Old Mill Hotel
US$105
US$151
US$137
  • Room Service
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,240 results
All reviewsriver viewwater wheelbuffet styleposter bedfull englishlovely roomvisit bathyogurtavonwaterwheelengland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Upon arrival the Hotel Reception was flooded out by "someone turned the shower on too violently and flooded their room which came through the ceiling"
Not a good sign! We were then given a room in an outside "annexe" which although the receptionist describe it as a beautiful room, was quite the opposite. If I can describe the "annexe" as a block of about 6 rooms in a row with another 6 rooms stacked on top which were reminisent of a Butlins chalets block - only worse!
The room was extremely small with no seating and just enough room to walk around the bed, and just one window at the front. It was bloody awful.
I went back to reception and complained and although I was originally told that there were no rooms in the main Hotel, one was immediately found, number 127 which was very nice, except that it was a double room with just one chair and one tumbler for drinking.
Overall the room was very good with a comfortable bed. In the morning however - here we go again, there was no water. Apparently the phantom shower gremin had struck again - you know - like lightening does! On going for breakfast they had run out of my favourite starter - grapefruit so we just ordered a full English whereupon hey presto grapefruit appeared just in time for the Main course to arrive ( 35 minutes)
Overall - not impressed but a lovely setting for a hotel and the river taxi to Bath is very nice.
Does Basil Fawlty spring to mind?

Room Tip: Don't choose the annexe!
2  Thank BasilFawlty504102
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We stayed at The Old Mill Hotel 9-11 September 2011, and the first chance I got to read the reviews was about an hour before we set off. I'm sure if you've read the rest of the reviews on here you can imagine what I was thinking about the horrors that would be awaiting me on arrival at this hotel!!

Well we arrived early afternoon and check in was fine, receptionist was pleasant and really helpful giving us useful information on how to get to the town centre including a map. We then made our way to the"prefab" building, but I have to say after the terrible reviews, I was pleasantly surprised. The room although not the biggest was very clean. The bathroom had been newly refurbished and following the receptionists instructions to use the shower this was great and very spacious. The location of the hotel was beautiful and at the top of the road I can definately reccommend the Wagon & Horses Pub with its delightful owners who made us feel really welcome.

What I will say though is that the photos on the website are very misleading as I couldn't see anywhere in the hotel a room with a balcony. I have included a few photos so you can get an accurate idea of what the "prefab" and our room looked like.

Overall we had a very pleasant stay here and will definately be returning.

Room Tip: I can't comment on the hotel rooms as I didn't see them but the "prefab" rooms were perfectly acceptable if you are just using the hotel as a base.
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My husband and myself took my Mum there for her 80th birthday. We found it lovely, unlike a lot of reviews which stated unfriendly staff, awful food and not a nice room. We found the complete opposite, it was comfortable, the staff were really helpful and the breakfast was lovely. It has idea surroundings because you can get to the centre of Bath very easily, but you aren't in the main busy centre. It was a lovely break, and we would definitely recommend it and stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here for two days and although the location was breathtaking the accommodation was dismal at best. The room (chalet) was so small that it could be compared to a butlins broom cupboard. The tv was on the same scale as the room and was the size of a postage stamp. The room was so small that we had to store our baggage in the boot of the car.
The advertisement and website is misleading as it doesn't mention or show on the picture that "the lodge" rooms are reminescent of a dodgy caravan. It cost £95 per night to stay in what can only be described as a upmarket garden shed !!!!
The utensils weren't clean, there was no fridge and although an ironing board of sorts was provided we had to ask for the iron. When we complained to the manager we was offered a room in the hotel for the first night but was told that it wasn't any bigger than the orignal room. Overall I would say that the owners take advantage of their location and charge well over the odds. It completely spoiled our weekend.

Room Tip: I would advise that if you are considering this hotel that you check it out yourself first because the website is very misleading.
3  Thank 785Andy785
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I took my Fiance' here for her Birthday back in June and we had a fantastic weekend. Our room had a view of the river which I requested and although the rooms are slightly small they're also pretty cosy, very comfortable and extremely clean. The Hotel is based in Batheaston (for anyone that doesn't know the area) which is about a 5-10 minute drive from Bath City Centre - This works perfectly, however, as you get to experience the countryside and nature whilst on a city break weekend. I would definitely recommend this place if you're thinking of taking your girlfriend/boyfriend away for the weekend but make sure you stay in the Hotel part as opposed to the Lodge. I have no idea if there is anything wrong with the Lodge but we enjoyed our room immensely and so this is what I would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple