The welcome we received at reception was a little standoffish, the main man was on the phone refunding some money to someone. The flowers that I paid £45 for had arrived for my wife on our 25th wedding anniversary and were well worth the money, however, despite a discussion about the length of our marriage with the receptionist, the card read HAPPY BIRTHDAY. The room looked good (123) and the view from the window was excellent. The facilities are good but the shower will try to drill holes in you and there is no way to reduce the pressure, do not get into the jacuzzi unless you are a gymnast as it is deep and there are no handles anywhere to help you get out. The restaurant food was ok and reasonably priced, the staff are great, lovely obliging people. During the first night the noise, of what I am told is the extractor of the freezer rooms next door, droned on all night, we hoped it might stop, it did not. The breakfast was virtually cold despite "baring [sic] with them" whilst they freshly cooked it. Next morning we asked if noise could be turned off at all and were assured that it would be attended to. It was not, the next night I went to reception where the main man was on the phone again. He promised to sort it, then offered us another room, 106, even better view, same price, all we had to do was move, we were fresh from the bar at 11pm but we packed and went to room 106 however opening the door of the room woke the people who were already sleeping in there, major embarrassment. Next morning we packed and checked out a day early. They refunded our money in part.
With a few small additions and a few small removals this could be a nice place.
1) Somewhere to put the soap in the shower,
2) Move that extractor !!!!!!!
3) A biscuit with the tea making facilities.
4) A way of adjusting the shower.
5) Some assistance handles in the jacuzzi.
6) Someone on reception who really cares and has up to date information about occupancy.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Old Mill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Mill Bath
- Old Mill Hotel Bath/Batheaston