choice is limited and that it is expensive. I'm sorry if that was his experience, perhaps it wasn't up and running properly at the time of his stay. There are now about 15 items on the menu, plus Dina has been going 'off menu' for us each morning for our breakfast, typically going out of her way to please her guests. The prices are certainly not expensive, comparing very favourably to the bars and restaurants in the village.

As always, Dina and Vasillas have been the perfect hosts. It's the little personal touches that make it so special, like Vasillas gifting his homemade wine and grapes or Dina insisting that we try her delicious fig jam. They are both so welcoming and give the impression that nothing is too much trouble to make your stay special.

This is a charming, characterful place. If you are looking for swish, 24 hour bar service or an exhaustive menu, maybe you should stick to the large hotels or all inclusive package deals. For the independent traveller who enjoys the personal touch and a warm, friendly atmosphere, Dina's can't be beaten.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Barry J
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have been staying at Dinas Paradise apartments for the last 13 years. This year we decided to spoil ourselves and have a holiday in June and September.

Billy and Dina make you feel some welcome and treat you like a family member.

Billy and Dina have this year added a bar where you can get snacks and even a full English breakfast, which is highly recommended.

During our stay in September because Billy and Dina hadn't seen us for a day, Dina came to the apartment as they were worried that either myself or my husband may have been sick. This is the personal touch that you would not get at most holiday destinations.

We have already booked our holiday in June 2014, and of course it is once again at Dinas Paradise apartments.

Room Tip: We love to stay in apartment 5 as it is very cool during the day.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank triumph79
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I went to Dina's at the end of August and although the 2nd apartment a double twin we stayed in on the 3rd night was nice the 1st room for the 1st 3 nights a double was very poor, dated, hot and full of Mosquitos, it did have AC but mite as well not have had, it didn't work very well

If your thinking of going to Dina's with a child DONT dina watched over my son like a hawk all the time we was by the pool made us feel very uncomfortable and actually SMACKED him on the bum and made him cry when a pool sign me touched came up if it was stuck down properly it wouldn't have com up I was not there at the time or id have gone mad you don't put your hand on someone else's child no matter what they do you talk to the parents I didn't end up saying anything me and my family didn't need the stress of finding another hotel so we just went out every day and only slept in the hotel at night

The double twin apartment we stayed in for the last 4 day was very nice up to date and the AC actually work but if you stay there you don't get the one thing good about this hotel the views it's down by the road it's also €120 a night

The food menu is very poor and expensive only cheese and ham tosties and club sandwiches but don't bother tasteless and poorly made your better off going to the supermarket and making one yourself

Hardly no choice of drink behind the bar and very expensive to spent a lot at the bar on my 2nd day I then saw a sign saying I can bring my own drinks to the pool if I wish and when I did dina took the sign down and said not to bring my own drinks she said something about the tax man, bull I know it was because I spent so much on my 2nd day and started buying my drinks elsewhere I didn't buy another drink from Dina's bar for the rest of my holiday

Overall poor hosts, poor food menu, hardly no choice of drinks and the double room was very poor

Double twin apartment, pool and views were nice but you what more from a hotel at the prices that was charged

I'd recommend Stevens in the hill next door to Dina's spent most of my nights there lots of food and drink choices and a nice pool even our hosts where there most nights don't say a lot for there own hotel wish I stay there for my week in agios gordios would have been a much better holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Woody2480
Dinasparadise, Owner at Dina's Paradise Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

We are disappointed that you found some elements of your stay unsatisfactory. Your criticisms are particularly upsetting as we tried very hard to help you with your son. We gave you our ground floor apartment because it has no stairs or balcony, so was safer for him. Despite this apartment being much larger and our most expensive, we gave it to you at the same rate as the room you originally booked. When your son smashed the glasses and cut his face, we drove you to the doctors. When you left, we gave you a lift to the coach pick up point so that you didn't have to struggle with your child and luggage.
Regarding the food, during your stay your wife had one toastie only, and on the strength of that you say that my food is tasteless and poorly made? I have many other guests who are happy with the food.
I explained during your stay that my snack bar had only been recently opened. It now has a larger selection of drinks available, however it is still only a poolside snack bar and it is not fair to compare it to full scale restaurant / bars in the village. The snack bar is offered as a convenience to our guests. Of course, they are welcome to take their own refreshments to the pool should they wish.
As you can see from our other reviews, we very rarely receive criticism and are regularly praised for our hosting skills. We are also proud to hold the prestigious Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence. Customer satisfaction is important to us and we always give full consideration to reviews. On this occasion, we do not believe your complaints are justified and will not be taking any action.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Dina's paradise is certainly the winning hotel, that gives a chance to see stunning Agios Gordios view from its poolside. Family hotel surrounded by beautiful hills, covered with bush and olive trees, and right above there's a beautiful rock, covered with more green trees. Inside the hotel premises there are lots of fig trees, which adds that wonderful mideterranian feeling.Dina is the most caring host I know of, and that quality helps to make the newly built breakfast&bar unit even more relaxable and enjoyable.

Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Anastasia_Genkina
Reviewed 21 September 2013

If you're looking around Agios Gordios, this is the place to stay!

The location is situated a bit higher up on the hill next to the beach. This means that it's not right on the beach. You have to walk 5 mins uphill to reach the hotel from the beach, but it is a relatively easy walk. If you do work up a sweat, there is a refreshing pool waiting for you. This also means that it is further away from the busy areas (5 min walk), which gives you a quite hotel to come back to. So many times I was happy not to be close to the restaurants and bars, so we could have a nice quite night outside on the terrace or sleep without any noise bothering us. The location also gives onto the ocean and the sunset, both are spectacular.

The rooms were clean and tidy. They are cleaned everyday. The rooms have air conditioning that work well. They also have a kitchenette if you want to bring your own food. The beds are comfortable and clean. There is also a clothes line to dry your clothes.

The property grounds are nice. There are hanging grapes and figs around you. There are some places to park if you have a car. There is an public computer room along with wifi in the hotel, although not that fast. The beautiful part in the public space next to the pool where there are plenty of chairs, umbrellas and tables. Dina also has a small bar where you can order some breakfast, frappes or drinks.

The service was great! Dina and Vasili are very kind and generous. They always greeted us with a smile and answered any questions we had. They were able to provide us everything we needed. We had breakfast at the bar every morning, it's very good and reasonably priced, loved the yogurt and honey. Vasili gave us some good directions to drive to some local spots for beaches and restaurants.

Thank you so much Dina & Vasili !

Room Tip: Room 1 is small and doesn't have a great view of the ocean
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bella Vista Hotel & Studios
The Pink Palace
The Pink Palace
#11 of 13 in Agios Gordios

Been to Dina's Paradise Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!